Henson dismissed
Black Bear (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 17:56
[www.cardiffblues.com]

And he has a six-month ban from Flybe

Re: Henson dismissed
Mr_B (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 18:06
what a complete waste of tallent, he maybe a complete plank but in his prime and when his head is together a very good rugby player. All urinated down the drain.

PINKWIN (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 18:32
It's a great shame, a natural talent wasted.It seems nobody can manage him.
Drink again..of course I don't touch the stuff and have never done anything silly.... come to think of it I'm lucky to still have my job, just as well I didn't pick Rugby as a carreer..(very unlikely due to complete lack of skill and utter cowardice)

GO GO UGO

PINKWIN

Wole (IP Logged)
02 April, 2012 23:02
All rather sad. I started watching Quins in the relegation season, and I can't remember many, if any, better individual performances by visiting players than Henson for Ospreys that year. He looked a complete rugby player - pace, power, skill, vision, he could run, kick and pass superbly. Regrettably, 'rugby player' has proved to be not the only term that can follow the words 'Henson is a complete...' Some more polite than others. Disappointing to see injuries and his own failings reduce him to the shadow he has become.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 08:01
Cue the usual debate about whether we should have him here on a pay per play deal, how conor could get the best out of him, etc

poorfour (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 08:24
Straw poll: if COS could pick him up on, say, a rolling 3-month contract as a utility back / third fly half, would we want him?

I'm assuming in this speculation that the coaching team wouldn't make an offer if they weren't satisfied they could fit him properly into the squad... Big if.

JTD (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 08:24
Yeah, He could be great at Quins. Perhaps we should sign him on a pay per play deal. That should keep him motivated, and Conor and the coaching team could get the best out of him.

(Sm159)

Sorry....forgot this one:

(Sm161)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2012 08:31 by JTD.

Mr_B (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 08:26
Nope, Danny doesn't need that sort of influence close at hand thanks

KevT (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 08:27
After the performance Wole mentions for Swansea against us, Bob Hiller stated that Henson along with Jason Robinson were the best players at going past one on one that he had seen since the 70's. What a waste.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 08:33
Quote:
poorfour
Straw poll: if COS could pick him up on, say, a rolling 3-month contract as a utility back / third fly half, would we want him?

He's not been very good for a long, long time. He is anathema to team spirit.

I wouldn't wish him on Newcastle.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

03 April, 2012 09:41
Henson at the moment appears to be a bad apple just waiting to rot the rest of the barrel. The man needs some serious cuddly time with a head doctor and then he may have one more shot at showing us all what a brilliant player he can be.

Adventure before Dementia!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 09:54
I'd say it's a shame that he's done some silly stuff, but he could still be a great player. I can see him heading off to Japan to earn decent money.

As regards his punishment, surely a ban from Flybe is a reward? grinning smiley

The Prof (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 10:08
Forcing him to fly on RyanAir would be more of a punishment.

I think this has gone past a level when people take the mickey out of him for his fake tan and behaviour and people (including me) now just feel very sorry for him and his wasted talent.

He seems to have wasted what could have been the best years of his sporting career. Perhaps he'll just be a TV "celeb' from now on.

Grandad (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 10:18
nick easter excused for 'thats Ł32k down the drain' gaff

chris robshaw excused for clouting cusiter on 6n match and wearing torn shirt as captain

danny care x4 + sin bin.. just excused

gavin henson excused for behaviour on aeroplane after spanking by glasgow

no shame and a 'so what' attitude.. no wonder this once great countrys in a mess

NW Kent Quin (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 10:34
Grandad,

Nick Easter, a throw away coment that was probably meant more in jest than seriousness.

Chris Robshaw, just shut up about it. Really you are just making yourself look foolish.

Danny Care, has paid his price. How many more pounds of flesh do you require?

Gavin Henson, most people here are bemoaning the waste of talent rather than the actual episode on the plane.

Really get a grip mate. Just moaning on here constatntly is getting tiresome.

Following the Quins should be a pleasure, why make it a chore?

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 10:55
Quote:
Really get a grip mate. Just moaning on here constatntly is getting tiresome.

But you bit so it will continue. smiling smiley

BB

Grandad (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 10:55
sir, ive been following quins and beloved country team since i were lad and never have i experienced such bad disapline and press exposure that is shaming us all. my point is not to keep digging up past but to explain my disgust in todays players and fans that just brush off such behaviour. gavin has paid the price and cardiff blues have clearly sentr out a message, so lets see if that will shake up the once proud and disaplined game that our gran children can be proud of unlike that irks game called football

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 11:00
I think the point is you've explained it repeatedly for much of the last few months.

NW Kent Quin (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 11:05
BB, you're right. Sorry!(Sm136)

Grandad (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 11:05
fair enough, i'll say no more, just like to see rfu back as it was

poorfour (IP Logged)
03 April, 2012 14:19
The Telegraph's also reporting that Jamie Roberts is now out for the rest of the season, with the succinct subhead "Gavin Henson would've been ideal replacement for Cardiff Blues centre, who requires knee surgery, had he not been sacked."

On the bright side, I gather that there might be a coaching job at Bath before too long.

Ed Pope (IP Logged)
04 April, 2012 07:11
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
poorfour

He's not been very good for a long, long time. He is anathema to team spirit.

I wouldn't wish him on Newcastle.

I wouldn't wish him on Wasps!

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
04 April, 2012 08:52
There's a few welsh (ex-)players and coaches who suspect that what Henson did has been blown up out of all proportion and the reason he's been sacked is actually part of a cost-cutting exercise.

BB

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
04 April, 2012 09:21
Wouldn't surprise me. People talk about the incident on a train after the Quins match a couple of seasons ago. Charges were dropped, but that never gets mentioned.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
04 April, 2012 11:42
But it was serious enough that charges were brought. There's plenty of incidents of awful behaviour that don't get as far as police involvement.

He's toxic.

cwaq (IP Logged)
04 April, 2012 12:01
His contract was due to end next month anyway, so if it was cost cutting, Cardiff wil not have saved much.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
04 April, 2012 12:20
Send him to Wuss - he'll fit in there on the terraces...

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
04 April, 2012 21:31
Quote:
Jammy Git
But it was serious enough that charges were brought. There's plenty of incidents of awful behaviour that don't get as far as police involvement.
He's toxic.

You're assuming guilt. If it were that clear cut, charges wouldn't have been dropped.

HSBC (IP Logged)
04 April, 2012 22:13
We must sign him and DC OLH and GH can go out every friday night, keep us in the headlines.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 00:04
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Jammy Git
He's toxic.

You're assuming guilt. If it were that clear cut, charges wouldn't have been dropped.

Charges were dropped as it was deemed there was either insufficient evidence or he hadn't committed a criminal act. That doesn't excuse his behaviour.

I don't view criminal law as the sole arbiter of how people should act.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 08:25
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Jammy Git
He's toxic.

Charges were dropped as it was deemed there was either insufficient evidence or he hadn't committed a criminal act. That doesn't excuse his behaviour.

I don't view criminal law as the sole arbiter of how people should act.

Hypothetically speaking (as we all are), what if if he hadn't done anything wrong? There are often cases of mistaken identity, wrongful arrest, false allegations etc. I'm not saying this was the case with Henson (I don't know), but in such cases, "charges are dropped". It's therefore unreasonable to judge him for that incident, IMO.

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 08:35
Why? He broke his hand punching his friends in the face. Just because his friends don't want to press charges, doesn't make it OK for a professional sportsman to rule himself out of his job for a couple of months because he was drunk.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 12:08
Was that confirmed? And do you know the exact circumstances, even if it was?

thomh (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 12:19
Could one of you PM me about the incident you're discussing? I must have missed this.

Grandad (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 12:21

thomh (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 12:35
Thanks. I misread a comment and thought it was an incident involving a Quins player.

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 12:37
Several witness's say it happened, Henson has never denied it.

What else do you want?

Grandad (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 12:47
yeah it were incident after Neath-Swansea Ospreys v Quins match on train

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 13:22
Quote:
Heath Quinn
Several witness's say it happened, Henson has never denied it.
What else do you want?

I think you're confusing "non-denial" with "admission of guilt". Again, there could be many reason for that - maybe the Ospreys blocked him from commenting. And unless the witnesses were experts in various areas, why are you taking their word for it? Think again - would you believe everything you read in the Daily Mail? And did other papers corroborate the story?

Bottom line is that Henson is an easy target, much of which is down to his own doing. Same thing seems to happening with DC. Sadly people then always assume the worst, and always (only) remember the bad stuff.

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 13:39
It was covered in most papers, not just the Mail.

Ospreys did not block him from commenting, as has stated he did not break his hand on the train, and I believe he did apologise for his behaviour on the train.

Exactly what do witness's have to be expert in, as they are only reporting what they saw? Or do you need to have a PHD in criminology before you can say what you see?

The reason I don't believe that he broke his hand in the game, and not on the train, is that there is not a single person at the game who claims to have seen him in any pain.

On top of that a doctor friend of mine, told me that the particular bone he broke is almost impossible to break unless you are throwing a punch. He said you only ever see this broken bone in young men, on a Friday or Saturday night, who claim to have fallen over.

But mostly, in life, if something looks like a duck, smells like a duck and makes a quaking noise, I'm going to call it a duck before we get the results back from the DNA lab.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 13:51
Maybe HQ, maybe. But my point was that everyone remembers the "incident" on the train, but no-one ever reports that charges were dropped!

By the way - I hurt my wrist playing rugby. Bit of treatment, played on, went out that night (as you do). Next morning, off to hospital, x-ray revealed a broken bone! It can happen...

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 13:57
Yes it can, but not that particular bone according to medical experts.

Also, just because he wasn't charged with assault or D & D, doesn't mean he wasn't guilty of both.

Otherwise the fact that hasn't been charged with anything for the "incident" on Flybe at the weekend means he'll be suing The Blues for wrongful dismissal?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 15:05
Doesn't mean he wasn't guilty, doesn't mean he was. And it's not compulsory to sue someone who dismisses you. Besides, we don't know why they dismissed him - there could have been other "incidents" that haven't come to light.

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 15:15
Of course, in fact I imagine there are, as this is Henson we're talking about.

My point is, of which I'm sure your aware, no one, including Henson disputes that he was out of order on the flight, yet he's not been charged. Just like on the train, so not being charged doesn't really mean anything in the context of a professional sportsman and the minimum standard of behaviour.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 16:37
Again, no-one has denied it. But let's be honest, how often do allegations fly about that just aren't true? I'm not saying this allegation is fabricated, but on the other hand if he was generally messing around with a few pals, don't you think it would get blown out of proportion? And besides, I'm sure many players of lesser profile also get up to high jinks/no good (depending how you perceive it), but aren't such tabloid fodder.

I don't doubt that Gav is no saint; I also don't think he's the devil incarnate. Definitely somewhere between the two, and probably nearer the latter though!

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
05 April, 2012 18:09
Quote:
I don't doubt that Gav is no saint; I also don't think he's the devil incarnate.

I've heard his main problem is that he's not the sharpest tool in the box.

BB

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net