Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from GoogleQuins Official SiteDiamond Geezers Website

Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Meal post Sale game, 5 May 2012
iBozz (IP Logged)
26 March, 2012 19:52
I know it's a tad early yet, but a group of us hope to meet for a Greek meal at the original Stockport branch of the excellent The Rozafa, after the Sale v Quins game on Saturday, 5th May 2012 on what might well turn out to be our last ever game at Edgeley Park.

As kick off is currently scheduled for 2:00pm, there's a fair bit of time to kill afterwards before The Rozafa usually opens on a Saturday but, if we can get enough interest, I shall prevail upon them to open a little earlier for us. I can't be sure they will accede but, until I try, I shan't know.

if you are travelling up to watch the game, and have time afterwards, then why not come along and join us.

If you are interested, please post your name on this thread over on our board.

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

In loving memory of Her Ladyship - d: 29/12/2007.

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. RiP

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s38/smilies-17395.png

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

South Stand with The New Birtles Faithful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2012 19:52 by iBozz.

Re: Meal post Sale game, 5 May 2012
iBozz (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 12:13
The Sale v Quins game will be our last at our current home of Edgeley Park and we'll start the new term at The Salford City Stadium.

So, why not come and join us for a tearful farewell meal at The Rozafa Greek Restaurant, about 10 to 15 minutes walk from Edgeley Park.

There will, of course, be much wailing and gnashing of teeth as we bid a fond farewell to the somewhat dilapidated Edgeley Park football stadium (it is of its time and showing its age, no criticism) but I'm sure, between the sobs and breast beating, there will be the usual good natured chat about rugby, Life, The Universe and Everything.

Come along a join us - we don't [usually] bite!

No matter what you say, or how you say it, someone somewhere will deliberately go out of their way to be offended.

Please help medical research by Folding@Home and join Swanny's Irregulars - PM me for details. Please!

Nigel_B (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 12:14
Thought all AP KOs on 5 May were scheduled for 3pm?

iBozz (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 12:24
Thanks for that, Nigel.

I've just checked on the Sale Iffy and it is still showing at 2:00pm kick off.

it's shown as 2:00pm on your Iffy as well.

Do you have a definitive source?

Dorset Viking (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 13:40
According to the Match Centre on the AP site, all KOs are at 2pm on May 5th

Nigel_B (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 16:53
Quote:
Dorset Viking
According to the Match Centre on the AP site, all KOs are at 2pm on May 5th

DOH, I was relying on the BBC to get it right....

Saturday, 5 May 2012
Leicester v Bath, 15:00
London Irish v Gloucester, 15:00
Northampton v Worcester, 15:00
Sale v Harlequins, 15:00
Saracens v Exeter, 15:00
Wasps v Newcastle, 15:00

iBozz (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 17:25
Relying on Auntie?

Dear, oh dear, whatever next - believing a politician?

Heaven forfend! (Sm6)

iBozz (IP Logged)
14 April, 2012 00:17
If any Quins' travellers are interested in joining us, please follow the link in the top post and express your interest on our Unoffy asap.

The sooner I can get approximate numbers, the sooner I can start getting things organised.

All are welcome and, as I said, we don't bite!

Oh, go on then, I'll be kind and add the link again here:

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s101.htm?104,13155018

willym (IP Logged)
16 April, 2012 16:51
The tickets indicate a 19.45 K.O.!

iBozz (IP Logged)
28 April, 2012 19:54
KO is 2:00 pip emma, willym, in line with all Premiership games that day.

Last call for the Rozafa, Chaps and Chapesses - sign up now or spend the rest of your life wishing you had had a sociable Greek meal after the final Sale game at Edgeley Park before we move to our new home next term.

sixoldpennyquin (IP Logged)
29 April, 2012 12:43
My ticket purchased this week states 2.00pm KO. I hope it is correct otherwise I shall have major rail problem!

COYQ

scottydog (IP Logged)
29 April, 2012 21:04
I've booked for 2. Any more Quins supporters staying in town for the night?

iBozz (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 01:22
scottydog + 1 and tomzinzan + 1 added to the list, making four of our Quins friends joining us - so far.

Any more for any more?

The Rozafa are fairly obliging and don't mind the odd one or two turning up unbooked, but if 1861 or so of the Quins Travelling Faithful turn up without notice then they might balk a bit and have to cut down the portion sizes!

iBozz (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 09:39
scottydog: A necklace has been found on the floor of the restaurant. If you have lost your necklace, or have a distraught companion sobbing that life will never be the same again without it, give The Rozafa a call on 0161-477 4849 and describe the item to prove that it is yours.

I'm in that area fairly frequently, so I can collect it on your behalf and get it back to you somehow.

An excellent time had by all, including scottydog + 1 (I'm assunig that they enjoyed it, if they didn't they were polite enough not to show it!). It was good to meet you - I was down the other end of the room, but you seemed to be being entertained by those Saleians at your end.

tomzinzan + 1 were, however, not only very very very very quiet but also amazingly see-through! They were represented by the only two vacant chairs at the table.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net