rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from GoogleQuins Official SiteDiamond Geezers Website


Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

 

David Ellis - CEO
PickledPelican (IP Logged)
25 March, 2012 21:54
It was interesting on Saturday that David Ellis chose to wear a Harlequin "Members Tie" to work.
There are a number of club ties available ( 6 presently sold on-line [shop.quins.co.uk] ) and lots more in recent years that he could have chosen.

The constant through the years has been the members tie.

This may suggest that DE believes that he manages a club, as well as a business...as well as being a member of it!

He wouldn't wear the tie if he wasn't a member, would he??

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 13:21
Arent all STH also Club Members? As such, I think, they are allowed a membership tie. I think the Uber tie is a "Players" tie or something like that...

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 13:25
BQ - no, not all STH's are automatically members, only those buying the higher priced ticket bands or a separate membership

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
26 March, 2012 13:41
Um...... How do you know he's not a member? Why would this even be up for debate? You lot may not like the bloke (for reasons that are beyond me), but come on, this is starting to look a lot like charatcer assassination.



"Last one in's an Offiziere. No offence Sir."

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 13:52
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Arent all STH also Club Members? As such, I think, they are allowed a membership tie. I think the Uber tie is a "Players" tie or something like that...

Don't know about an Uber tie but the honours tie has green (and black?) in it and should only be worn by players (or ex=players). Or maybe just ex-players. I can't remember. smiling smiley



BB

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 14:10
BB you're right. The honours tie has green in it (and thinner stripes). Only former and current players qualify for one of those but any member is entitled to wear the members' tie. As they give out memberships with season tickets now (when I joined I had to be proposed by an existing member and seconded by another member and then have my application referred to a membership committee!), I'm sure that Mr Ellis has satisfied the demanding criteria for wearing a members' tie!!

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 15:57
Didn't he play for quins briefly many years ago?

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
The Prof (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 16:12
He certainly went for a trial/trained with them but he played for the rugby league side - I think they were called London Broncos at the time

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
Babs (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 16:15
There you go then.....

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
PickledPelican (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 17:14
Quote:
GrubbyQuin
BB you're right. The honours tie has green in it (and thinner stripes). Only former and current players qualify for one of those but any member is entitled to wear the members' tie. As they give out memberships with season tickets now (when I joined I had to be proposed by an existing member and seconded by another member and then have my application referred to a membership committee!), I'm sure that Mr Ellis has satisfied the demanding criteria for wearing a members' tie!!

The "honours" tie is only worn by players / ex-players who have not only played for Quins at some level, but also then were invited to play for another side on the back of that.
For example...being picked for the Baa-Baas, England, Surrey, Middlesex etc.

All I was inviting comment on re DE was...

1. Do you think that he's a paid up member?

2. A season ticket holder?

3. By wearing the club tie, is he showing that it's so hard to distinguish between the club & the business?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2012 17:22 by PickledPelican.

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
PickledPelican (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 17:20
Quote:
GrubbyQuin
BB you're right. The honours tie has green in it (and thinner stripes). Only former and current players qualify for one of those but any member is entitled to wear the members' tie. As they give out memberships with season tickets now (when I joined I had to be proposed by an existing member and seconded by another member and then have my application referred to a membership committee!), I'm sure that Mr Ellis has satisfied the demanding criteria for wearing a members' tie!!

If he hasn't bought a season ticket / seperate membership how can you be so sure??

DE is too young to have gone before the old membership committee, and as stated...he didn't play for the club!

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
Jammy Git (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 17:22
This is very important stuff and I hope we get to the bottom of it soon!



O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 19:02
Quote:
Jammy Git
This is very important stuff and I hope we get to the bottom of it soon!

smiling smiley



BB

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 19:59
Quote:
PickledPelican
Quote:
GrubbyQuin
BB you're right. The honours tie has green in it (and thinner stripes). Only former and current players qualify for one of those but any member is entitled to wear the members' tie. As they give out memberships with season tickets now (when I joined I had to be proposed by an existing member and seconded by another member and then have my application referred to a membership committee!), I'm sure that Mr Ellis has satisfied the demanding criteria for wearing a members' tie!!

If he hasn't bought a season ticket / seperate membership how can you be so sure??

DE is too young to have gone before the old membership committee, and as stated...he didn't play for the club!

Will you be investigating anyone else that you see wearing the "wrong" tie?

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
26 March, 2012 20:24
Mark Evans used to wear the 'players' tie. Don't recall a thread about that though.

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
Scamble (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 20:32
This board goes from weird to weirder

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
jonf (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 20:37
CEO of club wears club tie....shocking news.



Harlequins - the home of great rugby

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
27 March, 2012 10:01
Think we're tie-ing ourselves up in knots over this.



Adventure before Dementia!

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
Squirrel Nutquin (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 10:08
And even getting a bit hot around the collar........






Getting me coat...

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 11:17
From caveat emptor to cravat emptor...

 
Re: David Ellis - CEO
GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
27 March, 2012 14:02
"DE's too young"!! He's older than me thanks!

Thus is fact rather than received "wisdom".

(Sm134)


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?