Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

It never rains but it pours for Wasps
DOK (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 21:08

Re: It never rains but it pours for Wasps
Samquin (IP Logged)
27 February, 2012 22:35
Sad to see another club impload.

You wonder how the proposed investors will react.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 10:21
At least they are playing Irish this week, and lets face it, Irish's recent form is not a lot better than Wasps. I fancy them to get at least an LBP and possibly sneak a win.

ChiddQuin (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 10:26
"Aviva Premiership strugglers Wasps have suffered a major double injury blow.

England centre Riki Flutey is out for the rest of this season due to an ankle problem, while lock Marco Wentzel will undergo surgery this week on a dislocated shoulder, the club announced on their official website.

Wentzel was hurt during Wasps' defeat against Sale Sharks last Friday night and he is also set to miss the remainder of the campaign.

Wasps, European champions in 2004 and 2007, are currently just six points above bottom club Newcastle with six rounds of regular season Premiership action remaining.

The club are hopeful of backs Elliot Daly and Richard Haughton being available for selection to face London Irish at Adams Park next Saturday, while lock Richard Birkett is also expected to resume training this week."

T-Bone (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 13:42
They've had terrible luck with injury this season. I guess maybe the older players are more injury prone or will take longer to come back but their injury list would see most clubs seriously struggle.

If they can stay up they look like they could have a decent squad next season if they promote their younger players and don't bring in more people seeing out their careers (even though in the past they've done very well at extending seemingly finished careers, eg. ibanez)

Personally I hope they'll stay up and find somewhere decent to play. aren't qpr building a new ground? could they go back to loftus road if qpr move out?

Broonie (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 15:58
saints committed a big budget to a new performance department when Nick johnson joined as performance director when they were promoted.

this included (within a single department) medical, physio, conditioning, physical analysis on all signings and thereafter on a daily/weekly/monthly basis (including pre- and anti-injury analysis e.g. strength tests om each leg, each arm and any other possible misalignments and imbalances which might give rise to future injuries) , nutrition , the whole ball of wax.

their experience on fitness , availability , injury and injury duration has been the polar opposite of wasps', and indeedthat of most of those clubs who either struggle financially or spend every available bean on big name players.

it's a bit like Gary Player and bunker shots. luck may still be a factor, but less so if you're treating injuries while they're potential not actual, and if medical and physio have input in the training exercises

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/02/2012 16:04 by Broonie.

The Kid (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 17:19
Them this year reminds me of us in our relegation year. Only with added financial worries. Not good.

Big Bazza (IP Logged)
28 February, 2012 21:41
As a Wasps supporter I want you to know I'll be cheering for you guys to beat Newcastle on Friday... It's tough going up there on a Friday, but what do you think the odds are for this one ending well for Quins?

[baz1968.blogspot.co.uk]

http://www.picgifs.com/graphics/r/rugby/graphics-rugby-237374.gif

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 07:01
I think the odds are good, but I would imagine Newcastle will get something from the game.

(Do you feel dirty?)

Angostura (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 09:43
Quins have never had so much Waspy love!!

Really hope we do beat Newcastle. Not for Wasps but because I don't think we can afford to give Sarries an inch.

RESPECT THE REF - NO REF, NO GAME!

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 10:55
Quote:
Not for Wasps but because I don't think we can afford to give Sarries an inch.

It's not Sarries we need to worry about.

BB

The Kid (IP Logged)
29 February, 2012 10:55
We've not been on song really since Toulouse away and we haven't won up there in time. Not expecting much from a close one!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net