Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from GoogleQuins Official SiteDiamond Geezers Website

Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Predictions: AP round 21
Quins4life (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 12:05
With two rounds to go everything hangs on this weekend's fixtures, only game has nothing to do with play-offs or relegation. At the end of it, we could know who will be relegated as well as the top four teams, but we could be looking at a potential very interesting final weekend.

(12th)Falcons Vs Sarries (3rd)

Although, many peoples' minds would rightly presume this should be a 5 pointer for Saracens because the sheer difference in quality between the two squads. However, I don't think Newcastle will win, but they may just secure that all important losing bonus point, which could prove crucial. I was impressed in the manner they won at an imploding Gloucester last week at Kingsholm, and if they show the same desire and spirit then they may just push Saracens all the way.

Prediction; Less than or equal to 7 points difference in Sarries favour.

(8th) Bath Vs Wasps (11th)

This is a very tough game to call due to the disastrous positions both clubs are in. For me, Baths have severly underperformed all season and with the squad they have, they should be winning more games. With McGeechan going, it will be interested to see how motivated the players will be, even though they have an outside chance of top 6. Wasps, debateably, are another underperforming side, but injuries have really been hurting them. Their fit players will want to secure a spot in the Premiership for next season before the final weekend, however, I think it is destined to be decided on the last day, when Wasps and Newcastle meet at Adams Park.

Prediction; Bath by 3 or 4 points

(7th) Gloucester Vs Sale (6th)

Another tough game to call, especially due to the Redpath saga which has risen this week. If Sale win, they will secure Heinekin cup rugby for next season, at the expence of Glucetser. Kingsholm faithful will expect a response to what can only be described as a horrific result for a side who beat Toulouse at home, and I can fully understand the booing at the end, even though I don't think its right. I expect to see a response from Gloucester, even without the departed Redpath, and I think that it may be a day when Gloucester release their rapid backline. I feel Gloucester should win, but Sale could get the bp which may prove useful. (personally, as a Quins fan, a Sale win would be nice to make the final game against us less stressful, due to Sale not necessarily needing to win).

Prediction; Gloucester by 7 or more

(10th) Worcetser Vs L Irish (9th)

This is the only game with nothing riding on it, except the fact that Worcester could leapfrog Irish. Worcester are building for next season though now, and will be relieved to be out of the relegation battle. Irish... well... they are on the slide, and don't seem to be in any rush to changing that. Like Bath, you can argue they have underperformed, but how many of the teams above them can you says they are better than? I think it will be a home win, because Sixways is a hard place to go, and because of the way they "threw" away a victory last week against Exeter.

Prediction; Worcester by about 7

(1st) Harlequins Vs Leicester (2nd)

Pfff... this is hard to call. I do feel that Quins have to play near 100% to win this game, whilst the Tigers could play at 80-90% and could still scrap a win. The key component of the game will be the breakdown and it needs to be reffed well and correctly by Waynes Barnes. If Leicester get away with the streetwise nature of their pack and slow the Quins ball down, then there should be only won winner, Leicester. If Quins get quick ball and use it well, they should cause Leicester's defence some difficulties. Quins need to replicate the Wembley performance and the Toulouse performance to win the game, but I feel they can, and they will just about sneak it. One key thing for Quins is discipline, they won't win by playing rugby from their own half.

Prediction; Quins by less than 7

(4th) Exeter Vs Northampton (5th)

This game has the potenial to be the game of the weekend, and with Saints knowing they have to win to have any chance of top 4, they are going to have to stop a Chiefs side full confidence that they can beat just about anyone. If you had told anyone Premiership rugby fan that Exter would be sat in 4th with two rounds to go, many of them would have laughed. But you can't deny them anything they have achieved. The spirit and determination in the way they scored two tries in two minutes at the death against Worcester to win the game was fenomenal. However, I have a gut feeling that Saints will win this one somehow. I think Mallinder will rally his troops for a fight to do the death, and we may just see that quality side which has disappeared over the last couple of weeks, but Exeter won't make it easy.

Prediction; Northampton by 5 or less

Re: Predictions: AP round 21
19 April, 2012 12:22
Can't argue with much of that!

Adventure before Dementia!

LUMP 03 (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 12:33
No arguments - but have a feeling that Sandy Park will be rocking come end of play Saturday

Salon Generali (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 14:58
The interesting thing is every single one of those games are tight. I wouldn't be confident of betting on any of the outcomes this weekend.

Monte (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 15:07
Very interesting weekend and predictions - I just feel the weather may not help us against Tigers and other matches will be won on the performance of the packs - hope I am wrong. Come on Quins!

Rocker (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 15:18
I wouldn't be comfortable betting the house on any of the weekends results. I think it is one of the nice things about the AP that there really aren't any completely guaranteed results. It makes life a bit more interesting.

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 15:48
Sambo,

(1st) Harlequins Vs Leicester (2nd)

[Pfff... this is hard to call. I do feel that Quins have to play near 100% to win this game, whilst the Tigers could play at 80-90% and could still scrap a win] That's just what Michael Lynagh (get well soon fella) said before the game at Wembley.

I fancy the Chiefs and for some reason, I just think the Falcons will do it. Can't justify it, it's in my water.

Although that would be great for us if Sarries didn't pick up a point and we'd have our home semi sorted.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 15:48
Good analysis. Most games very hard to call. My predictions based on match league points would be

Falcons 1 Sarries 4
Bath 1 Wasps 4
Glaws 4 Sale 1
Wuss 2 Irish 2
Quins 5 (!) Tigers 2
Chiefs 2 Saints 2

Really got no idea about bath, glaws and wuss games, and to be honest I'm not that interested, though I'd like to see wasps stay up so hope they win. Glaws v sale will be interesting as as well as the redpath stuff there have also been lots of rumours of players leaving. Good chance for sale to sneak a win, but at some stage Glaws must surely rediscover the form they showed against toulouse and us (4th time).

Can't see sarries losing. I know we could only manage a draw, but think sarries are much better equipped to deal with falcons style of play.

chiefs game is a really hard one to call. exeter at home are a serious tough side to beat and saints seem to have lost their way, though they have had tough games recently against sarries and tigers

Quins4life (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 16:18
Its interesting many of you think Exeter will win. I do agreee that Exeter are a good side, however I feel that it sort of means more Northampton that they win as I feel they need the win to save the season . Only the most die hard Exeter could argue that they thought Exeter would be in 4th spot, whilst for Northampton its an expectation. The fact that the season will very much be considered a failure for Saints if they don't reach the play-offs I think that will make them prevail in a very tightly fought match.

But I wouldn't be shocked if Exeter did win

Thrupp artist (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 18:39
Good debate - I reckon the Tigers are playing at a different level to everyone else at the moment but you'll be able to prove me wrong. Saints had actually been performing pretty well post WC but were well beaten last weekend making the Exeter game very tasty.

Ellerton (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 21:47
When you say Quins 5 and Tigers 2 you anticipate both sides scoring 4 tries with Quins winning by < 7 points?
Interesting but v unlikely.
I see 2 scenario
EITHER
An over hyped match which fails to catch fire and either side winning but without conviction
OR
Tigers destroying us with a 30 point+ win

quinshead (IP Logged)
19 April, 2012 22:31
I think Geordies will beat sarries Tigers will beatxus and Exeter will beat Northampton apart from that you are spot on

Quins4life (IP Logged)
23 April, 2012 09:51
Well I got 50% of the winners right!! Woop woop... But the predictions I got wrong were quite wrong...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net