rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Guide to the Stoop
ComeAllWithin.co.uk (IP Logged)
12 May, 2009 10:50
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Guide to The Stoop
The Prof (IP Logged)
12 May, 2009 10:51
I've just updated this - does anyone have any more suggestions/changes/additions?

Re: Guide to the Stoop
Ralph (IP Logged)
12 May, 2009 11:11
Glad to see you've included details of the Helipad!

For what it's worth The Pope's Grotto is en route to being renamed The Alexander this month (though signs are already up....). God only knows why they feel the need to change the name but there you go....

JTD (IP Logged)
12 May, 2009 11:20
Quote:
Ralph
Glad to see you've included details of the Helipad!
For what it's worth The Pope's Grotto is en route to being renamed The Alexander this month (though signs are already up....). God only knows why they feel the need to change the name but there you go....

How strange! Are they going to re-name the surrounding streets too? Alexander Grove etc???

claire_m (IP Logged)
12 May, 2009 11:21
It's only semantics / pedantry, but the Quins head does sell non-alcoholic drinks.

You also haven't mentioned the Baileys hot chocolate / coffee man, who is a particular favourite in the winter!

I wonder if we could get the club to do mulled wine in the winter? I do bring my own, but it would be easier if I didn't have to!!!

Boonie (IP Logged)
12 May, 2009 12:59
Is the Helipad in use on match days?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to bleat about it all over the internet"

Ralph (IP Logged)
12 May, 2009 13:10
Try booking it and then let us know.... (Sm14)

GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
12 May, 2009 13:29
Try using it and we'll let you know.

raedarius (IP Logged)
12 May, 2009 15:10
Perhaps mention that the North and South Stands have much more generous leg-room than the Etihad stand.

UQ (IP Logged)
12 May, 2009 15:45
Good to see you've kept the photo of the old Members Stand. Sweet Memories.(Sm125)

AndyH (IP Logged)
12 May, 2009 17:49
Hi Prof

Just to say the link to A life in a day does not work (Sm77)

Also I think you should remove the Pic of The Old West Stand those posts are totally naked from the waist down (Sm135)

See you next season

Andy

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
12 May, 2009 18:59
Quote:
Are they going to re-name the surrounding streets too? Alexander Grove etc???

He's done really well at 13 for Worcester this season, but I don't see why they should be naming streets in Strawberry Hill after him. winking smiley

kevin (IP Logged)
12 May, 2009 19:31
Have you warned that the gates will be shut until the players return to the dressing room after the final whistle, if some get their way?

Pictures should be 'before' and 'after'?

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
12 May, 2009 19:41
Will you be having that most excellent beet tent at all matches next season?

Angostura (IP Logged)
13 May, 2009 11:06
Tigergeezer,
I don't see why we wouldn't. We've had it at every game since it was put up and it's always busy. Not only does it appease the ale lovers and provide a smoking den but it eases some of the pressures on the other bars too.

RESPECT THE REF - NO REF, NO GAME!

Ralph (IP Logged)
13 May, 2009 11:09
That's a good point about the players tunnel gates kevin....

Babs (IP Logged)
13 May, 2009 12:11
I think you'll find kevin means the stadium gates so no-one can leave until the game is over.
Of course, I'd go the whole hog and have safety harnesses (like they have on the more dangerous rides at theme parks) that come down over your seat and are only released after the boys have left the pitch!(Sm156)

Ralph (IP Logged)
13 May, 2009 12:16
Good idea Babs. It has been a bit of a rollercoaster....

AlecW (IP Logged)
13 May, 2009 13:19
From the LI perspective, last Saturday reminded me what a cracking ground the Stoop is - plenty of space, good view, great atmos, great bars/booze, plenty of loos and a friendly welcome (and I don't mean just the result...!)...

Dancing girls not bad either! The blonde sat in front of what was probably Etihad AH for most of the game was not exactly hard on the eye!

Cheers

Alec from LI

GrahamJ (IP Logged)
13 May, 2009 13:31
Could I suggest that a change to the date of the article at the top might help.

I have always thought Dec 27th was very sad anyway and it certainly is not 2005!!!!

WynQuin (IP Logged)
15 May, 2009 12:40
Think Youngs have compromised and changed the name to "The Alexander Pope" - but still no grotto.

Phil. (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 07:26
Prof,

I've compiled a travel guide for the Saintly peeps travelling down on Friday. Many thanks for permission to use information contained in this article in my piece (there's acknowledgement and a link at the bottom). Is there anything I've missed out?

ECC Final - The Essential Travel Guide

Phil. (IP Logged)
19 May, 2009 23:04
Quote:
Phil.
Is there anything I've missed out?

obviously not! (Sm12)

The Prof (IP Logged)
20 May, 2009 00:33
Hi Phil. it looks good to me - best of luck in the game

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net