Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Re: Danny Care - again!
arquero (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 20:10
Grandad,

I hadn't realised it took place on somebody's steps. Do you know that it did?

If so, you answer me something: Do you believe everything you read in the papesr, or do you accept that they sometimes elaborate stories to give them a little extra edge?

I'm struggling to see how this minor incident has even made the press, never mind the calls for his head that are going on from some quarters, no matter what he has done recently. Do people honestly believe that the issues he has acknowledged and publicly adnitted that he is dealing with, would be resolved just like that? I say well done to Quins management for giving him the support he seems to need at this time.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 20:13
Quote:
1988JPCF
Conor OS doesn't seem to think so and he is a good enough judge for me .....

Doesn't seem to think what? That Danny has a problem?

Quote:
Conor O'Shea
The situation Danny finds himself in is unfortunate and is one that could and should have been avoided. We have no intention of doing anything other than supporting Danny and continuing to work with him so he understands his position and the decisions he makes.

If Conor thinks Danny hasn't got a problem why does he think he needs support and help in understanding his position and the decisions he makes?

BB

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 20:19
Quote:
I'm struggling to see how this minor incident has even made the press, never mind the calls for his head that are going on from some quarters, no matter what he has done recently.

I'm certainly not calling for his head but "England rugby player urinates on hotel steps". Seriously, you can't understand why the press have reported it? They'd have reported it if it was his first offence.

BB

Grandad (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 20:28
arg.. read the article kind sir. he had a slash on the side hotel stairs .fact

arquero (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 20:47
Brown Bottle/Grandad,

I've read the article yet again, and can find no reference therein to him having "had a slash on the side hotel stairs".

The article says "Care was urinating outside the building".

The man himself said: "After an evening out with friends in the centre of Leeds, after a long time queuing, I was in a taxi home when I got caught short and asked the taxi driver to pull over so I could relieve myself behind a nearby building".

I might well be missing something but I honestly can't find where it implies that this happened on the stairs of an hotel! On the contrary, DC himself seems to be saying it was behind the building, ergo not near the entrance to it! Grandad, what passes for fact these days?

Grandad (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 20:59
arq.. sir ..

"England rugby player Danny Care has been arrested and cautioned after urinating on the steps of a Leeds hotel"

[www.bbc.co.uk]

arquero (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 21:15
Thanks for posting that. I hadn't seen it, only the Daily Mail report on this thread, and a similar article from the Telegraph posted on the Wasps site.

Grandad (IP Logged)
05 March, 2012 21:24
no problem sir. i love my club and country and dismayed at the lack of disapline in 2012. o's sort it please now

Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 00:06
Bit naive 1988JPCF.

What COS says in public and what he says directly to DC are likely to be poles apart.

What does he say to the rest of the squad - we have to be fair to all Quins players so it is now club policy that you can all go out and get arrested 3 times for being D&D before the club bothers to get seriously heavy.

I don't know the answer but Quins management have a major responsibility for the reputation of the club and the conduct of its players/staff post-Bloodgate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2012 00:12 by Quaking Quin.

PickledPelican (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 00:24
It's likely to be in The Sun on Tuesday morning!!

Arlecchino (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 01:34
I wonder how many rugby players got nicked on a weekend night out for over a century for doing the same thing before trial by internet and nobody noticed or gave a damn?

Nunquam Dormio

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 09:05
Quote:
Arlecchino
I wonder how many rugby players got nicked on a weekend night out for over a century for doing the same thing before trial by internet and nobody noticed or gave a damn?

The internet's got nothing to do with it. Top sportsmen being arrested is news and always has been. It will get reported and people will discuss it.

BB

Boonie (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 09:35
I'm pretty sure that if it had been me peeing in an alley, I'd have been cautioned and sent on my way, rather than causing the police to deal with all the paperwork. But then, I'm not a high profile sportsman, so there would not be the opportunity to make column inches out of it.

Cynical? Moi?

If this signifies a drink problem, then a significant proportion of the population have a drink problem.

===================================================
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

DOK (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 10:21
I think it signifies a "lack of somewhere to pee at 3 am" problem!

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 10:31
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that if it had been me peeing in an alley, I'd have been cautioned and sent on my way, rather than causing the police to deal with all the paperwork.

I agree - but you don't know exactly what happened. He has a history, I believe, of being a bit mouthy. smiling smiley

Quote:
If this signifies a drink problem, then a significant proportion of the population have a drink problem.

Quote:
I think it signifies a "lack of somewhere to pee at 3 am" problem!

On it's own, yes. 3rd time in 3 months? Consider Conor's statement, and bear in mind that was for public consumption.

BB

Boonie (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 10:53
BB - fair point - it's not always easy to hold your tongue when you've had a drink, and what seems to be a jest can be taken in very different ways.

I also agree that if you don't want to read about yourself in the gutter press, then you need to work out a way to avoid finding yourself in a place where the gutter press can target you.

Silly? Absolutely. Sacking offence? Nope. Role Model? Maybe. Angel? Nope - are any of them?

Albert Einstein

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 11:01
As has been said above, I know of people who have been, shall we say, interrupted by the the police. But it always ended with a metaphorical clip round the ear and a caution.

So has Danny said something to wind the police up, or is this Plod realising who he's got and the fact that he can pocket some cash for tipping off the press?

ChiddQuin (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 11:05
But all DC got was a caution.

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 11:07
and a trip to the police station.....

Mr_B (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 11:18
I really think Conor should be doing something here.

I hope that in future when he brings in new player he makes sure he only gets ones with large bladders.

galliano2001 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 11:31
Outside perspective, I note some people are using the term 'drink problem' which other Quins fans are rubbishing as nonsense. It would seem some people view a drink problem as meaning they are an alcoholic, or at least have some form of alcohol dependency. I don't think that is what people meant, people are saying that being arrested for three alcohol related incidents (2 x D&D and 1 x DUI) in a three month period means DC is having problems whilst drinking, which he is.

Urinating on a hotel be it the side steps, the back steps or the yard where the empties are stored is deeply offensive to the local residents are the people who have to work and clean those areas, to say otherwise is disingenuous.

DC is a great rugby player, i hope he sorts himself out and gets talked about for his rugby again, because right now he has a problem.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 11:31
Quote:
I hope that in future when he brings in new player he makes sure he only gets ones with large bladders.

...and small mouths. smiling smiley

BB

raedarius (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 11:38
Quote:
Boonie
I'm pretty sure that if it had been me peeing in an alley, I'd have been cautioned and sent on my way, rather than causing the police to deal with all the paperwork. But then, I'm not a high profile sportsman, so there would not be the opportunity to make column inches out of it.
Cynical? Moi?

I'm guessing you mean told off rather than cautioned, in the legal sense. A police caution is an outcome after arrest where guilt is acknowledged by the arrested person.

Grandad (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 11:46
being arrested and cautionied he will now be on the PNC police national computer and will need to apply for a visa to visit the USA and disclosed when applying for jobs .

Rocker (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 11:51
From the telegraph comments:
(not by me I)

"you can take the boy out of the North, but you can't take the North out of the boy"

jonf (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 13:15
If Danny played for soemone else or - lets say - was called Cipriani then would this thread be different? - i.e. have comments like what is expected, an idiot, should never play for england again....

3 drinking offences is either an issue or really stupid. When Care was dropped by England I said he'd not play for them again until at least next autumn. I now expect that to be even longer.

Harlequins - the home of great rugby

gregory p (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 13:32
A police caution is not a telling off in the old fasioned Dixon of Dock Green sense. As grandad points out it's an arrest, conviction and punishment all in one.

The police love them as they can persuade people who committed serious crimes to take a caution (relatively speaking a slap on the wrist) but treat it as a lesser but solved crime without the bother of solving the bigger crime or going to court. So, they get biggish crimes off the books quite easily.

They can also be dished out like confetti to minor offenders - lads on a night out getting a bit sweary and lairy. It becomes a crime and conviction all in one and makes the overall clean up percentage look better.

A cynic might say that many lads are persuaded to accept them when they are still maybe a bit drunk, do not have the benefit of advice and while the tape recorder is not going but without realising that they are getting themselves a criminal record.

I suspect Danny was probably put on the spot and persuaded that he was much better off taking the caution when he may not even have committed an offence, and without the benefit of legal advice. Lawyers are a bit thin on the ground at 3am in most city centres.

There is no one statutory offence of urinating in public. There may be local by-laws but it's usually hidden under that all purpose charge of drunk and disorderly, which is broadly anything that gets up a policeman's nose at the time. Danny may have been neither drunk nor disorderly - but he was seen doing something that a policeman did not like and was not doubt told that he'd committed an offence. Pi$$ing in public is not an offence in itself.

I think Connor O'Shea's reaction is spot on. Still, it's nice to know that when Paul Dacre retires there is no shortage of candidates for his job.

Blank436 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 14:05
I wonder how thick the brown envelope someone at the local nick got was...

...which isn't to say DC hasnt been daft & doesn't need a JK (a bit heavier than COS) boot to the posterior. Nonetheless, 25 year old wealthy man on a week off watering some steps is a world of difference from DUI.

Fatbstard (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 14:33
Quote:
Brown Bottle
I can't believe people still think Danny hasn't got a problem after his 3rd drinking related arrest in 3 months.
Individually his offences may seem trivial but the frequency is a concern.

I don't know if any of those dismissing this have kids but out of interest, if you do, how would you feel if it was your 25 yr old son? Concerned a little?

BB, if this was my son (who is 18, so close-ish), I would certainly be having a pretty strong word. But the discussion would be about having respect for other people's property (whilst feeling pretty hypocritical) and mostly about not being so bl**dy stupid as to put himself in this position again and again.

I would not, however, be concerned that he had a drinking problem, or even a behavioural problem whilst drinking. If I was his boss, I certainly wouldn't be considering sacking/suspending him.

My point, and I am not alone on this thread, is that there is a typically middle Englander overeaction to a frankly minor incident. Your own posts are measured as usual but many others on here border on the hysterical and/or prurient (hence my previous comment about Daily Mail readership).

Grandad (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 14:54
its not a "minor incident" hes a high profile premiership and england rugby player that was caught three times drunk and caught taking a jimmy riddle on hotel steps. well ill tell you lad my lads felt slipper and it worked, never did ought wrong again

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 15:02
Fatbstrd, I appreciate your point of view but to clarify I was referring to the accumulation of all 3 incidents within 3 months rather than specifically this one, which is in itself pretty trivial, I think.

BB

Grandad (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 15:05
would you find it trivial if you came home from night out with lass to find stranger slashing on your side door steps. think on lad

Getitright (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 15:55
At least he got through Friday night in Newcastle without getting nicked. Spotted on the 'toon' till the wee small hours!

Must have been taking a slow saunter back south via Leeds on Saturday when his bladder failed!

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 16:17
This is completely outrageous and clearly the guilt goes much wider than Care, guilty though he clearly is.

Nick Evans, as a senior colleague, should have ensured that Care wasn't out on the razzle, and is every bit as guilty and deserving of a ban. That goes double for Nick Easter, because there's more of him. Mike Brown ("What you guilty of, Mike?" "What you got?") is guilty of everything, as is Joe Marler. And Monye and that Chisholm fella are too quick to be anything other than guilty.

All of them should be banned along with Care. Not a long ban, though. A ban which starts on the 20th of April and ends on the 22nd should suffice to show them the error of their ways. (Sm100)

gregory p (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 17:36
Mind you, if Danny and OLH keep this up, Feltham Young Offenders Institute could be a surprise entry at this year's Middlesex Sevens. Now then, is Ricky Nebbett keeping in shape as well?

The arrows on the shirts would at least improve Ricky's sense of direction but a ball and chain for OLH may take the edge off his straight line speed.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 18:35
Quote:
Grandad
being arrested and cautionied he will now be on the PNC police national computer and will need to apply for a visa to visit the USA and disclosed when applying for jobs .

I think he would have been on the PNC after the earlier offences.

As for the requirement for a visa to visit the USA, he would have needed to do that anyway. But let's just hope for the club's sake that we don't draw Las Vegas away in the play-offs... eye rolling smiley

Still watching (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 19:02
Quote:
1988JPCF

Oh god get a life FCS.... Where you there? He has let no one down at all it's a complete non event it was round the back of an alley at 3am and the BTP caught him.
There are no games for 2 weeks and he is a 25 year old (?!) bloke on a night out - YES THIS HAPPENS

"FCS?", "Where you there?" - what are you talking about?

"it was round the back of an alley" - what a strange place to build the steps of the hotel.

"He has let no one down at all" - other than all his team mates who signed up to the club's much publicised disciplinary policy of course. The ones that make the effort not to get arrested every month.

Rather sounds like your post was composed by Drunk Care after a night out.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 19:05
Quote:
As for the requirement for a visa to visit the USA, he would have needed to do that anyway.

Only because of the previous DUI, I think, or is that what you meant?

BB

kevin (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 19:12
Add to all this 'debate' the huge cost in terms of time and money to clean up the stinking mess left behind by people using private and public property as toilets. Would anyone on here care to clean it up? Thought not.

Some on here seem to think it the norm to urinate in a public place because it has happened numerous times in the past. Others seem to forgive Care's actions because they themselves have done it and are loathe to find fault with their own behaviour. Oh! Sorry! Forgot. It's rugby and by definition just silly high jinks.

1988JPCF (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 22:22
Quote:
Still watching
Quote:
1988JPCF

Oh god get a life FCS.... Where you there? He has let no one down at all it's a complete non event it was round the back of an alley at 3am and the BTP caught him.
There are no games for 2 weeks and he is a 25 year old (?!) bloke on a night out - YES THIS HAPPENS

"FCS?", "Where you there?" - what are you talking about?

"it was round the back of an alley" - what a strange place to build the steps of the hotel.

"He has let no one down at all" - other than all his team mates who signed up to the club

disciplinary policy of course. The ones that make the effort not to get arrested every month

You seemed to be so well informed about it and as the spokesman for the quins 1st xv on being "let down" I thought you must have been ?! A strange place to build steps ? Perhaps there are two exits genius or even the back of the hotel may have had steps ?

Get back to your daily mail ...

Rather sounds like your post was composed by Drunk Care after a night out.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 22:53
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
As for the requirement for a visa to visit the USA, he would have needed to do that anyway.

I was in the States late last year. A visa is required, obtained via the ESTA process. You may be shocked, but I have no criminal record. (Sm151)

Grandad (IP Logged)
06 March, 2012 23:56
Posted by: Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2012 18:35

"As for the requirement for a visa to visit the USA ....let's just hope for the club's sake that we don't draw Las Vegas away in the play-offs..."

qk, sir. never heard of world cup rugby lad?

Blank436 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 00:21
Oddly the US doesn't take DUI that seriously - its seen as a rite of passage like it was in Britain in the 70s. Despite having no convictions & a US citizen partner my involvement in (fairly mainstream in europe) politics makes it much harder to get a visa than others I know with 1-2 DUIs.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 08:45
Quote:
Grandad
Posted by: Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Date: 06 March, 2012 18:35

"As for the requirement for a visa to visit the USA ....let's just hope for the club's sake that we don't draw Las Vegas away in the play-offs..."

qk, sir. never heard of world cup rugby lad?

Well, if you have your way, Care will no longer be at Quins by the time the RWC is held in the USA, pops.

Grandad (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 09:54
there needs to be a complete overall in rfu since woody left. jonno were grand copper im sure. fantastic 5 shirt but lacked manement skills. richards were copper to. great dor until that incident. how and why did he do that when it wasnt nessesary. then easter incident in rwc11 now this clod care sticks his oar in. can we ever have a season were we dont look like oiyks at stoop and on world stage. que lancaster and preference given to his training mates son for 10 shirt. ho hum here we go again

Scamble (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 10:00
Quote:
Grandad
jonno were grand copper im sure.

Were 'e?

twas news t'me me old ferret

mabosa ritchie (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 10:12
Quote:
Grandad
there needs to be a complete overall in rfu since woody left. jonno were grand copper im sure. fantastic 5 shirt but lacked manement skills. richards were copper to. great dor until that incident. how and why did he do that when it wasnt nessesary. then easter incident in rwc11 now this clod care sticks his oar in. can we ever have a season were we dont look like oiyks at stoop and on world stage. que lancaster and preference given to his training mates son for 10 shirt. ho hum here we go again
Did you know that cannabis in now ten times stronger than it used to be(Sm81)

Grandad (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 10:21
scamble sorry i meant policeman .

Scamble (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 10:32
but he wasn't a copper, or policeman or rozzer or anything else you choose to call it...........

(at least I don't think he was)

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 10:41
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:

I was in the States late last year. A visa is required, obtained via the ESTA process. You may be shocked, but I have no criminal record. (Sm151)

QK, an ESTA isn't a visa. The ESTA process is simple and done online. The visa process is manual, will involve a trip to the US Embassy along with plenty of letters and form-filling, if you've got a criminal record. It's also a lot more expensive.

BB

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 12:49
Scamble - You're right, Johnno wasn't a policeman (I think he was actually a bank manager, which is in its way much scarier).

Deano was one of the Leicestershire Constabulary's finest, though.

Boonie (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 14:21
Quote:
Grandad

There's only one "oiyk" (sic) on here...

A complete overall, eh? Good grief...

Albert Einstein

peejay001 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 15:14
It wasn't very long ago that a coach full of Quins supporters coming back from the final in Cardiff had to stop in Bristol. The reason it did this was to allow a number of people to jump off and empty their bladders beside the road. This was in a residential area though it was late at night so the streets were empty. Hopefully none of you criticising DC were involved....?

DOK (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 15:20
I'd forgotten that. Yes, I was one who took advantage of the impromptu stop. Good point well made!

harlequinade (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 15:26
And just for the record.
Martin Johnson was a "Bank Officer" at Midland (HSBC) Bank in Market Harborough prior to turning full time rugby professional.
He was never a policeman.

Wheelyaquinandson2 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 15:54
Quote:
harlequinade
And just for the record.
Martin Johnson was a "Bank Officer" at Midland (HSBC) Bank in Market Harborough prior to turning full time rugby professional.
He was never a policeman.

I expect that G'dad has confused Jonno with that other bastion of law and order, Dean Richards.

raedarius (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 16:09
Or Bayfield. Or Dooley. Or Ackford.

Grandad (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 16:46
Wheelyaquinandson2 et el. my apologies yes i confused lad him with bayfield.

07 March, 2012 18:37
Quote:
1988JPCF
Get back to your daily mail ....

I never read it although I gather it comprises mainly of articles written by inarticulate people who are totally out of touch with reality.

Rather like you in fact.

Blank436 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 18:51
Quote:
gregory p
Mind you, if Danny and OLH keep this up, Feltham Young Offenders Institute could be a surprise entry at this year's Middlesex Sevens. Now then, is Ricky Nebbett keeping in shape as well?
The arrows on the shirts would at least improve Ricky's sense of direction but a ball and chain for OLH may take the edge off his straight line speed.

A Quins 'had involvement with the law VII?'

Leonard
Nebbett
Richards
Care
OLH
?
Brown

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 19:10
Collier (iirc).

BB

swindonquin (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 19:16
He can't have been that drunk..............he asked the taxi to stop

Grandad (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 20:00
if you were a taxi driver ......

1988JPCF (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 20:27
Quote:
Still watching
Quote:
1988JPCF

I never read it although I gather it comprises mainly of articles written by inarticulate people who are totally out of touch with reality.

Rather like you in fact.

Still Boring, my mistake your clearly a guardian reader

07 March, 2012 22:05
Quote:
1988JPCF
Quote:
Still watching
Quote:
1988JPCF

Rather like you in fact.

Still Boring, my mistake your clearly a guardian reader

Inarticulate and illiterate. Is there no beginning to your talents?

07 March, 2012 22:09
Shall we get back on Topic?

Danny Care has been punished for his 'crimes', I'm looking forward to seeing more of him on the pitch especially wearing the red rose.

Blank436 (IP Logged)
07 March, 2012 22:13
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:

QK, an ESTA isn't a visa. The ESTA process is simple and done online. The visa process is manual, will involve a trip to the US Embassy along with plenty of letters and form-filling, if you've got a criminal record. It's also a lot more expensive.

Even an arrest (regardless of whether the case went to trial or the result of any court case) makes US entry a bit challenging - particularly for drug or 'political' offences.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 00:26
Quote:
comprises mainly of articles written by inarticulate people

There's no need to use the word 'of'. smiling smiley

Reinstate the Fulham 1!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 11:30
Quote:
Grandad

You forgot to mention Robshaw and the torn shirt tragedy...

Grandad (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 11:39
quinky exacly my point about being a reformed player like joe marler. chris robshaw was reformed character at twickenham v wales .respect now to lad .unlike easter and care oh and tindall

Blank436 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 11:47
Quote:
Grandad
quinky exacly my point about being a reformed player like joe marler. chris robshaw was reformed character at twickenham v wales .respect now to lad .unlike easter and care oh and tindall

Bish (correct me if I'm wrong) - I agree that Marler has matured and - like Mike Brown - learned to control anger. I suspect COS is either very good at teaching that or knows someone who is. Robshaw has an exceptionally good disciplinary record, particularly for a back row player, and didn't need any 'reforming'.

Care and Tindall have been found guilty of criminal offences - its totally different.

Grandad (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 12:01
sam .robshaw didnt cause fight but continued the fight and as captain that is deplorable e3specially as he walked around with a torn shirt for 5 minutes posing like man at C&A

GRedhill (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 12:22
He is a good player. Lets just hope he can get whatver help he needs.

Grandad (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 12:32
why. why not just get a dedicated professional loyal rugby player and have done with it .

Blank436 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2012 12:53
Quote:
Grandad
sam .robshaw didnt cause fight but continued the fight and as captain that is deplorable e3specially as he walked around with a torn shirt for 5 minutes posing like man at C&A

I take it that you've not played much? I was taught (nothing impressive - captain of school 2nd XV was about my level) that part of the role was to get in the way of any trouble - particularly if the oppo were targeting the 9 or 10 as you're much bigger and less important. Torn shirts occasionally result but if a 6' 3", 220lb flanker is trying to hit a 5' 9" 140lb scrum half getting in the way isnt a hard decision.

(Although the 9 really shouldn't have said that about his sister)

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net