Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from GoogleQuins Official SiteDiamond Geezers Website

Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Warriors game on saturday better on TV
TurndownthePA (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 13:43
I just couldn't concentrate on Saturday as the game was a pretty forward orientated struggle....but it looked much better when I watched the TV recording back on sunday.

Anyone else feel the same?.....the forwards were all heroes and tried to play some rugby in very poor conditions plus you could see in greater detail why there were so many handling errors that just seemed from the stands like poor control.

Will Skinner, Luke, Minty plus all the other forwards were really putting in a heavy shift and all stayed on for the full 80+ minutes....brilliant

Re: Warriors game on saturday better on TV
Arlecchino (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 13:53
I was at my in laws watching online. I felt I was watching a better match than those commenting online.

Nunquam Dormio

FinchamQuin (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 15:05
Fully agree. We intended to skip through the recording yesterday to see a few things like Mike Brown's "try" and George's tackle on Benjamin but ended up watching the whole game again and thinking how much better it was than what we "saw" on Saturday. I think the commentary helped as they were positive throughout.

It turned out to be an afternoon of rugby again, as we watched the Saracens game afterwards and ended up feeling even better about our 4 points on Saturday.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 15:33
Agreed! Wasn't going to mention it seemed strange, but the game was cr@p at the ground! Seemed decent on Telly.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 17:30
I have spoken to 2 people who watched the game on TV and they both said how much they enjoyed the match - certainly not how I saw things at The Stoop, left the ground feeling very disappointed, almost wished that I had stayed at home.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 18:54
I'll buck the trend - as frustrating as it was to watch at the ground I was still happy with the win and very much appreciated the huge effort from the pack against a very committed opposition.

DOK (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 19:12
Yes, the pack was one of the positives to come out of that game. The rolling maul was a sight to behold. I think David Rose has picked on JJ's technique before.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
20 February, 2012 19:56
Funny how we see it this way when we are top of the league is'nt it! Worcester would bite our hands off to be in this position! Right now for the Sky+ & watch the replay! I'm sure that rolling maul will never be as good on TV!

DazzaS (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 12:54
I watched it after recording as well and thought the game was much more exciting and showed Quins mental and physical strength more than it did being at the Stoop. Joe Marler put in a great poerformance (which probably explains why he was man of the match). I feel much more positive about the game after seeing it all the way through again

HarTley Quin (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 13:05
Can anyone who has seen it on TV explain the penalty that wasn't? Fairly late in the second half would have put us 19-14 up kicked from near the left (East stand) touchline. From where we were sitting in the East Stand above the halfway line everyone thought it had gone through the posts and above the bar but Rose seemed to rule it out. Any insight as to what happened (e.g was it short) would be greatly appreciated.

blakedownquin (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 13:21
hello Hartley Quin , we were in the south stand and it definitely missed .

The Prof (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 15:37
I thought the same HarTley - did it go under the posts or to the side?

Pantalone (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 16:07
We were directly behind the kick in the Etihad and thought the same - it must have gone under

HarTley Quin (IP Logged)
21 February, 2012 19:11
Quote:
blakedownquin
hello Hartley Quin , we were in the south stand and it definitely missed .

Thanks blakedowm - was it wide because it looked really good to those of us sat behind the kicker?

Pantalone (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 13:28
I watched the recording and it hooked left just before the posts - may even have grazed the left post - it was easily high enough

HarTley Quin (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 16:11
Quote:
Pantalone
I watched the recording and it hooked left just before the posts - may even have grazed the left post - it was easily high enough

Thanks Pantalone - that explains it!

HarTley Quin (IP Logged)
22 February, 2012 16:36
Quote:
Pantalone

Thanks Pantalone - that explains it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net