Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Information on Coaches to the Amlin Cup Final
ComeAllWithin.co.uk (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 15:43
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 21/05/2011 13:19 by The Prof.

Re: Quinssa Information on Coaches to the Amlin Cup Final
JTD (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 18:47
This is from the Offy:

Amlin Challenge Cup Final Information
3 May 2011, 6:36 pm
By Jon Salinger
We are pleased to announce the information for the Amlin Challenge Cup Final. This is between Harlequins and Stade Francais and will take place on Friday 20th May 2011, KO 7.45pm at the Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff
Ticket Information

There are 3 ticket prices for the Final - unfortunately there are no concessionary prices. They are as follows: -

£45 tickets- these are limited and situated in Level 4 of the Grandstand along the side.

£36 tickets- these are situated between the 22 metre lines in the Grandstand along the side.

£20 tickets - these are situated behind the posts in the Canton Stand.

There are plenty of tickets available for the match and not anticipating this selling out - famous last words!

Tickets are available to Season Ticket holders through the Harlequins Ticket Office and have been written to separately but if you are not a Season Ticket holder then tickets can be purchased via Ticketmaster

Hospitality Options

This is still to be agreed and once known will appear on the Quins website

Travel Information

We are pleased to provide travel to the Cardiff City Stadium on the Friday for £10 return per person!

Coaches will be departing from the Stoop at 1.30pm and leaving the Cardiff City Stadium at 11.30pm.

Tickets for the coaches need to be purchased in advanced either over the telephone on 0871 527 1315 or in Person at the Stoop. Unfortunately this cannot be done online and is open to all supporters.

Viewing at the Stoop

If you cannot make it to Cardiff for the Final, then why not come down to the Stoop and watch it with like-minded supporters? For the recent Semi-Final match there were approx 200 in attendance and created a fantastic atmosphere!

The bar will be open and there will be food available to be purchased on the night - the bar will open at 6.30pm and will close at 10.30pm.

Tickets are FREE but they must be pre-booked in order for the Club to make arrangements and ensure that capacity is not exceeded - book early to avoid disappointment!

Tickets for this need to be got in advance either via the telephone on 0871 527 1315 or in Person at the Stoop. Unfortunately this cannot be done online. This is open to all supporters.

Travel for £10 RETURN!!! That's AWESOME!!

(Sm128)

DOK (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 19:06
So are these coaches different to the QUINSSA ones or do we all now book via club?

Arlecchino (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 19:53
Jon Salinger says they are not the same coaches. I suppose we await more news.

Nunquam Dormio

Samquin (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 21:31
THe timings of the Quinssa coaches leaving Cardiff are more appealing. Club coaches at 23:30 seems late particularly with kids

Monte (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 21:34
I agree on the timings on the Quinssa buses - if we loose we will want to come straight back!!! Also if we do nothave to go until 2 pm this is better. Please advise if you are still going to run as 2 of us would like to support the Quinssa bus!

Stoopendous (IP Logged)
03 May, 2011 21:42
Yes and another three of us sitting here are fancying the Quinssa timings far more than the club coaches - tho the £10 return pricing is very persuasive. Please can you confirm that Quinssa buses will still go - and at what price....

Safri-quin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 10:07
Guys,

club stole a lead on this. I am just trying to find out the number of places the club can offer, as wellas awaiting quotes from coach companies to come up with pricing.
This will see if it is worth duplicating the effort between Quinssa & Club

Sorry about this - WATCH THIS SPACE

Warren

BatQuin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 10:18
That's pretty daft of the Club to put out that announcement without letting Quinssa know what they were intending to do! It's not as if Quinssa weren't in discussions with them about transport to Cardiff. Numpties!

Angostura (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 10:20
Warren,
Thanks for your update and congrats on not blowing your lid. Very good of the club to put on the coaches and subsidise them but slightly poor form not to liaise with QUINSSA. The two should be pulling on the same rope given their shared aims.

RESPECT THE REF - NO REF, NO GAME!

JTD (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 11:24
Yes, it does seem a bit daft, the club really stealing Quinssa's thunder but at £10 return it's difficult to argue. I know Warren has worked tirelessly organising coaches to away matches and I agree, it is poor form for the club to pull the rug from under his feet so to speak. Speed was the essence on this occasion I feel. As we were still waiting, I got my tickets and coach travel this morning from the club. All the £45 tickets have gone. There are £36 and £20 ones left.

Quin or lose (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 12:30
(Sm152)

I think it is excellent that the Club are offering such a good deal on coach travel and cannot see why some posters are moaning about timings. I had planned to drive and had free accommodation in Cardiff but this offer is too good to pass up. We shall also be offered parking at the Stoop so I shall be home in half an hour after we arrive back. Can offer 2 people a lift back to the Uxbridge area.

claire_m (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 12:45
I think it's commendable that the club have organised cheap coaches for the final. However, I do think it's poor form not to have done this in conjunction with quinssa and then to undercut them as well, I think is wrong.

I would therefore like to thank the club for the coaches, but they should have co-ordinated with quinssa first. It's not as if they wouldn't have known that quinssa were running coaches, or would be trying to do so. Whilst I'd like to be glad that the club are doing this, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

True, I don't know the whole story, but it looks bad from here.

Finally, a huge thank you to Andrew and Warren for their hard work this year with organising the coaches.

Safri-quin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 12:48
Folks,

We are going to let the Club "take the strain" as it were...

Quinssa aren't going to be running any coaches to Cardiff, so please can you book direct with Club.

Details at the top of this thread.

Re: Information on Coaches to the Amlin Cup Final
jonf (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 12:58
thansk for the update re the coaches.

Quins are apparently running up to 10 coaches.

Harlequins - the home of great rugby

claire_m (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 13:29
I've now booked my coach pass. They will be sent out this week, with tickets hopefully sent out next week.

The nice lady I spoke to said that the club would be sending out an email about where to park and leave cars too.

It was, in the end, quite painless.

I probably sounded grumpy earlier, but I am grateful to the club for putting the coaches on and it's a great deal. I'm just a bit disappointed that this wasn't conveyed to quinssa earlier, as they no doubt put a lot of time into this.

Anyway, it's all done now, so thank you Quins and roll on 20th June (Sm13)

The Prof (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 13:39
Quote:
claire_m
Anyway, it's all done now, so thank you Quins and roll on 20th June (Sm13)

You might be a bit late for kick off!

akb1 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 13:40
Considered the coach, but didn't want to hang around until 11.30 before heading back so 4 or 5 of us going by car.
just a thought, but maybe the club could arrange it so that the coaches will leave as the fill up, if lots of people head for the coaches staraight after the game, get on the first available coach and when it is full it leaves.
Just a thought.

and clare please head to the Stoop on 20th May, would hate you to miss the coach by a month. :-)

The Prof (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 13:43
akb1 - it's tricky to make sure everybody is accounted for if you do it that way

Arlecchina (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 13:49
I would also like to add my thanks to Warren and the Quinssa team for all the effort they go to regarding the coaches. Always a very enjoyable trip.

akb1 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 13:50
tricky, not impossible! issue tickets, you know how many you took to Cardiff, count them back on the coaches for the return.

As I said, just a thought.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2011 13:53 by akb1.

Quinn-nine (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 14:28
Quote:
akb1
tricky, not impossible! issue tickets, you know how many you took to Cardiff, count them back on the coaches for the return.
As I said, just a thought.

It worked for Brian Hanrahan !

Pantalone (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 15:13
This is all assuming you can actually book tickets for the coaches. This can only be done over the telephone - I have just wasted over an hour trying - having got cut off from the system a total of 5 times - on one occasion actually having got to first in an apparent queue after 25 minutes. Very frustrating!

claire_m (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 15:27
Pantalone, try dropping Jon Salinger an email jons@quins.co.uk whilst on the phone.

Good luck.

Quinn-nine (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 15:32
I believe during the mad rush for Leinster semi-final tickets that someone once rang the Harlequins switchboard and asked to be connected to the ticket office.

I've also been on the telephone to order my coach ticket.

Quin Kong (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 15:47
Tickets and coach tickets have been booked by Pippi, you have been warned!

QUIN KONG

Pantalone (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 16:28
Thank you, claire_m - I can't be sure whether it was the email that did it but within 30 seconds of sending it to Jon I was answered! (not by him it must be said)

Crawleyquins (IP Logged)
04 May, 2011 23:22
Well done to the club for organising and subsidising coaches for all who wish to take up the offer. Eventually managed to book my 6 tickets online today will phone the club in the morning and book coach tickets. To coin a phrase 'SIMPLES'

Drama Quin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2011 14:30
Went to the Stoop at lunchtime and got my coach tickets pretty easily.

Arlecchino (IP Logged)
05 May, 2011 14:50
I bought my match tickets off an LI supporter who posted on CAW, he had a pair he bought on the cheap deal with HEC tickets - in the post to me to arrive tomorrow recorded delivery. £25 the pair.

Phoned the club at 8.59 this morning, got through quickly and usual friendly and efficent service, coach tickets are also coming in tomorrow's post.

Post lady will possibly get a hug tomorrow when she rings the door bell!

Nunquam Dormio

Northolt Quin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2011 17:04
quin or lose

are the two seats back to uxbridge still spare?
I am by polish memorial

Samquin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2011 22:11
4 coach tickets received in the post today. Only ordered yesterday afternoon. Excellent service Quins. Thanks

poorfour (IP Logged)
09 May, 2011 21:52
Got the coach tickets. Anyone know when match tickets will be issued?

claire_m (IP Logged)
09 May, 2011 22:55
When I booked the coach pass last week I was told that the coach tickets would be sent out that day (which they were) but that the match tickets would be sent out as soon as they had arrived at the club and allocated and they hoped that would be this week.

TimC_70 (IP Logged)
10 May, 2011 06:37
Quin or Lose

Do you still have a space for one back to Uxbridge?

claire_m (IP Logged)
12 May, 2011 12:26
This is the mailer from the club today. Note that carparking at Cardiff is £10 and not £5. Also, there will be no additional trains back to London after the game - the request needs to be made 2 years in advance!

Ticketing Update

If you have purchased tickets for the Final Ė whether they are match tickets, tickets for the coaches or tickets for the Free Screening - these have now all been sent out so you should have receive them over the next few days.

Due to the match being next Friday, we will be stopping selling at the close of business on Monday. Tickets will still be available via Ticketmaster if youíre still to decide whether to attend or not.

Just a reminder that tickets cost £36 along the sides or £20 behind the posts. Please be aware that we now have very limited number of £36 tickets available through us in the Office. If you want to purchase additional tickets to ones that youíve already purchased please be aware that these may not be near the tickets already allocated. Tickets can purchased either over the telephone on 0871 527 1315, in Person at the Stoop or online

Travel Update

Coaches - If you have purchased a ticket to travel on the coaches, I will be writing to you on Monday with definitive details on where you can leave your car, where you have to get the coaches from and other arrangements for the day. We will also be stopping selling spaces on the coaches at the close of business on Monday as we have to confirm numbers with the Coach Operator.

Car - If you are planning on travelling down to the Stadium by car, please note that Car Parking unfortunately cannot be purchased in advance and will be payable on the day only. The cost of parking is £10 (not £5 as per my previous e-mail, my error) and there will be plenty of parking at the Stadium.

Train Ė ERC had a meeting with Southwest trains yesterday to try and put on additional trains. Unfortunately they were not successful and were not able to facilitate a later train back to London from Cardiff. We did try but apparently you need to give 2 years notice to get additional trains laid on!!

akb1 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2011 15:45
Interesting that 2 years notice needed for additional trains, so as extra trains put on for the Army v Navy game last weekend, they knew this would be going ahead 2 years ago! So why did the Premier Rugby schedule us to play at home on the same day, didnít they speak to the RFU to check there wasnít anything major going on in Twickers.

DOK (IP Logged)
12 May, 2011 15:50
Maybe 2 years isn't the same figure all over the country. Won't it be a different rail company in Cardiff to South West Trains?

akb1 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2011 15:59
yeah probably just going on what the mail says.

Quin or lose (IP Logged)
12 May, 2011 20:40
Hi TimC_70. I have sent you a PM.

Samquin (IP Logged)
12 May, 2011 22:14
I wonder how many coach spaces have been sold sofar

The Prof (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 12:07
This time last week 500 coach places had been sold, I don't know what the figure is now

Angostura (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 13:43
Can someone please remind me what time the coaches are leaving the Stoop?

quoin (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 14:08
I'm assured coaches are leaving the Stoop at 1.30 pm. I must say that if at all possible, I would rather not wait until 11.30 before setting out on the return whatever the result.

DOK (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 14:11
In one of the emails they said coaches would leave earlier if they could be filled.

The Prof (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 14:41
Please note all places for the coach must be booked by close of play today (16th May).

DazzaS (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 14:49
1 big improtant question!
I have never been on coaches laid on by the club before so will consumption of food and beverages (both alcoholic and non alcoholic) be permitted on the coaches.

Crawleyquins (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 16:45
DPS were only going to Cardiff, why do you need food and beverage on the coach?

DazzaS (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 17:29
I might get hungry

Essex Quins (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 17:31
Quote:
DPsychoS
1 big improtant question!
I have never been on coaches laid on by the club before so will consumption of food and beverages (both alcoholic and non alcoholic) be permitted on the coaches.

Good man DPS I was just about to ask the same thing?

It being a Friday, and whatsmore a Cup Final Friday, can we bring a few bevvies on board?

Steve_W (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 17:31
I managed to reorganise my life at the last moment to get to Cardiff on the coaches.
There were 700 Quins going as of this afternoon according to the ticket office. Now 702!

Steve_W (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 17:39
Just saw the post from jonf on the other thread. He says 9 coaches, so I hope that 702 was wrong! 78 per coach would be a bit crowded for comfort.

Angostura (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 18:20
Steve, could be right. Not everyone with a ticket will be going on a coach.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 19:11
The lady of the phone said they have sold 3,000 tickets for the final so far. They are the season ticket holders who are buying for themselves and friends/family so be interesting how many Quins fans who are not season ticket holders have booked by Ticketmaster or bought privately off Munster fans

Arlecchino (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 19:34
I am a STH, and bought my 2 privately

Nunquam Dormio

DazzaS (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 19:49
Or how how many season ticket holders bought via ticket master or privately! Sorry to exclude your category Arlecchino! I'm looking forward to this. The atmosphere should be great. I wonder how many Stade Francais fans will be there. They were great at the Stade De France and The Stoop a couple of years ago!

What are the betting odds anyway?

DOK (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 21:20
The distance means unlike us on the coach the French cannot really make it there and back in a day. The Heineken Cup means booking accommodation will be difficult. I think there will be a very small but vocal band of French support.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
16 May, 2011 22:18
I hope to be able to share a pint or two with some of them! I guess the distance and location and date has not helped

JTD (IP Logged)
17 May, 2011 10:58
Coaches are NOT leaving from the Stoop!

They are leaving from the north car park at Twickenham stadium. Also car parking is there too.

Please don't turn up at the stoop expecting to get on a coach!!!!

Please don't turn up at 1.30 either! They want to have all left (on a rolling departure) by then. Best get to the north car park by 1:15. All this information is from Jon Salinger's email.

Essex Quins (IP Logged)
17 May, 2011 12:22
Quote:
JTD
All this information is from Jon Salinger's email.

What email is this JTD? I've not received one....

Samquin (IP Logged)
17 May, 2011 12:30
I got my email from JS last night.

akb1 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2011 12:32
Amlin Challenge Cup Final Ė Coach Travel Information

Thank you very much for booking your coach travel with us for the Final on Friday. Below is the important information for travelling to Cardiff City Stadium on the Supporters Coaches.

This e-mail takes the form of FAQís

Where do I park my car on Friday?
All persons who are travelling to the Final on the coach are required to park their cars in the North Car Park at Twickenham Stadium, purely due to the numbers of people that are travelling on the coaches.

If you think that you might not collect your car after the match, due to drinking, then please do not park at Twickenham Stadium as the London 7s is the following day and they may tow your car from the car park!!

Why can I not park at the Stoop?
We have over 500 people coming to the FREE screening at the Stoop and require the parking for these people

Where do the coaches leave from?
All of the coaches will be leaving and returning to the North Car Park at Twickenham Stadium

What time will the coaches be leaving Twickenham Stadium?
We are intending the coaches leaving by 1.30pm so please can we ask that you get to Twickenham Stadium no later than 1.15pm. We are intending to implement a rolling leave, i.e. once a coach is full it will go.

Can tickets be purchased on the day?
No, we are not selling any coach tickets on Friday

Will I be able to leave any items on the coach?
The simple answer is No. There is no guarantee that youíll be coming back on the same coach that you travel on, so please do not leave any items on the coaches.

What time will the coaches be leaving Cardiff City Stadium?
This is really dependent on the outcome of the match. We will be implementing a rolling leave, so once a coach if full it will head back to Twickenham. The last coach will leave at 11.30pm

Other information: -

You will be required to show your coach ticket, which has been sent to you, to access the coaches. Without this it will be deemed that you havenít paid and will not be allowed on the coach. This will be the same for the return journey.

Thatís all for now. Hope you enjoy the day and we get the right result

Yours sincerely

Jon Salinger
Ticketing Manager

Essex Quins (IP Logged)
17 May, 2011 12:55
Thanks akb1, much appreciated

DOK (IP Logged)
17 May, 2011 14:24
I never got that email and I've had a lot of Jon Salinger's other ones.

JonSalinger (IP Logged)
17 May, 2011 14:36
Guys

All of the e-mails were sent out last night and I have not had any rejected

Just to confirm that all of the coaches will be leaving from the North Car Park at Twickenham Stadium

Jon

Drama Quin (IP Logged)
18 May, 2011 17:31
So are we allowed booze on the coach?

Essex Quins (IP Logged)
18 May, 2011 17:40
That is a crucial question DQ, and I want to find out the answer as well!

And are there toilet facilities on-board? (albeit I understand will need flippers / waders to get to them)

poorfour (IP Logged)
18 May, 2011 18:24
The club confirmed that there will be no stops en route but there will be a toilet on board.

I presume no stops means food and soft drinks will be allowed, but not sure about booze. I'm planning to call Cardiff City tomorrow to check the ground rules for the stadium as they look quite draconian (no cameras, drinks, poles [which presumably includes flags])...

Samquin (IP Logged)
18 May, 2011 22:06
No flags I can understand for football but surely will be OK for rugby final.

SilverstoneQuin (IP Logged)
18 May, 2011 23:47
On one of the other posts Bill Ford-Smith said they plan to give a flag to every person travelling on the coaches (that's going to be a lot of flags).

Would be a shame if we all get down there and then have them confiscated!

Chiswick Quin (IP Logged)
19 May, 2011 10:38
i emailed the ground and they said fine to take drinks in to the seated area

QuintusEnnius (IP Logged)
19 May, 2011 12:36
Which email address did you use? [paralysed by indecision over "Cardiff City FC" vs. "Cardiff Blues" vs. "stadium website" contact options]

Chiswick Quin (IP Logged)
19 May, 2011 12:39
enquiries@cardiffcityevents.com, got passed around a bit

Samquin (IP Logged)
19 May, 2011 19:37
According to the offy there will be 5000 flags available.

What a great sight that will be.

Drama Quin (IP Logged)
19 May, 2011 22:50
So is booze allowed on the coaches then? F*ck it'll take some on board anyway! grinning smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net