Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from GoogleQuins Official SiteDiamond Geezers Website

Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Danny Care again...
twickenham yeti (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:50
5 Live Rugby have tweeted the following: "Danny Care... Bailed after being quizzed by police, following an alllegation of sexual assault during that night in Leeds. He denies the allegation"

I do hope there is nothing in this allegation. Here's hoping. Innocent until proven guilty remember!

One of the founder members of the Q-GOMC (promoted to Major Grump) and proud of it - Bah!

Re: Danny Care again...
Nicksb (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 12:54
Harlequins and England scrum-half Danny Care has been questioned about an alleged sexual assault on a woman.

The 25-year-old Harlequins player was arrested by West Yorkshire Police officers following an alleged incident in Leeds in the early hours of Sunday March 4.

Care has already accepted a police caution for being drunk and disorderly on that night after he was arrested for urinating outside the city's landmark Queens Hotel.

He was questioned again earlier this month in connection with the alleged sex assault on the women.

The player has now been bailed pending further inquiries.

His club said he denies the allegation.

A spokesman for Harlequins said: "Danny Care was asked to report to West Yorkshire Police in Leeds to answer further questions about the incident that took place in the city on 3 March.

"On March 15 Danny attended Leeds Police Station voluntarily by appointment to assist the police with their enquiries. He denies the allegations made against him.

"Harlequins are fully aware of all the facts and will continue to support Danny as he addresses this situation."

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "A 25-year-old man, from Surrey, was arrested in connection with a sexual assault on a woman in Leeds in the early hours of Sunday, March 4.

"He has been bailed pending further enquiries."

Danny Care yet again???
TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:21

Re: Danny Care yet again???
GRedhill (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:32
Not again (Sm55)

If only he would make the head lines for the right reasons

claire_m (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 13:55
I agree with Yeti. innocent until proven guilty and in that time, he gets my support.

Thankfully, we'll be in the press for the right reasons (hopefully) tomorrow...

Edquin (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:01
same incident as the peeing one - so not sure its again just an addition to the earlier. innocent till proven guilty. Lets hope the poor lad can gain some contorl of his life again.

he seems to have gone off the rails the past 5 months, support needed to egt him back in the right place.

JTD (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:02
He really seems to be in the press headlights doesn't he? Not really useful pasting it all over here. Indeed, innocent until proven guilty.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:23
Quote:
Edquin
same incident as the peeing one - so not sure its again just an addition to the earlier. innocent till proven guilty. Lets hope the poor lad can gain some contorl of his life again.
he seems to have gone off the rails the past 5 months, support needed to egt him back in the right place.

***Removed***

At least he can point to his previous good character.

For what it's worth, I'm sure this is a similar situation to the Kiwi chamber maid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2012 14:52 by The Prof.

Grandad (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:30
lads/lasses of today. in my day first incident it were off to labour exchange with cards in hand not 4 in 4 months

goodbye danny care .

TurndownthePA (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:35
Innicent till proven guilty...but No wonder we've signed the new kid from Marlow!

Jus-Quin-Time (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:44
Quote:
RodneyRegis

***Removed***

And that sir is a truly outrageous allegation for which there is no factual foundation. ***Removed***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2012 14:52 by The Prof.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:49
Quote:
Jus-Quin-Time
Quote:
RodneyRegis

***Removed***

And that sir is a truly outrageous allegation for which there is no factual foundation. ***Removed***

Calm down dear!

It was quite clearly a sarcastic post.

Having said that, I Somehow doubt the police are calling him back to Leeds after he got accused of pinching some girl's bottom.

There's no allegation in my post whatsoever.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2012 23:10 by The Prof.

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:49
To use an old fashioned term, Danny needs pastoral care.

Nicksb (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:50
Perhaps alleged sexual assault would be a better way of putting it.

Teddington Taff (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 14:58
Quote:
Grandad
lads/lasses of today. in my day first incident it were off to labour exchange with cards in hand not 4 in 4 months
goodbye danny care .

Obviously spoken from the heart and from a great deal of personal experience.

No doubt you've never @#$%& in the bushes either or had a drink too much when out celebrating.

Of course in my day journalists were respected and didn't hack murder victims phones or their close family. They wrote about topics of "real" interest in an intelligent and articulate way rather than hound celebrities and young wayward sports persons.

In my day the preacher quoted such passages from the bible as "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!"

In my day we waited on proof before we passed judgement. But that was after stoning and public hanging was banned and the witches ducking stool consigned to history. It was after women got the vote and young lads deemed old enough to die for their country.

maybe we are missing a bit of perspective here?

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 15:11
Jesus Christ.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Grandad (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 15:25
ted ... FOUR incidents in FOUR months .. get it now

Arlecchino (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 16:12
Quote:
Grandad
ted ... FOUR incidents in FOUR months .. get it now

Grandad, get your dictionary out, if you have one (which by your spelling I doubt) and look up ALLEGED

Nunquam Dormio

mabosa ritchie (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 16:15
Innocent until proven guilty ..YES

Sick fed up of these repeated allegations ..YES

Renew contract ....NO

He has gone right down in my estimations ..We have a better scrum half than him at the moment anyway

Ed Pope (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 16:31
I really do think that in these situations where serious allegations are made that the person accused of the alleged incident should not be named publicly.

Even if the accused manages to 100% prove his innocence there will always be those who chose to erroneously state "no smoke without a fire".

This would not be the first time a man has been wrongly accused of this crime, so all should bear this in mind until such a point as any guilt has been proven. If guilt is proven then anyone guilty of this crime deserves all they get but not until.

Just because someone might have a drink problem does not mean they are automatically capable of sexual assault.

MightiestQuin (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 16:32
I think we all need to calm down a bit here. Danny Care hasn't gone out on a mass killing spree, he has just had too much to drink a couple of times. The only thing that disappointed me with Danny was the drink driving all the others I think can be put down to just one too many drinks. Richie as great as Karl Dickson and Richard Bolt have been I think we all know Danny is the best scrum half at Quins and probably nationwide which is why it must make things even more frustrating for him. As Quins fans I believe we need to get behind him and give him support, not moan about his personal life.

AlecW (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 16:36
Not trolling, but reading other Boards, waiting for 1700 (yaaaawwwnnn!!!)...

I agree with keeping personal life personal, but with respect, MightiestQuin, D&D in a public place and drink-driving are NOT his personal life: he made them public by committing the relevant crimes - in public.

Have a great weekend!

Alec from LI

T-Bone (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 16:38
Where is the allegation in Rodney's post. There is none.

Nicksb (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 16:39
I agree with Bish - I hoped this day would never come!!

Grandad (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 16:52
well it has. cant be bothjered to go through previous posts but itbwas stated that there would be a FOURTH incident and here we are againj. why on earth are we hiding heads in sand to cover for the guy. let him go now a TOTAL emn=barrasment to both club and country .fact

Grump (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:02
I wish you'd change the record; you give grandfathers a bad name

Grandad (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:04
lads . head in sand .. again

Nicksb (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:10
Nothing wrong with being disappointed in a player who continues to let himself down. You would have thought that he learned his lesson back in NZ in 2008.

Wheelyaquinandson2 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:13
Leave the guy alone.

Grandad (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:18
why 'leave the guy alone' .. only couple of weeks back you said that at 3 in 3 month incident. now lads doing wrong again. so we [ST holders and proud England Supporters] give him ANOTHER chance . so that will be FIVE chances .

Nicksb (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:20
It shame Care cant leave the drink alone - we'd be talking about how well he did the 6N if he could.

Lawyerquin (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:23
What concerns me is why this is in the public domain? Clearly it hasn't come from Danny or the club-so it has to be leaked by the police to the press. Why? There is no public benefit in releasing this story unless he is formally charged (and even then I am not sure). All it does is damage Danny at a time when he cannot defend himself as he hasn't been charged with any offence. It is quite outrageous in my view.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:29
He was arrested, though.

It's all pretty unsavoury.

Wheelyaquinandson2 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:30
And I'll say it again, Grandad LEAVE THE GUY ALONE! Plus this latest 'incident' is an allegation ie no official action has been taken, apart from some questioning by plod.

In any case, some of the sanctimonious (look that one up G'dad) posts on this thread make me feel disgusted. clearly DC needs some sort of help and I hope that the club are providing it, or at least pointing him in the correct direction to get it.

The Prof (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:43
Can we please refrain from having arguments, especially on threads like this, if people want to have digs at each other please do it via some other medium.

Threads like this are very contentious and can have legal connotations so please post with care.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 17:52
OK Prof, but if you're going to remove my not-in-the-least-defamatory-or-libellous comments, you should probably remove them from others posters' quotations.

(Sm115)

Grandad (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:09
yes lad needs help but not this head in sand. does nought wrong attitude. if lads doing no wrong in our mind. then lads doing no wrong in his mind .

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:17
So your idea of help is to tear up his contract and kick him out of the club?

Grandad (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:36
my idea of help is to realise that hes done wrong and needs to break away from 'something' thats obviously harming the lad. what that is. i/we dont know but danny care is on a public stage and at his young age needs to correct the problem before it consume everything

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2012 07:04 by Grandad.

Nicksb (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:36
"Burn him!"

Grandad (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:39
sorry meant to say daughter older than him

Blank436 (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:41
The one thing, having literally no idea of the exact allegations or evidence, I'd say is that the Quins number 9 shirt, for obvious, sad reasons, deserves a bit more respect. No hyperbole - I'm not suggesting DC should be a saint but staying out of the cells seems about right.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:51
Quote:
Grandad
why 'leave the guy alone' .. only couple of weeks back you said that at 3 in 3 month incident. now lads doing wrong again. so we [ST holders and proud England Supporters] give him ANOTHER chance . so that will be FIVE chances .

"incident" number 4 is only alleged at this stage. If no charges result, will you publicly apologise for condemning DC?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 18:53
Quote:
Jammy Git
He was arrested, though.

Being arrested means nothing.it's being found guilty of something that makes a difference.

Grandad (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 19:11
so here we go again. cant do no wrong. why because he plays fir quins. lost white shirt with rose so far. shall we just continue to ignore wrong doing .

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 19:14
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Jammy Git
He was arrested, though.

Being arrested means nothing.it's being found guilty of something that makes a difference.

In the context of the discussion about DC being a liability when he's on the drink, it certainly means something.

I agree that it doesn't mean he's guilty of this though, but I also find it very hard to say anything to defend him just because he plays for the club I support. It's not that to me he's innocent until proven guilty, it's that I don't know if he's innocent or guilty and it's a pretty serious accusation. I won't harp on about it mind.

Grandad (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 19:57
OK lets lighten this up. listen to first few lines of song ..

">So I look back apon my life ...

Black Bear (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 20:19
Whether he is guilty or not, DC is showing poor judgement by getting himself into situations where such allegations can be made. Someone at the club should be giving him some guidance.

Grandad (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 20:25
"Someone at the club should be giving him some guidance"

so the cost of my ST now includes 'social services' for paid (profesional) players. ill tell that to my boss on monday when i need 'guidance' in my PERSONAL life .

am i pssed off .. yes

23 March, 2012 20:51
I wish I hadn't posted this now, if only to keep "Grandad" in his box. Dear God! Danny has NOT been convicted. Be educated, by the fact that in this country, not the country you seem to come from, we only sentence people WHEN they are convicted. He's not been charged. This could be a purely spurious (look it up) allegation!

I try not to bite, but please "lad" give it a rest. You really are a bit of a bore. Let us enjoy this board without having to endure uneducated, misspelled posts which do not contribute anything to the thread.

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! it's the rule of law.angry smiley

One of the founder members of the Q-GOMC (promoted to Major Grump) and proud of it - Bah!

Grandad (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 21:06
"not the country you seem to come from"
ENGLAND born and bred ..PROUD

HARLEQUINS for 20 years .. PROUD

"Danny has NOT been convicted" .. agree but arrested for 4th time in 4 months

"misspelled posts" .. blame apple iphone

"having to endure uneducated, misspelled posts" .. blame my parents for no collage education due to lack of money

"INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY" .. agree whilst we wait for incident no 5

Black Bear (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 21:12
If DCs personal life is affecting the reputation of the club then someone at the club should be advising him on the standards that the club expects from its employees - and they may well be doing just that behind the scenes. That is no different to any business.

Not sure what you mean by 'social services', it costs nothing for one of the senior players to take DC under their wing - that sort of thing has been going on in team sport since the year dot.

Personally, I rate CoS and expect that he is dealing with this effectively in his own way.

23 March, 2012 21:16
Grandad _ I have an iPhone. But I value my evening too much to give you more excuse for your trolling. Bye, Bye and good night! Here for the rugby, not for the bad mouthing!

1988JPCF (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 21:18
A quick question for all the care haters.......if danny scores a try tomorrow or does a little bit of his magic and wins us the game, what are you going to do?! Sit there and sulk, rip up your season ticket in disgust ? Walk out the stoop?

No didn't think so.....

I really hope danny does score tomorrow because 99.99 % of quins supporters will cheer him to end...

COYQ.

Grandad (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 21:24
I prey he does and I genuinely wish him well but lets stop this 'he's a hero cant do anything wrong' stuff which will not help the lad

Regardless of Danny Cares focus at stoop tomorrow v bath, I wish the guy well and as a long quins and England fan, that's from the heart

[edited to correct spelling, will not use smartphone again]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2012 08:19 by Grandad.

Nicksb (IP Logged)
23 March, 2012 22:43
I just want him to be making headlines for the right reasons. When he really came good for us in early 2008 I genuinely thought he'd be a world class scrum half by now.

dave S (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 08:10
Danny clearly has issues with alcohol and therefore needs all the support and help he can get from the Club, Supporters friends and family. The last thing he needs is any suggestion that his contract be terminated.

He is an outstanding player and with help he can hopefully nip the alcohol problem in the bud.

He has to admit to himself that he has a problem, he cannot keep putting it down to stupidity, bad luck and the like.

Good Luck Danny, you are an outstanding talent do not waste it. More importantly look after your well being.

Fursty (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 09:06
I was reading the Saints message board a couple of days ago and thought there was a serious case of burying their heads in the sand in connection to Calum Clark. Unfortunately I think the same criticism could be levelled at the Quins board in relation to Danny Care. Whilst the latest charge is still most definitely alleged the fact remains that hes been arrested three times in 4 months and had to answer questions from the police on another matter.

kevin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 09:12
Whether true or false such things do nothing for the image of the club.

arquero (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 09:52
The trouble is though, Kevin, the media are setting the agenda, which is starting to look like nothing short of a witch-hunt, IMO. And large parts of the media are no respecters whatsoever of any person, their Club, or even the basis of law in this country that a person is innocent until proven guilty, or the consequences of report and be damned!

Is there any foundation to this latest allegation? What does it matter, it's news on the latest "bad boy of rugby"!
That's the attitude of many, seemingly some of the lad's home "supporters as well! When was the last time any of the hacks reported on any good that he is giving up his time for and doing in the community? Nah, who's interested in that?

He has issues; I know that because I've read reports where he has himself acknowledged them. So, how is the coverage that the gutter end of the press seem to wish to make public at every opportunity going to help him resolve those issues?

And as for Grandad, with respect, perhaps your time would be better spent with your face in a dictionary than on a message board, looking up the definitions of, and difference between, allegation and conviction. AFAIK, he hasn't even been charged with any offence in this latest alleged incident, yet you've got him tried, convicted, sacked and treated as an outcast!

If he has done wrong he should be punished. But, wouldn't it show some sense to hold off the lynch mob and await the outcome of any legal action, if it occurs, before calling for his head, yet again, just because his name is in the papers "for the wrong reasons"?

Can anyone remember when someone last made the redtops for the right reasons?

Fursty (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 10:04
But Arquero even allowing for the fact that Danny is hopefully innocent of the this latest accusation the fact remains that hes been arrested 3 times in a short space of time and its not acceptable.

Grandad (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 10:25
arquero, are you proud of whats going on at moment with players with your/our beloved club?

Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 10:27
He got drunk and spent a night in the cells

He drove whilst over the limit - thought he wasn't though

He urinated behind a hotel

So far, i'm thinking "whats the fuss"

He has been asked questions to do with sexual assault - innocent until proven guilty - however if he was to be found guilty then i, like many of the other fans on here, would expect the club to do something.

SO far he hasn't done anything.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 10:49
Drink driving is not nothing, sorry.

arquero (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 10:57
Grandad,

I'm not a Quins fan per se, (I'm a Wasps fan for the record), but I abhor the way the media, like a dog with a bone, homes in on a "celebrity", and reports on every aspect of their life, usually with no regard to fact or consequence! Often these accusations are shown to be totally without foundation, but by then the damage is often done.

Whilst the members of the media, who seem to thrive on this scurrilous behaviour, can just move on to the next molehill out of which to create a mountain, the real victims are those who they leave behind to rebuild their lives and reputations, without as much as an apology, or even a retraction.

And, if you think I'm exaggerating, I'd just say that having followed the Leveson enquiry live on TV over recent months, it makes me realise that I was always wrong about the press; they're even more of guttersnipes than I had believed, and that goes right to the top in certain media organisations!

To answer Fursty, Nev's Left Boot sums it up pretty well for me.

(Edited for spelling error.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2012 10:58 by arquero.

The Kid (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 10:58
Quote:
Jammy Git
Drink driving is not nothing, sorry.

Correct.

The guy needs help in keeping himself away from these situations. That is obvious.

Grandad (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 11:18
"He got drunk and spent a night in the cells"
"He drove whilst over the limit"
"He urinated behind a hotel"

"So far, i'm thinking "whats the fuss""

That just about sums up life in my once great country

Fursty (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 11:24
Spending a night in the cells for being drunk ok its pretty innocuous when considered in isolation, however you dont just get locked up for being @#$%&, you have to do something pretty daft on top of this.

Drink driving it was on New Years eve and hed been drinking, combined with the fact that I seem to remember he was a distance over the limit means Im not inclined to be believe that he didnt know he was over the limit (not that that would be an excuse in any case).

Urinating on a hotel I was led to believe it was on the steps to the hotel. But regardless of this, Danny knows hes in the public spotlight so urinating in a city centre when the previous has gone before is pretty brain dead.

arquero (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 11:38
Grandad,

I agree entirely with you on the point about what's happened to this once great country.

However, as it has been some years since it was, and since the behaviour now being described is commonplace by potentially millions of individuals, I am struggling to see the point in pillorying one individual for being a man of his time with, by his own admission, issues!

It's clearly a society problem. I'd imagine that's why the Government is tabling a proposal to increase considerably the price of "cheap" alcohol. That will put paid to all this boorish behaviour, won't it !

Grandad (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 11:46
OK off to Stoop (via Barmy Arms) and yes .. good luck Danny Care and hope all turns out well

Grandad (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 19:54
And the operator says 40 cents more, for the next .. 3 minutes ..

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net