Latest news:

Starting Prem XV
Discussion started by HMRH , 24 July, 2019 07:57
Starting Prem XV
HMRH 24 July, 2019 07:57
All a bit quiet so hopefully this stimulates some thinking and comments.

I've made some assumptions about injuries, arrivals and positions and have selected what I think is our strongest starting XV prior to RWC returnees. Highlights some areas of concern as we lack cover, in my opinion, at FB,centre and No 8 especially.

Hobbs-Awoyemi
Porecki
Hoskins
van der Merwe
Botha
Gilsenen
Rogerson
Ioane
Meehan
Jackson
Hepetema
Macken
Naholo
Rona
Parton

Re: Starting Prem XV
rex96 24 July, 2019 10:19
Good team here !

Thought Botha was injured ? I would definitely play barney as a starter IMO

By the looks of things Ioane will be in the World Cup squad

HMRH 24 July, 2019 11:18
Hoped Botha would have recovered in time and forgot about TJ and Samoa - that makes our back row look very light

Ajax Treesdown 24 July, 2019 12:26
Quote:
HMRH
All a bit quiet so hopefully this stimulates some thinking and comments.
I've made some assumptions about injuries, arrivals and positions and have selected what I think is our strongest starting XV prior to RWC returnees. Highlights some areas of concern as we lack cover, in my opinion, at FB,centre and No 8 especially.

Hobbs-Awoyemi
Porecki
Hoskins
van der Merwe
Botha
Gilsenen
Rogerson
Ioane
Meehan
Jackson
Hepetema
Macken
Naholo
Rona
Parton

Naholo at 13?

JamboBris 24 July, 2019 12:36
Afternoon all, you guys have a good record for bringing young players through and just wondered who you would say to look out for? Loader has a growing reputation but not got a great deal of knowledge other than that. Mainly as we haven't been in the same league for some time! Cheers

HMRH 24 July, 2019 13:14
No sorry was following a list of players so Hep and Macken At 12 and 13

bigbitty 24 July, 2019 13:15
Oh no you don't! Who do you think you are? Bath?

Nothing to see here, nothing at all.....they are all rubbish and not worth anyone's attention.

(Sm6)

Florida 24 July, 2019 13:16
Hobbs-Awoyemi
Porecki
Hoskins
Mafi
Botha
Gilsenen
Cowan
Rogerson
Meehan
Jackson
Hepetema
Macken
Naholo
Rona
Parton

SirBurger 24 July, 2019 13:24
Mafi?

Florida 24 July, 2019 13:25
Quote:
SirBurger
Mafi?

Maybe winking smiley

SirBurger 24 July, 2019 13:30
Hmmmm...expect he would be at World Cup in any event?

Florida 24 July, 2019 13:34
Quote:
SirBurger
Hmmmm...expect he would be at World Cup in any event?

Ah yes, just checked the Tonga squad, he's currently in it so I expect you're right

MattM 24 July, 2019 13:51
Quote:
JamboBris
Afternoon all, you guys have a good record for bringing young players through and just wondered who you would say to look out for? Loader has a growing reputation but not got a great deal of knowledge other than that. Mainly as we haven't been in the same league for some time! Cheers
Hey jambo, Ben Loader probably has the highest reputation but Tom Parton is equally good, an electric full back who loves to attack. Matt Williams is worth a watch too and there are plenty of others who will get a shot in the cups and show plenty of potential.

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2018/19 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

waltham 24 July, 2019 15:09
We are definitely begging to look like some sort of Premiership Barbarians squad.... (no issue at all with that!)

Florida 24 July, 2019 15:49
Quote:
waltham
We are definitely begging to look like some sort of Premiership Barbarians squad.... (no issue at all with that!)

Not only that, but we finally have some ball carriers too.

JamboBris 24 July, 2019 16:24
Quote:
bigbitty
Oh no you don't! Who do you think you are? Bath?
Nothing to see here, nothing at all.....they are all rubbish and not worth anyone's attention.

(Sm6)

(Sm6) how rude! Shamelessly having a snoop for cheap players for my fantasy team.

Lazyboy346 24 July, 2019 16:36
Hobbs-Awoyemi 
Porecki 
Hoskins 
van der Merwe 
Botha/Maddison (injury)
Gilsenan 
Ioane/Cowan (Samoa?)
Rogerson 

Meehan 
Jackson 
Loader
Hepetema 
Stephenson/Macken (injury)
Rona 
Parton

HMRH 24 July, 2019 16:39
Loader over Naholo? That’s a brave call

norg2072 24 July, 2019 20:45
Naholo still has a chance to make the RWC, annoyingly!

HMRH 24 July, 2019 21:20
Also Fiji play Barbarians in the autumn so unless there’s an agreement to avoid Prem players we could lose 2 for a longer period?

MattM 25 July, 2019 10:02
I believe that game is outside the international window so there is no obligation to release players.

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2018/19 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

HMRH 25 July, 2019 11:21
We have a history of being flexible though

Florida 25 July, 2019 12:57
Quote:
HMRH
We have a history of being flexible though

I hope we continue to be. Players want to play for their country, we should always celebrate this and help them achieve it wherever possible.

HMRH 25 July, 2019 13:20
Yes and no - yes it’s good for the players and our relationship with various unions and I suppose good be a an intro game before joining Irish but no because we need our best players available as much as possible and I’m already nervous about our back row

SirBurger 25 July, 2019 13:50
Quote:
HMRH
Yes and no - yes it’s good for the players and our relationship with various unions and I suppose good be a an intro game before joining Irish but no because we need our best players available as much as possible and I’m already nervous about our back row

I think adopting a policy of preventing players appearing for their international sides is a bit of an error. It will hinder recruitment and make players resentful. I always really enjoy seeing our players on the international stage and it is nice to point out our boys to people who don't watch much club Rugby.

HMRH 25 July, 2019 15:23
fair point

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net