Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListNew TopicSearchLog In
That song!
Posted by: DOK (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 09:40

Discovered you can sabotage this song nicely with the plea often heard from the lower West Stand of "SIDDOWN!"

So every time there's a "Stand up!" you just bellow "SIDDOOOOOWWWWWN!" and it fits in nicely. Find the song on YouTube (if you can stomach it) and you'll see what I mean.

Well it amused the folk sitting with me anyway!

Re: That song!
Posted by: Rocker (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 10:15

That song is a crime against music and anyone who plays it should be prosecuted

Posted by: MarkinLondon (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 11:38

The most common song I heard in Block 245 was all about Danny Care not knowing what the word 'no' meant from two pi$$ed up Sarries fans sitting behind me.

Having to explain what it (the song) meant to my 9 year old was an unexpected parental chore that I could have done without.

Piped crowd noise shouldn't be allowed. if your fans aren't cheering and applauding, then give them something to cheer.

Posted by: Squirrel Nutquin (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 12:04

In the pub I was in, where I was the ONLY person watching 3 large screens - BLISS - you could not hear that song or much from the crowd. How/why did Sky turn down the crowd noise?

Posted by: Meaty Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 12:40

Stolen from Ulster, where the fans they do the song some credit without a recording. Hardly original.

Posted by: MarkinLondon (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 12:58

Quote:
Meaty Quin
Stolen from Ulster, where the fans they do the song some credit without a recording. Hardly original.

The 'original' version, sung by Ulster (and Leinster if memory serves from the Heineken QF) is to the tune of 'Go West' by the Pet Shop Boys.

The Saracens version is something entirely different.

Posted by: Meaty Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 13:12

I thought they were justing singing out of tune!

Posted by: Snowman (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 13:48

MiL - THAT is why I woke up with PSB's 'Go West!' in my mind this morning!

Posted by: Monte (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 16:15

Yes it is the reason I was not there yesterday so had to endure Stuart Barnes on TV

Posted by: Sketchley (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 16:23

Give me that song over Stuart Barnes everytime..... And I hate that song....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2012 16:50 by Sketchley.

Posted by: Nicksb (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 16:45

Wasn't Go West originally performed by the Village People?

Date: 01 April, 2012 17:10

Well you should read Stuart Barnes in Sunday Times - the subs have given it a nice heading - Robshaw's men show passion worthy of title contender BUT 'The accepted theory has been that Quins cannot win the Premiership because of set-piece weaknesses' is what the man has written however, he does then (after praising Tigers) there is nothing lily-livered about COS's men. He supports Robshaw and says we have 'hung on'in there to reveal ourselves as worthy contenders! How grudging.

From TV you can tell he has not watched any Quins matches since Big Game 4.

Date: 01 April, 2012 18:22

I've shredded my Sunday Times sports section Rugby page in disgust. How much do these reporters get paid?

Posted by: Harleys Evil Step Mum (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 19:11

At Combe Haven Caravan park Hastings on Sons rugby tour, watching on big screen with 200 other Quins fans......NICE!!

Posted by: Josh Black (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2012 19:13

The Quins lineout was dreadful and led to Marler's sin-binning. Even Will Greenwood was writing you off, but I suspect that is what had Quins so fired up.

Date: 01 April, 2012 19:16

HESM say hi to my grandson Jamie. I've met you!

Posted by: Harleys Evil Step Mum (IP Logged)
Date: 02 April, 2012 15:10

Which Jamie?

Posted by: Ralph (IP Logged)
Date: 02 April, 2012 15:37

Jamie Nutquin? Assuming that Squirrel is his real name of course. You can never tell on these boards....

Posted by: Southcoast Quins (IP Logged)
Date: 02 April, 2012 19:18

When that awful song was played, in front of my seat was a sign says "please remain seated"... Priceless! Well done Wembley!!(Sm6)

Date: 02 April, 2012 21:19

Going back to the Sunday Times Stephen Jones is even more anti Quins and says COS only went for Lancaster cause Robshaw TOLD him to - they are complete idiots!

Posted by: Samquin (IP Logged)
Date: 02 April, 2012 21:26

I used to subscribe to The Times but stopped at the beginning of the season. I don't miss the rubbish written by Stephen Jones.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Message ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net