Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
update Vs Bath Please
Toast (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 14:29
in the far east need a quins fix, updates please....

Re: update Vs Bath Please
Fursty (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 14:35
Likewise toast - its 3 - 3.

The BBC radio stream is working now if you can get it.

Fursty (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 14:45
28 mins gone 3 - 3.

Quins on top but need to turn the pressure in to points.

Rocker (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 14:49
What.does Barnes have against us?

Nicksb (IP Logged)
Utter rubbish from Quins so far. Goodbye top 4.

Fursty (IP Logged)
Joe Marler yellow card - for a high tackle.

No protest to the crowd so probably deserved.

Fursty (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 14:50
Pen Bath. 3 - 6

Nicksb (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 14:56
Taxi for Nick Evans

Fursty (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 14:56
Evans misses two fairly straight forward penalties - still 3 - 6.

manoquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 14:58
The boys look absolutely shattered.

Nicksb (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 15:00
They should look embarrassed. What a pathetic first half.

arfa (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 15:10
Brown & Lowe looking sharp, some good work from Williams & Ugo. Other than that it looks a bit like the first game of the season. Here's hoping that CoS can inject a bit of focus and urgency at the half time chat.

Nigel_B (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 15:16
In A/ces Bar, Paphos, Cyprus and landlord has very kinfly put on rugby in my corner. Having to cope with four other TVs with the wendy ball. Cant understand some comments from some people (Nicksb why are you not at the game). Think the boys are playing well

Rocker (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 15:37
What is up.with NEv?

Fursty (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 15:40
Evans penalty 6 - 6.

Dickson on for Evans.

arfa (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 15:55
Thank goodness for big Mo - try scored finally.

manoquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 15:56
Try Mo!!! 14-6

Nicksb (IP Logged)
Try Quins. They've woken up. Well done big MO

Rocker (IP Logged)
For Care not NEv.
Try Mo after some good.build up

Nigel_B (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 15:59
Some people have no faith COYQ

Nicksb (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 16:02
Yellow for Mo

Camquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 16:07
What has happened to kicking today.
Bath's kicking made NEv look good.

Camquin

Nigel_B (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 16:08
An excellent win. Back on top!

manoquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 16:12
I thought they looked a bit jaded. A yard or two off the early season pace. (Sm120)

Hopefully we're just lulling Saffas into a false sense of security.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2012 16:12 by manoquin.

Fursty (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 16:39
Quote:
Rocker
For Care not NEv.
Try Mo after some good.build up

Yep note to self, don't try and do 2 things at once.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 16:55
Never in doubt.

GazzaFez (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 16:55
Quote:
Nigel_B
An excellent win. Back on top!

Tell me, please, you're 'avin a larf? After some of the drivel I've read on this board about Sarries style of play just think back to this w/e before spouting off again. Play like that next w/e and "Back on top!" will last precisely one week I promise winking smiley

This is just friendly banter so play nicely!

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 17:00
Not sure there was much wrong with our style if play, just woefully inaccurate. Just a few silly offloads and missed kicks away from clicking. Praying we can improve on our last performance at wembley.

Nicksb (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 17:01
That was nowhere near good enough. Its a good thing Bath were even more useless otherwise we'd have coped a real hiding today.

Nick Evans was poor again - a 50% kicker and there is no excuse for not finding touch. He doesn't offer much going forward these days either.

Sarries will have the try bonus wrapped up by half time next week.

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 17:34
That wasn't great, I doubt anyone in Leicester, Northampton or Johannesburg will lose any sleep about us if we continue to play like that.

But there were some positives. Our scrum was a plus. JJ sorting out his bind had a huge effect on the result. Our backs are starting to look dangerous again, and COS talking about starting to ramp up training again now we're reaching the business end of the season.

I understand where Nicksb is coming from, but all is not lost yet.

Nicksb (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 17:42
We won ugly - that is a positive!

Samquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 17:47
Evans seems reluctant to play line breaks and too often kicks.

His passing today was poor.

Sarries will crucify us next week if we don't tidy up the loose play.

quinshead (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 18:07
Well that was not to good but a win is a win. Evans is not playing well but to many on here are to quick to right him off would really rather clegg played? We will have to improve next week to win. Nick you need to take a chill pill mate you are so negative at the moment it is unreal

LUMP 03 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 18:11
Not vindicating basic errors but think with half an eye to the Sarries game would almost prefer the ugly win to a try fest. Focus will be examined and Sarries will not allow us a free flowing game at all costs. Might knock confidence would be the counter arguement but I hope it spurs us on after a good debrief, may effect selection a little as well.

Nicksb (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 18:12
Its not my fault Quins are playing well below their potential and I don't see why I shouldn't be negative about some very sub standard performances of late.

akb1 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 18:17
We were awful, but did just enough to get the win. Need a big improvement next week if we want to get anything out of the game.

Nicksb (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 18:31
We're certainly due a big performance!

quinshead (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 18:33
I understand that Bick but you are coming across as someone with a pesemistick outlook and being over negative. Maybe that us not your intention but is the way it is. I am not happy with our performance answer gave to improve but just take a step back and look were we are. Surely you can appreciate we are a young team that over performed at the start if the season and ate now learning just how hard it is to win a title. Still prefer to be we're we are now compared to were we wore last season . Come on you Quins

Elecquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 18:56
Looking at the table we can't finish lower than 5th place now! But for that to happen we would have to lose all remaing games without a BP!
But we aren't going to do that - first place for us!
Also if I'm correct we have already qualified for the Heineken cup next year
Godd times for sure

The Kid (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 18:56
Quote:
Nicksb
Its not my fault Quins are playing well below their potential and I don't see why I shouldn't be negative about some very sub standard performances of late.

I understand that there is some ground for negativity given recent poor form but your polemic on here goes over the top more often than not. The reality is that we have been grinding out the results needed whilst not playing well. There's a lot to be said for that. We are too with 4 rounds to play and there were signs in the second half that we could still come good with the grounds hardening up. We're not firing on all cylinders but it's far from a dire situation.

Nicksb (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 19:04
Yep that draw in Newcastle was something to be really proud of. A bit like our pathetic tackle stats against Glos.

quinshead (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 19:09
Ah I see now limited intelligence

Nicksb (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 19:12
So I'm thick because I have a different opinion to you?

Nicksb (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 19:15
And at least I can spell.

quinshead (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 19:19
Not at all just was hoping for some sort of structured debate but that is obviousely beyond you. And by the way my spelling is mixture of using a phone and dyslexia which before you ad has nothing to do with intelligence

The Kid (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 19:31
Quote:
Nicksb
Yep that draw in Newcastle was something to be really proud of. A bit like our pathetic tackle stats against Glos.

The last time we won in Newcastle in the league was in 2007. A draw up there is an improvement on our return there in the past 2 years and matches our result from the bloodgate season. And every defence has an off day now and then. We have been more than competent for the rest of the season bar the second half vs sale at home. I didn't see you screaming bloody murder after that one...

This is already the best season on all fronts in the clubs recent history and it comes 3 years after a massive rebirth. We will make the top 4 and we have a bloody good shot at retaining the Amlin. Please cease to be a doubting Thomas and get some perspective. It's coming, probably this year.

quinshead (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 19:44
Now that is what I am talking about kid

Stooperman (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 20:06
Perspective needed.

We might not win anything this year, but it will still be the best Quins season I have ever seen.

We are not clicking, and I don't know what has happened to NEV, but robshaw is back and will bring belief and defensive excellence against Sarries next week.

Danny played amazingly considering where his head must be - well done DC.

Mo and Guestie both looking good again, Easter outstanding.

The only negatives for me

1) Is Nick's slump going to end soon - we don't have much back up for him and we need him to come good.

2) Ugo shouldn't even be in the 23 at the moment, that missed tackle was hideous, and he offers nothing going forward.

Play Chis on the wing to start, and Hopper as backs cover.

Samquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 20:13
I thought Ugo showed a bit more hunger for the ball today. But he does tend to hesitate.

hantsrow (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 20:17
Agree with Stooperman's comments. Although don't think Nick Easter is playing outstandingly at the moment. His insistence on proving he can pass out of the back of his hand even when it clearly isn't necessary is a little annoying too.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 20:26
Quote:
The Kid
Quote:
Nicksb

The last time we won in Newcastle in the league was in 2007. A draw up there is an improvement on our return there in the past 2 years and matches our result from the bloodgate season. And every defence has an off day now and then. We have been more than competent for the rest of the season bar the second half vs sale at home. I didn't see you screaming bloody murder after that one...

This is already the best season on all fronts in the clubs recent history and it comes 3 years after a massive rebirth. We will make the top 4 and we have a bloody good shot at retaining the Amlin. Please cease to be a doubting Thomas and get some perspective. It's coming, probably this year.

Come on, we should have buried newscastle. Nick's right, we were very bad today. Never seen nev so poor. But we won, and i don't think we're that far away from ticking. My worry is that having been confined to barracks amd thus watching on espn today, i could not miss how slow our front 5 were in the loose at times. Will need to be mich better at wembley to avoid a drubbing.

hamptonquin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 21:03
pretty hot out there today for the front five

TitusQuin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 21:06
Agree Stooperman!! For DC to play as he did(ok it wasn't vintage but assured) is testament to him and the support he has from Quins. Watching the game recorded agree Easter was immense(how many tackles) and his hands create a lot for us even if one back hand every now and then catches his own team unaware.
Think Nick Evans slump is down to the unbelievable pressure he is under as basically the only 10 we trust the only kicker in the immediate back line for position(Williams and Brown aren't bad but don't step up in general play). E is our only playmaker as our centres ate strong runners but not creaters and if Clegg had improved at least somewhat in the last three years he could relax and play his game!!

quinshead (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 21:10
Spot in Titus

DOK (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 21:10
To see if Clegg has improved you'd have to play him for more than 5 minutes at a time (the Mike Brown/England argument).

Thought it interesting JJ didn't get pinged once for binding today. Has he improved or was WB just ignoring him. His binding looked the same as always to me (i.e. on the arm).

TitusQuin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 21:21
Clegg played Exeter(missed a bucketload of easy kicks) and Saints away where he has an absolute shocker along with Leicester in lv. 3 games in 5 and not one hopeful let alone good!!
Those with short memories might want to remember our scrum has won us and drawn us a lot of games since new year with the exception away at Gloucester when Pearson decided to rule against JJ and Quins not for the first time and no surprise he has been dropped as he is a poor ref.
Agree with most posts that our attack was very blunt and will need to ask more questions next week against a flying Saracens team

marshie10 (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 21:23
From a Bath viewpoint, I think both teams defended outstandingly and both lacked the killer edge. I think Wayne Barnes was a bit card happy.

Mike Brown, in my opinion, never really does anything that makes people go "wow" but he is just so consistent. He is rock solid in defence and has an excellent understanding of the game. I wouldn't have him on the bench for England as I don't think he offers any impact. I'd have him starting or nothing.

Nick Easter showed his class today, he's a very reassuring presence, and he puts in a lot of work that goes unseen.

It was the best I've seen Ugo Monye play since the Lions tour.

I thought Louw and Turner-Hall were abrasive and solid and both were very good. It was also very good to see Danny Care playing.

I hope you guys go all the way and win the league, you've led pretty much throughout and you're an actual team. I wouldn't say you rely on any individuals particularly, and that is key. Best of luck!

Stooperman (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 21:34
Thanks Marshie,

A very gracious post. For what its worth, I don't think Bath are a million miles away from putting it together either. You look like we did last year, a solid team which is losing the tight games and needs to fond a way to get the belief to win the close ones.

I like the look of Heathcote, and you caused us a lot of problems with some powerful burst through the middle.

Not sure what you see in Ugo, to me he is not a shadow of the player he was. He excels in chasing kicks, but thats about it.

Hope to see Bath challenging for top 4 again next year - its where you belong.

forthewin (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 21:48
Thumbs up for mike brown's brilliant tackle in the first half! Bath player looked to be in but brownie wrapped him up nicely!

HSBC (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 21:49
Not great today in fact very poor from both sides, think a lot of you expect too much, player for player we are at best the 4th best team, and despite our position at the top (which is false as its not based on best sides being available like they are from now on in) we will be lucky to win a play - off game let alone win 2.

Nicksb (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 21:54
We'll be lucky to get to the play offs.

raedarius (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 21:59
W'll be lucky not to be relegated...

Stooperman (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 22:00
Quote:
Nicksb

Oh come off it Nick. The 5th placed team (exeter) will have 65 points if they win all their remaining games. This includes one against Saints. So the maximum we require is 66 points - we currently have 62 and we still have Wasps to play at home.

Play offs are done and dusted we are in them.

What we need to do now is get a home draw by finishing in the top 2, and maintain our momentum by beating Leicester at home, as they may well be our semi-final opponents at the Stoop.

I'm looking forward to the run in, and if we fall short, we will just be joining the other 11 teams that also fell short. In the mean time lets enjoy the ride, it doesn't happen that often!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2012 22:01 by Stooperman.

The Kid (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 22:31
Quote:
Nicksb

Ok. I will bite. @#$%& can it dude. You're deluded. Worry about a home playoff, not making them. Your negativity is a cancer on this board.

Nicksb (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 22:44
So I can't express my opinion about how poorly Quins are playing? Its not really my opinion either, the simple 'fact' is that we are way off the mark and not good enough for a play off spot. We'll struggle to win any of our remaining games and on the off chance that we do finish top 4, we'll get another thrashing like the one Irish gave us a few years ago.

Shame some of you are in such denial. Mind you, some of you think that Danny Care doesn't have a problem.

TQUIN (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 22:58
Evening all, just watched the game. Looked like a team that had 3 weeks off. Evans made a number of mistakes and to be honest we were not patient enough.
Saying that we picked up 4 points, and I am certain we will improve. Very pleased with the defence, and also strength in depth.
We can really judge progress next week.

Nickster (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 23:01
Quote:
Nicksb
So I can't express my opinion about how poorly Quins are playing? Its not really my opinion either, the simple 'fact' is that we are way off the mark and not good enough for a play off spot. We'll struggle to win any of our remaining games and on the off chance that we do finish top 4, we'll get another thrashing like the one Irish gave us a few years ago.
Shame some of you are in such denial. Mind you, some of you think that Danny Care doesn't have a problem.

what an idiot you are - leave our club please

quinshead (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 23:02
Nick we can all see we are not playing well but your negativity on every topic on this board just gets boring we are 13 points clear of fith place and with a win against wasps that will be enough for fourth spot so a play off place is not in question but yes from our start we should get a home semi. But critisise yes but please have some perspective.

Bloodnok (IP Logged)
24 March, 2012 23:10
Quote:
Nicksb

Just like to point out that we struggled to win today, but win we did.

Black Bear (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 06:23
Bet all of the other teams (possibly bar one) would want to be in our position, top of the league, destiny in our own hands, already in the play-offs (unless there is a catastrophic collapse) . . .

Quins have already exceeded my expectations for this season - well done lads!

25 March, 2012 06:46
I am loving this season! I can't believe the amount of negative posts.

Yes if you looked at the squad and player to player I would say that we are about 4th best team with Gloucester in the premiership.

But then again, its about as team and our team has been awesome all year. We have had a dip in form but then form can be got back quickly!

COYQ - by the way it was my daughters first quins game yesterday and she loved it!

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 07:56
Nicksb,

As you feel we'll be lucky to make the play offs, perhaps you would like to accept a bet on the matter.

I think we'll make the play off's, how about £ 10,000 on it? I'll even give you odds if you like?

I look forward to you rejecting this offer, as evidence of what a silly statement that really was.

Black Bear (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 09:50
Quote:
unQUINtested scrums

Yes if you looked at the squad and player to player I would say that we are about 4th best team with Gloucester in the premiership.

Where do you think we need to strengthen to be the best?

DOK (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 10:02
Came to the game with a friend and her son yesterday. He said he'd been looking for a Bath top a few days ago. By half time he'd bought the Quins away strip and is now a certain supporter! Good game boys! smiling smiley

T-Bone (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 09:41
"The simple "fact" is that we are not good enough for a play off spot."

The classic messageboard use of the word "fact". I'm going to express an opinion, which I have every right to have and to express, and which is just as valid as anyone else's opinion, but which does tend to fly in the face of the available evidence, but I'm then going to say "fact" as if that somehow ends any discussion and wins the argument. It's not a fact, it's an opinion, and one that I happen to disagree with.

Our recent form has certainly been disappointing and a top two finish does not look as assured as it did a few weeks ago. But it would take a fairly remarkable set of results for us to miss out on the playoffs altogether. I'm not overly confident about next week, but even if we'd been winning our recent games easily I would still be very cautious about our chances against sarries away. I can't see us losing at home to wasps, tigers one is very hard to call, and we should be able to beat sale away

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net