Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
A user has been blocked
Posted by: The Prof (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 15:32

I have unfortunately had to block a user from this site.

After requests to refrain from being abusive on the site he/she continued.

Re: A user has been blocked
Posted by: GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 15:50

grandad, grandad,please let it be grandad.

Nope, illiteracy and ignorance have never been a bar here (Sm17)

Posted by: Grandad (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 15:55

"illiteracy and ignorance". I respect T&C's and warnings past. I dont troll (whatever that is) and I cant excuse past education on internet matters, so let bygones be bygones

Date: 29 March, 2012 16:18

As granddad says, let bygones be bygones.

I want this site to be a place where anyone with an interest in Quins can come, both Quins and opposition fans, and receive a friendly welcome.

I am concerned that a lot of people are put off by the aggressive tone of the board at times. I have PM'ed a number of people and thank you to those who have taken it on board.

One other thing is that DOK has become an admin of the site too.

Posted by: Nicksb (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 16:23

Well said Prof. I shall promise to cheer up from now on.

Posted by: Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 16:24

Quote:
One other thing is that DOK has become an admin of the site too.

Congratulations, DOK! Or should that be commiserations? I'm sure you'll do a fine job either way. smiling smiley

BB

Posted by: Jammy Git (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 16:30

DOK? Ooh eck. I take back everything!!!

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Posted by: GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 16:32

Oh go on then.

Good luck DOK. Lad (Sm14)

Posted by: Quin Kong (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 17:16

Well done DOK, can I re-name you DOK the block? (Sm14)

QUIN KONG

Posted by: NW Kent Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 17:22

Well done DOK!
(Main reason I sent this was to prove it wasn't me that was blocked!)

Posted by: SussexMightyQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 17:28

I'm not Spartacus either!

Posted by: DOK (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 17:42

Thanks guys. It's not a big ego trip thing, but prof has other things on his mind with family life and all so I was happy to be volunteered!

Date: 29 March, 2012 18:14

Well done DOK our lad

(Sm159)

Posted by: PickledPelican (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 18:40

WELL DONE

1 AM SPARTACUS!

#COYQ

Posted by: tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 18:42

Isn't it a (Sm21) if you block. Sorry coat on and gone.....

Date: 29 March, 2012 18:46

He'll be back as Still Watching a Very Patient Observer!

Posted by: Samquin (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 18:53

Not me then!

Posted by: Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 19:00

Of course, Still watching. I was wondering who it was.

Can I just say, well played Prof. The board is always a nicer place when he / she / it is not present.

Posted by: To Mega Therion (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 19:06

Bring back TMJ!

I'll get me coat.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpKHV_mtVeNi9mSYLq3K1i9NvBslw7N8R4UvEbLchopTFrP2k

Eparistera Daimones

Date: 29 March, 2012 19:08

i did what CONservatives said and filled 4 jerry cans with petrol and put in outhouse. now what do I do with them

Posted by: To Mega Therion (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 19:10

Quote:
Grandad
i did what CONservatives said and filled 4 jerry cans with petrol and put in outhouse. now what do I do with them

Chuck 'em in the Aga and heat up some pasties for your granny who can no longer afford them.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMpKHV_mtVeNi9mSYLq3K1i9NvBslw7N8R4UvEbLchopTFrP2k

Eparistera Daimones

Date: 29 March, 2012 20:09

so flipping true

Posted by: twickenham yeti (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 20:36

Nicksb, Thank goodness, you are back and refreshed! I was worried about your sanity at times. Contrary to some other posters who have a problem with your humour. It is a wonderful breath of fresh air to some of the more aggressive posters who remain on the board.

Long may you post and make me smile!

One of the founder members of the Q-GOMC (promoted to Major Grump) and proud of it - Bah!

Posted by: rodders1 (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 21:34

.... Oh well I admit it was me - I havnt grumped enough recently si I promise the Q-GOMC will reemerge and make its
Itself heard - particularly if we ding win on Saturday

on on quins

Posted by: Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 23:32

Quote:
rodders1
.... Oh well I admit it was me - I havnt grumped enough recently si I promise the Q-GOMC will reemerge and make its
Itself heard - particularly if we ding win on Saturday

And today's lesson is... Don't post after three bottles of wine (Sm64)

Posted by: Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2012 23:34

Quote:
Nicksb
He'll be back as Still Watching a Very Patient Observer!

I'll bet you were so excited that you filled your nappy!

Posted by: Babs (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 07:59

large
Or "not so large" as I now think of you...DO NOT GO THERE!!

Posted by: Stooperman (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 08:33

Quote:
Babs
large
Or "not so large" as I now think of you...DO NOT GO THERE!!

Have you been inspecting the troops again Babs?(Sm142)

Posted by: GRedhill (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 09:00

Well done to all those who keep this site up and running.

Hope you have a good weekend and heres to a good game at Wembley tomorrow(Sm128)

Posted by: Arlecchino (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 09:46

Quote:
GRedhill
Well done to all those who keep this site up and running.
Hope you have a good weekend and heres to a good game at Wembley tomorrow(Sm128)

I second that (though I will be watching in a local pub with my Quins shirt on)

Nunquam Dormio

Posted by: 1908 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 10:02

You buy up all our homes, you tax our pasties,you steal our horses and best players, you ring fence the Premiership and now you block the forum.......well done Prof and DOK.

As a guest all I can say is that this is the best rugby forum bar none and it's a pleasure to read it.Keep up the good work.

Date: 30 March, 2012 10:33

Thanks for all of your support.

1908 - just get back to your turnip or I'll get Cliff to steal Granite again! winking smiley

Posted by: deadlyfrom5yardsout (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 13:46

Presumably he/she/it now just goes off and gets a new fictitious e-mail address and re-registers in this place under a pseudonym? Or is Prof's blatant blocking more finessed than that?

Adventure before Dementia!

Date: 30 March, 2012 13:47

Quote:
deadlyfrom5yardsout
Presumably he/she/it now just goes off and gets a new fictitious e-mail address and re-registers in this place under a pseudonym? Or is Prof's blatant blocking more finessed than that?

I believe it also uses IP address but that's not infallible.

BB

Posted by: Steeevo (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 14:23

The Mighty Foolian - OLD SKOOL!

"Last one in's an officer. No office Sir."

Posted by: Wheelyaquinandson2 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 14:34

All is still fine in deepest darkest Dorset, except that I've heard there is a beer shortage forecast, so Iam going to start panic drinking!(Sm128)

Posted by: Quin Like Flint (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 14:34

Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
deadlyfrom5yardsout

In fact it's very fallible. Most people's IP address changes regularly without them doing anything.

Posted by: Jammy Git (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 14:54

And if it doesn't, there's all kinds of proxies available.

Happily, the kind of people who get banned are the kind that find it impossible to moderate either their tone or their style of writing, so they're easy to spot.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Date: 30 March, 2012 15:04

Quote:
Quin Like Flint
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
deadlyfrom5yardsout

In fact it's very fallible. Most people's IP address changes regularly without them doing anything.

That's true but it's not always the end user's IP address that is logged.

BB

Posted by: Wyddy (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 15:09

Well I don't know who could possibly have been banned, but I'd just like to say a big hello as I have gone from 3 month lurker to daily poster.

Have had a very nice welcome from the community so far in my posts and would just like to say as - someone who used to read this forum on and off when abroad working, thanks for keeping us folk sane in rugby-less parts of the world!!!!

Anyways nice to meet y'all, I'm Dave, have been away for 7 years, now back in Blighty and loving going to see Quins.

Quins home games have given me the chance to finally do the old father and son thing, me at 34 and him at 72...! Its something special to be able to connect with the old fella by coming to the games, when we're driving up from deepest darkest Hampshire, all we talk is rugby. Get to the ground, have a pint, half time a pulled pork sarnie and then back home analysing the game. Epic. I recently got another job offer abroad but to be honest a big part of turning it down was the thought of losing that pilgrimage with the old fella. Rugby and Quins days out have been a massive difference in our lives, and that includes all the community around it, including this very website.

...oops... anyone else awake?

Wyddy

Date: 30 March, 2012 15:15

Nice to meet you too Dave.

Date: 30 March, 2012 15:17

Mind you the last time I tried to 'connect with my old fella' at a rugby game I got arrested!!! (Sm129)

Posted by: Wyddy (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 15:20

I did think that as i wrote it... and then I thought, no don't bother to correct it... see who steps up to the lowest common denominator!!!

Please collect your Cuddly Toy prize round the back of the Guiness Bar next home game!

Date: 30 March, 2012 15:26

I'll put it with the rest!! (Sm128)

Posted by: deadlyfrom5yardsout (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 15:30

Nicksb is our resident cuddly toy. Eeyore.

Adventure before Dementia!

Date: 30 March, 2012 15:33

Welcome to the board.

Nick may have won the race, but it could have been any one of the usual several dozen suspects.

Posted by: Wheelyaquinandson2 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 16:33

Welcome, Dave. Nice to greet a fellow traveller.

Posted by: TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 18:46

[sup][/sup]
Quote:
Wyddy
Anyways nice to meet y'all, I'm Dave, have been away for 7 years, now back in Blighty and loving going to see Quins.
Quins home games have given me the chance to finally do the old father and son thing, me at 34 and him at 72...! Its something special to be able to connect with the old fella by coming to the games, when we're driving up from deepest darkest Hampshire, all we talk is rugby. Get to the ground, have a pint, half time a pulled pork sarnie and then back home analysing the game. Epic. I recently got another job offer abroad but to be honest a big part of turning it down was the thought of losing that pilgrimage with the old fella. Rugby and Quins days out have been a massive difference in our lives, and that includes all the community around it, including this very website.

Wyddy

Awake here still!! Hi & welcome to the boards.

Your story is reminiscent of mine in a way although the outcome is very different!

We (Mrs TQ & self) had been going to games for a few seasons and just buying the tickets ad hoc. When my Dad became ill, we found an afternoon at the Stoop to be a great way to shout away the frustrations of him being ill and take our minds off it for a while. We decided to get season tickets at the start of the 2010/2011 season and when Dad lost his battle in October 2010, we found that having them gave us something to really focus on and help with the loss.

Since then, the team have really stepped up a level and we are proud fans of a great club!

Posted by: Stooperman (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 19:05

Quote:
TeddingtonQuin
[sup][/sup]
Quote:
Wyddy

Wyddy

Awake here still!! Hi & welcome to the boards.

Your story is reminiscent of mine in a way although the outcome is very different!

We (Mrs TQ & self) had been going to games for a few seasons and just buying the tickets ad hoc. When my Dad became ill, we found an afternoon at the Stoop to be a great way to shout away the frustrations of him being ill and take our minds off it for a while. We decided to get season tickets at the start of the 2010/2011 season and when Dad lost his battle in October 2010, we found that having them gave us something to really focus on and help with the loss.

Since then, the team have really stepped up a level and we are proud fans of a great club!

Guys, can I just join the club. Dad first had cancer in 2000 - thought I'd lost him. A couple of years later when he was better we started going to Quins. He's had another bout this year, so no more beer for him, and he needs to be ferried to the ground and looked after. But I have had the greatest 10 years ever - and last year in hospital all he talked about was getting back to The Stoop. In a way I think it saved his life. (He missed the winning streak though - I blame him for our recent form!!)

Cheers and beers.

Date: 30 March, 2012 20:53

Quote:
Stooperman

Cheers and beers.

Absolutely Stooperman - welcome to the we love / really miss our Dad's club!!

smileys with beer

Date: 30 March, 2012 21:05

OMG - some people really can't take a hint or even just grow up can they (Sm119)

Still Watching - you don't need to be on this board where you expose your obvious weaknesses and insecurities for all to see, what you need is help..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/03/2012 21:10 by TeddingtonQuin.

Date: 30 March, 2012 21:06

(Sm108) Aw bless.

Don't you think it's strange that it's only you who has the problem, and while your not on the site it's a much nicer place.

But you know what they say, just because your paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get your....

(Sm22)

Posted by: kevin (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 21:09

Just dont respond you fools!

Posted by: The Kid (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 21:10

Quote:
kevin

Too late.

Date: 30 March, 2012 21:13

Quote:
kevin

Understand where you are coming from Kevin but the rest of us (mostly sane and in command of our senses) want to continue on this board and any post will elicit the same response until those with limited social skills are banned again!

Date: 30 March, 2012 21:18

Quote:
TeddingtonQuin
Quote:
kevin

Understand where you are coming from Kevin but the rest of us (mostly sane and in command of our senses) want to continue on this board and any post will elicit the same response until those with limited social skills are banned again!

I understand where you're coming from but I don't think you do actually understand where kevin's coming from. He's right. There is only one way to deal with this - banning posters is more of a gesture because it's impossible to prevent someone from coming back, as you can see.

BB

Date: 30 March, 2012 21:29

Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
TeddingtonQuin
Quote:
kevin

I understand where you're coming from but I don't think you do actually understand where kevin's coming from. He's right. There is only one way to deal with this - banning posters is more of a gesture because it's impossible to prevent someone from coming back, as you can see.

smiling smiley I do understand where you & kevin (and I!!) are coming from but unfortunately, we can't just ignore those that need help as they will just hang around being abusive and believing everyone is against them and at the same time, casting a shadow over the board fuelled by their own paranoia. If they keep coming back, just ban them again and again until they either run out of IP addresses to troll from or they find a more attractive brick wall to bang their heads against (Sm164)

Date: 30 March, 2012 21:43

I'm with TQ. Just ignoring this idiot doesn't work. This poster needs to understand it's not welcome, and no one agrees with it.

Posted by: kevin (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 21:53

look back and learn ffs.

Date: 30 March, 2012 21:54

Come on, let's not start being rude about this silly matter.

Posted by: Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 22:13

You fools! You didn't block me?

Mwahahahahahhaa

(Sm49)

I'm happy dreaming
It's good for my health
Only when I'm dreaming
Am I really myself

Date: 30 March, 2012 22:21

Quote:
Tigergeezer
You fools! You didn't block me?

Mwahahahahahhaa

(Sm49)

Prof

DOK

Quickly please (Sm122)

Date: 30 March, 2012 22:30

very good!

LOL, as the kids say...

Posted by: Harley Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2012 22:33

Still here, phew!.......

Well volunteered DOK :-)

COYQ!!!

Posted by: Duncan Beaumont (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 13:02

Quote:
Harley Quin
Still here, phew!.......
Well volunteered DOK :-)

COYQ!!!

What's the money like?

Posted by: rodders1 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 17:38

.... well not a lot for the Q-GOMC to grump about - sad really

on on quins

Posted by: Biglad (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 18:20

Woo hoo I'm still here grinning smiley

Biglad.

There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

Posted by: WanderQUIN (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2012 21:35

May I support Prof in his decision to get DOK on board to help run a superbly run forum.

They say what doesn't break don't mend it but this forum now will remain as always - superb...

bTW - this season has the potential to be a defining moment of history on the playing field,I want to pledge to that and I'm sure in the coming weeks we will rejoice success with unparalleled respect on all views Quins supporters offer I the run in.

I hope everyone will buy into that!

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net