Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from GoogleQuins Official SiteDiamond Geezers Website

Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

James Johnston
Jammy Git (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 17:07
I've been a big critic of his over the last 2 seasons but while Marler's been getting plaudits for his improvement recently I think it's only fair to point out that JJ has come on leaps and bounds. It was only a month or two ago that we were all despairing at the constant penalties he was conceding for his binding problems, but today he had Matt Stevens on toast (although he didn't win the penalties he deserved) and some of his last ditch tackling was crucial.

Well done, JJ. It's great to see players like this improve so much.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Re: James Johnston
Scamble (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 17:09
His try-saving tackle was the best bit. Stevens is useless though

1988JPCF (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 17:10
Here Here ... Also thought marler was massive yet again today..

Big up to JTH and G-Lo awesome games

Wizza (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 17:11
Agreed, JJ has come on so much, scrummaging and THAT tackle!!! Well done JJ

PickledPelican (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 17:22
Stevens showed how poor he can get today

JJ WAS AWESOME...........!

Babs (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 17:29
That tackle was superb! Free hog roasts for the rest of the season!

JB1 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 18:52
Really upping his game recently! Great in te scrum and operating very well in the loose!

Marler on the otherwise has also really stepped up!

RB had a fantastic game, so much pressure and dealt with it so well!

The Prof (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 18:58
JJ was fantastic today. He made more than one very important tackle today.

As JK said at the Quinssa evening he is just too powerful in the scrum and lots of looseheads just collapse if they don't get the hit right. A lot of the penalties against JJ aren't valid.

There was a good battle of the front rows today with fewer than normal resets.

Look at the experience in our front row compared to theirs. We should be very proud.

PINKWIN (IP Logged)
31 March, 2012 19:29
Really Excellent... far better than hoped

GO GO UGO

PINKWIN

mkquin (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 19:56
that try saving tackle was one of the highlights of my season, well done jj brilliant!!!

The Prof (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 19:59
Quins front row: caps 3
Sarries front row: caps 77

A phenomenal performance by such a young front row - backed up by the rest of the pack of course

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 20:26
I've long been a JJ fan, and a proud member of the JFC! It's good to see the big guy getting some recognition, and praise must also go to Joe and Rob for a great front row performance. How nice to see the Quins pack destroy the Sarries scrum! I was at Wembley, sat among Sarries fans... What a pleasure it was smiling smiley

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 20:31
Quins Front Row Average Age: 22.3
Saffas Front Row Average Age: 31.3

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
01 April, 2012 20:35
Forgive my surprise, but why are people surprised that JJ caught a flying back for a try saving tackle? grinning smiley

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 13:53
Thing was, you could see how bewildered he was when he kept getting penalised, it was like he was thinking "I'm destroying this guy, but I'm the one who's getting penalised!"

As has been mentioned before, now that he's getting his bind and his opposite number is infringing, but not getting pinged, he must be seriously peed off, but at the same time he looks delighted to be dominating.

I think he'll quickly become one of the most feared scrummagers in the prem next season. Him and Joe will be quite a partnership. Don't think many teams will dismiss us as lightweight anymore.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 13:56
I read a quote from COS somewhere which said that a part of the problem is that JJ is such a powerful scrummager. Could it be that he is so destructive that refs can't believe it's legal?

I also agree that the big guy goes from strength to strength. I hope he's at Quins for many a year to come.

TheTorpedo (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 13:57
I wasn't surprised, nor was anyone fromt he JFC who have known this man's superpoers from day one!

As the prof rightly points out, the only reason the scrum ever collapses is that even big big professional looseheads cannot handle his sheer strength and power.

It was great to see JJ show Stevens what it's all about, both on and off the pitch!

Join the JFC, even JJ himself has!

[www.facebook.com]

DOK (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 13:59
I'm looking forward to the look on the face of the opposition no 3 as James Johnson goes off only to be replaced by Kyle Sinckler!

gregory p (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 15:44
A friend of mine was sat very close to JJ's missus during the game and as he made the tackle she made all kinds of promises for Saturday night...........expect him in training on Wednesday

blakedownquin (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 15:57
The first time I saw him play was in an A team match at Kingsholm . I have watched his progress ever since . Saturday was an awesome performance ,both in the tight and in the loose .

Kirton Boy (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 19:23
Agree with all of above, but I also think Mark Lambert shunting Stevens back when we only had a six man scrum was pretty heroic. memories of Wellinton 2003!!

mabosa ritchie (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 19:35
Stevens struggles to get over the white line these days

03 April, 2012 10:24
Thats a hang over from his Bath dayssmoking smiley

Adventure before Dementia!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 10:59
Still not to be sniffed at...

The Prof (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 11:11
Quote:
Kirton Boy
Agree with all of above, but I also think Mark Lambert shunting Stevens back when we only had a six man scrum was pretty heroic. memories of Wellinton 2003!!

Well said KB, that's what I thought too.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 11:12
Still "nose" his way around a rugby pitch

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net