Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Brooker called up to EPS
T-Bone (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 13:10
as injury cover for mears.

congratulations to him. his form this season has been much improved but the there have been a few dodgy lineouts during the last 2 games (might not be his fault)

can't help but wonder how gray has been overlooked again - if it's just because of his hamstring then fair enough, but if he's seen as being behind brooker in the pecking order then that's odd. Imagine it's the hamstring though

Re: Brooker called up to EPS
20 February, 2012 13:24
Ooops! sorry....[:wor kid:]

Adventure before Dementia!

T-Bone (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 13:27
I actually think that the wuss hooker should be congratulated on the best throw in I've ever seen on saturday, where the ball went about half a metre. I'm not sure what happened, I assume he thought the ref had blown up, but he basically just dropped the ball and one of our guys picked it up while the wuss lineout just stood around and watched

mid_gen (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 13:29
Ha, saw that on TV...he started the throw and then tried to stop before he released the ball, and ended up falling somewhere in between smiling smiley

Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 13:29
I assume that Gray is discounted due to his injury. It's a shame for him, but i firmly believe his time will come. Great for Brooker though, top top lad and excellent in the loose!

TurndownthePA (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 13:31
He was complaining all afternoon about clean towels and dirt in his eye so maybe thats the reason...... slippery grip leads to squint throws

Brooker called up
20 February, 2012 13:23
[www.rugbyweek.com]

Adventure before Dementia!

T-Bone (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 13:55
On the subject of mears, his kick through for biggs' try was incredible for a 2. sharples was also completely outpaced, though he did have to turn on a heavy pitch. If biggs hadn't scored it should have been penalty try and yellow for sharples for trying to tackle biggs off the ball

Stooperman (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:00
Quote:
T-Bone
I actually think that the wuss hooker should be congratulated on the best throw in I've ever seen on saturday, where the ball went about half a metre. I'm not sure what happened, I assume he thought the ref had blown up, but he basically just dropped the ball and one of our guys picked it up while the wuss lineout just stood around and watched

Thank you for the reminder of that comedy gold, I had almost forgotten that! It happened near us in fromt of the East stand, it was hilarious - he threw the ball 6ft downwards and 2 feet forwards - I've never seen anything like it.

southquin (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 14:34
Only time I have seen something like that was my son's first game at secondary school where the hooker hit his foot with his first line out throw. It was also his last line out throw.

Rich W (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 15:07
I once threw the ball backwards!

I had it resting, briefly, on the top of my head and when I shaped to take it back to throw it it squirted out behind me. I might have got a bit of stick about that! I hated throwing in. Arms tired from the scrummage and throwing into a (pre-lifting) lineout/melee. It almost never went right!

To begin at the beginning:

It is spring, moonless night in the small town, starless
and bible-black, the cobblestreets silent and the hunched,
courters'-and-rabbits' wood limping invisible down to the
sloeblack, slow, black, crowblack, fishingboatbobbing sea.

Nicksb (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 15:16
I remember trying to kick the ball and missing - I ended up on my backside. I was a prop at the time!!

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 15:16
I'd forgotten that throw-in! I'll have to watch it again tonight, as I recorded it on the BT Box but not got around to watching it yet. From where I was sat in AD, it was great!(Sm1)

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 15:24
Mate of mine once threw in and the fly half caught it.

(To be fair to him, the wind may have caught it a bit, but it was never going to be straight)

LUMP 03 (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 15:40
HQ - Yep but they are lighter an easier to lift(Sm128)

Samquin (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 20:19
Hopefully Joe Gray will be OK for Saturday as we will need a good front 3 for Glaws game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net