Reuben Knight
Discussion started by Florida , 30 July, 2019 17:24
Reuben Knight
Florida 30 July, 2019 17:24
Has joined Ealing Trailfinders academy

Re: Reuben Knight
Shawshank 30 July, 2019 22:32
Never heard of him...

Does he some connection to our great club?(Sm100)

HMRH 31 July, 2019 06:58
Joined LI academy as a 10 in last years intake

paddym 31 July, 2019 13:06
Played some games for LIWG but never shone out and defence v poor.

Lazyboy346 31 July, 2019 18:10
Ealing Gazette also reporting they've signed another fly half from our academy called Matt Dalrymple. Not heard of him.

HMRH 31 July, 2019 18:53
If you donít know about players may I suggest a quick Google which normally returns enough info and even more should you wish to delve a little deeper

Tom1215 31 July, 2019 21:07
Or ask on here and you can find out peoples opinions on the player as well
Seeing as this is a London irish forum itís the best place to ask those questions, am I right or am I right???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/07/2019 21:10 by Tom1215.

HMRH 31 July, 2019 21:48
Wrong - right for opinions wrong to say who are they - in my opinion natch

Too easy to default to asking others for basics - as you say very fake to ask for comments etc

Lazyboy346 31 July, 2019 23:12
Quote:
HMRH
If you donít know about players may I suggest a quick Google which normally returns enough info and even more should you wish to delve a little deeper

I've not heard of him in a London Irish context at all and googling mainly gave variations on the Ealing announcement and a sevens tournament he played in for Shiplake last year, plus some six year old details about him playing cricket.

Given we've now had two academy tens leave us for Ealing inside a week, I thought it might lead to a discussion on 1) why they left, 2) whether we are expecting a gap in academy fly halves for a while given Jackson/Freddie/Theo/Atkins could last us a while as a group so we focus on gaps e.g. academy forwards and 3) the issue of Ealing tapping into our academy.

Edit: Apologies to HMRH for being unnecessarily passive aggressive. Never post when you've finished work six hours later than planned...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 07:21 by Lazyboy346.

CharlieG 31 July, 2019 23:26
Quote:
Lazyboy346
the issue of Ealing tapping into our academy.

Ealing is the new Bath ?

(Sm159)

LI Bohemian 31 July, 2019 23:30
The main question for me is, would they be missed, which depends on whether they would have made the grade. The connection might be due to Ealing being an up coming club local to Hazelwood and Ealing building their academy with a bit of ambition maybe.

Florida 01 August, 2019 00:23
Quote:
Lazyboy346
Quote:
HMRH

Thanks for the obvious advice. I've not heard of him in a London Irish context at all and googling mainly gave variations on the Ealing announcement and a sevens tournament he played in for Shiplake last year, plus some six year old details about him playing cricket.

Given we've now had two academy tens leave us for Ealing inside a week, I thought it might lead to a discussion on 1) why they left, 2) whether we are expecting a gap in academy fly halves for a while given Jackson/Freddie/Theo/Atkins could last us a while as a group so we focus on gaps e.g. academy forwards and 3) the issue of Ealing tapping into our academy.

I think HMRH is referring to Shawshank's reply to the original post.

Florida 01 August, 2019 00:23
As an aside was anyone awar that Austin Hay had left us for Baaaaarf?

HMRH 01 August, 2019 05:54
Typo in my response - for fake read fair - apologies

PV 01 August, 2019 08:16
Quote:
Tom1215
Or ask on here and you can find out peoples opinions on the player as well
Seeing as this is a London irish forum itís the best place to ask those questions, am I right or am I right???

Agreed.

From what I have garnered, neither were stars in the making (they could prove me wrong and good luck to them). Theyíll get more game time and if they produce the goods Iím sure theyíll be on the radar.

ExiledChameleon 01 August, 2019 08:27
Quote:
Florida

Nope, but no great loss considering what I saw of him for the WG vs Henley last year. Got completely worked over in the tight and threw a strop that he got binned for.

Shawshank 01 August, 2019 09:06
My sincere and most humble apologies HMRH for wasting your valuable time in me making such a silly posting.

HMRH 01 August, 2019 10:38
Oh stop youíre making me blush.

On a more serious note no offence intended

Marbo 04 August, 2019 12:59
Quote:
Florida

Not sure where you got that from he has signed for Old Elthamians RFC for next season. Think you are getting mixed up with Bath uni which is where he went whilst he was with us.

Florida 04 August, 2019 16:10
Quote:
Marbo
Quote:
Florida

Not sure where you got that from he has signed for Old Elthamians RFC for next season. Think you are getting mixed up with Bath uni which is where he went whilst he was with us.

Ah yes, you're quite correct

DaveTVT 04 August, 2019 17:57
Matt Dalrymple is ex Shiplake School, after a junior career that saw him come through Bracknell minis\juniors age group into Berks county. Pretty sure he was picked for England Lambs. Don't think he was anything to do with LI academy after age 16 but I could be wrong. Trailfinders academy have a tie up with Brunel University which makes it an attractive prospect so that could explain why they are picking up lots of players at this particular age group. I'm sure he'll do well...very handy cricketer too!

Shawshank 05 August, 2019 17:29
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
Marbo
Quote:
Florida

Ah yes, you're quite correct

Marbro - as a general point (and I don't know much about the National Leagues) do you know whether the players in ND1 get paid/are on contract?

If so, anyone have any idea what they would get?

Could you have it as your main job, or would you need to do part-time work elsewhere?

PV 05 August, 2019 21:45
A mate of mine is connected with a side below ND 1 and a few players are paid and have subsidies such as free housing etc. ND1 will definitely have players paid (not all) and some will make a decent wage. Chinnor for example

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net