Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from GoogleQuins Official SiteDiamond Geezers Website

Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

“Good to Great!” State of the Union 2012 - April 23rd 2012
ComeAllWithin.co.uk (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 16:50
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2012 09:56 by The Prof.

Re: “Good to Great!” State of the Union 2012 - April 23rd 2012
The Prof (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 16:53
Cheers HQ and many thanks to David Ellis for giving up his time too

Monte (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 17:12
Excellent look forward to hearing more at the AGM of the plans for the future.

Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 18:25
Cheers HQ, I'm glad this has continued.

Squid (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 18:59
Interesting. The trick must be to learn from other sports and industries in the UK and abroad.

The Prof (IP Logged)
29 April, 2012 23:05
Interesting that they are looking to get Quins involved in things like childhood obesity or adult literacy. As long as the main focus is always the rugby then I think spreading the Quins name further can only be a good thing.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 09:38
Very interesting read. Thanks to both HQ and DE. A lot of fairly vague management talk but also a lot of sense, and seems like he has a very clear view of where he wants things to go and how to get there. Glad to hear that the plan is to increase capacity at the stoop rather than send more and more games across the road

twickenham yeti (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 09:54
It was refreshing to see that DE has refrained from calling supporters "customers" and that he intends to improve on communication. Three cheers from me to that! It will be interesting to see what solutions he comes up with regarding the overcrowding the the Debenture Lounge and the Members' bar.

Thanks HQ, an interesting interview!(Sm128)

One of the founder members of the Q-GOMC (promoted to Major Grump) – and proud of it - Bah!

ChiddQuin (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 10:12
And update the honours boards?

30 April, 2012 10:22
Thanks HQ. Speaking of us Supporters being more technologically advanced than the Club's currently available resources, I would happily pay a Subscription to be able to watch Quins games (mainly Away Fixtures in my case) live on some sort of Online Feed. The TV Companies have the resource but don't seem to want to sweat it a little.

Adventure before Dementia!

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 10:52
Quote:
deadlyfrom5yardsout
Thanks HQ. Speaking of us Supporters being more technologically advanced than the Club's currently available resources, I would happily pay a Subscription to be able to watch Quins games (mainly Away Fixtures in my case) live on some sort of Online Feed. The TV Companies have the resource but don't seem to want to sweat it a little.

Wouldn't that interfere with what the Premiership Rugby TV site tries to offer? [www.premiershiprugby.tv]

I would guess that the broadcast/streaming rights are negotiated as a block by PRL, so trying to strip out live streaming would mean re-negotiating an existing deal. If the club were to want to have their own streaming site, they could potentially end up having to pay the PRL and/or opposition clubs for the rights...

I would still like to see the website updated and a mobile version be made available. So far only Barf actually have a proper mobile version of their site....

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
30 April, 2012 12:36
Quote:
Fearless Fred
...mobile version be made available. So far only Barf actually have a proper mobile version of their site....

I'd agree with that FF, along with a mobile version of this CAW site...

Also of interest were:-

* The soul of rugby has importance

* the references to re-organising when cup/league matchess are played

* that 8-10 sell outs/season are required to make ground enlargement worthwhile

* sharing facilities with other sports/community

* the need to ensure the Salary cap has teeth

* the unacceptable Thursday/Sunday night scheduling

Glad dialogue is continuing and may it increase...

TurndownthePA (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 10:08
Interesting about the technology angle......mmmm but we still don't have a screen for replays.

Pawlo (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 11:06
thanks HQ - insightful

AdrianQuin (IP Logged)
01 May, 2012 16:44
Harlequins is a world famous club. People in Timbuktu with no interest in rugby (are there any?) recognise the shirt.

Today I downloaded an app about obscure 2000 year old Latin poetry. Why isn't there a Quins app? Glad to hear there may be soon.

Rugby is a massive force for good around the world,being relatively untainted by corruption and greed with which many associate FIFA/wendyball. Quins can be at the forefront of spreading the word. If you're a goatherd in the Hindu Kush being introduced to rugby [www.afghanrugby.com] you'd want to support a famous team and having that digital connection will go a long way.

ChiddQuin (IP Logged)
02 May, 2012 10:16
I wonder how many goatherds in the Hindu Kush have a digital connection! grinning smiley

But, point taken. It will help to spread the Quins name / brand.

Harley Quin (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 21:27
Just want to quickly add my thanks to David for giving up a lot of time on a big match day to do the interview. :-)

Hopefully these type of interviews will continue for many years to come......

The Prof (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 23:23
Thanks to you too HQ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net