Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from GoogleQuins Official SiteDiamond Geezers Website

Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Car parking for semi final
SouthCoastQuin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 10:53
Will parking arrangements be the same as normal or do we have to purchase parking tickets beforehand. Could be a problem as 7's on over the road

Re: Car parking for semi final
GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 11:45
Be an interesting one as the RFU owns the Rosebine so will presmably be using it for the 7s. Just going to have to get to the Stoop by about 10 to park in the ground!

gillquin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 13:00
Just spoken to Ticket Office. David Ellis in talks with RFU. Will know on Tuesday if they will let us have part of the Rosebine.

06 May, 2012 17:46
A word of warning to all those taking cars on Saturday. Many of the roads surrounding the Stoop are in the 'R' controlled parking zone. Zone R only operates on Big Stoop rugby days, so I assume it will be in operation for the 7's. Don't want any Quins fans getting expensive parking fines.

Grandad (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 17:56
if ive stated this once, ive stated it twice, park car around popes grotto a walk, you will feel the 7s and aviva semis fan experience as you walk, and to save brass, oh by the way that's something that got us through the bad days and will again

PickledPelican (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 18:08
7's traffic should be "in" before WE need to arrive...and WE should be heading home (happy) by the time the 7's clears out!

come on you quins

Grandad (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 18:31
London 7s - Twickenham (10:30 - 20:00)

Saturday and Sunday

why bother

DOK (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 20:23
Another useless fact. If you ride a motorbike, you can park in residents bays in the Zone R controlled parking zone. Unfortunately will be going with too many people to fit them on the back of the Honda!

gillquin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2012 21:21
RFU site now says no parking for 7's on Saturday. All parking in the Rosebine for Harlequins at 20.00 per car.

GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2012 17:35
Grandad, however many times you state whatever it is you're stating, I still have absolutely no idea what you're on about.

GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:06
The ever-helpful and frighteningly efficient Gareth Harkin has just confirmed to me that we've got the Rosebine on Saturday so parking arrangements are as normal.

Hurrah!! (Sm152)

The Prof (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:43
Thanks Grubby and Gareth

brfc_quin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:47
So how will the RFU/Rosebine know if a car is a 7s car or a Quins / Saints car?????!!!

Does it really matter?!!! (Sm106)

GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 13:55
Not sure it does brfc. RFU is not selling parking for the Saturday, so anyone who wants to park in the Rosebine will have to shell out 20 for the privilege, unless they're a Quins STH in which case they'll get their usual free parking. I'm assuming that the club will open the Rosebine at about the same time as normal, so the 7s will already have started, so there'll be a limited appeal to the peeps who are going to Big Stoop.

ChiddQuin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 15:45
I don't think STH's will get free parking. This game is not part of our package.

brfc_quin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 15:54
I seeeee!!!!!!!!!!

(Sm138)

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 17:52
Not worth risking.

We're going to leave the car just outside London and take the train.

I think that the Rosebine opens at 09.00 to accomodate the cars for the parents of the kids playing rugby near The Stoop and, if I am right, I can foresee problems on the day.

gillquin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2012 19:10
Many thanks for all helpful suggestions re parking on Sat. Helpful lady at ticket office tells me parking free in the Rosebine if you have a parking season ticket. All people wanting to park in the Rosebine will have to show their ticket for the match to prove they are going to the semi. No 7's people will be allowed to park there.

southquin (IP Logged)
11 May, 2012 17:10
Any clue at what time the Rosebine will open. There should be no prematch minis as that finished at the Leicester game.

I know I should have phoned the club but thought about it too late.

PickledPelican (IP Logged)
11 May, 2012 17:50
car parks & stadium open from 11.30

need to show match tickets to enter rosebine +

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net