Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from GoogleQuins Official SiteDiamond Geezers Website

Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

World club sevens at twickenham
31 May, 2013 06:41
Groups have harlequins listed as competing. Is that right?

Re: World club sevens at twickenham
31 May, 2013 06:41
*groupon

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
31 May, 2013 07:44
where did you see that QTM??

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
31 May, 2013 08:48
From the Torygraph:

The tournament will feature 12 teams, with three Aviva Premiership clubs .... The English clubs are expected to qualify from this seasonís JP Morgan Sevens tournament, with details likely to be confirmed later this month.

Wine Prone Cowboy (IP Logged)
31 May, 2013 09:33
Groupon

Quote:
Groupon Page

Confirmed team list includes:

Harlequins (UK)
Auckland (NZ)
Western Province (SA)
ACT Brumbles (AUS)
Blue Bulls (SA)
Los Angeles (USA)
New York (USA)
Buenos Aires (ARG)
Moscow (RU)

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
31 May, 2013 10:59
I wouldn't get tickets just yet. Ticketmaster only have a few blocks with very limited availability. Given that it's only just been announced, I reckon they're hanging on to the bulk of the tickets until later on in the summer....

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
31 May, 2013 11:14
Not sure Groupon have that correct. As has been said I thought the 3 English sides qualified from the JP 7's tournament. Also the Blue Bulls seem a new team that has been added also.

All will be revealed

Samquin (IP Logged)
31 May, 2013 12:26
I noticed this advertised at the London Sevens at the beginning of the month. I think at the time there was a 2 for 1 deal.

Sounds like it could be an interesting tournament.

04 June, 2013 09:04
It's official, Quins are playing!

Premiership Rugby Announcement

Looks like we'll be sending out first team members too,,,

Maidstone Quin (IP Logged)
04 June, 2013 09:17
They have just put this on facebook, and claim, fitness permitting Care and Brown could play.

04 June, 2013 09:21
Sold

Dave1 (IP Logged)
04 June, 2013 09:25
brown, ugo, chis, lowe, care, guest, wallace

That would be awesome...

04 June, 2013 09:30
I'll almost certainly go! I'd still say wait for a bit to buy the tickets. At the moment, there's very few sections on sale at Ticketmaster. They're bound to open up other better sections closer to the date....

getinquins (IP Logged)
04 June, 2013 09:41
Quote:
Dave1
That would be awesome...

Add Lindsey Hague to that

04 June, 2013 09:46
Dear Quins Marketing,

In order to get us closer to the club put this in the season ticket.

Kind regards
WPC

World Club Sevens
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
04 June, 2013 11:51
So much for having to qualify

[www.quins.co.uk].

Could have a strong team out

Re: World Club Sevens
ArchQuin (IP Logged)
04 June, 2013 12:01
it's because we are local [:wor kid:]

Monte (IP Logged)
04 June, 2013 12:21
Or tickets aren't selling!!!!!!!!!!(Sm100)

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
04 June, 2013 12:24
Quote:
getinquins
Quote:
Dave1
That would be awesome...

Add Lindsey Hague to that

Plus Charlie Walker and Jordan Burns

Quartermaster (IP Logged)
04 June, 2013 13:50
2 for 1 ticket offer currently on Ticketmaster, no promo code required.

04 June, 2013 13:55
Quote:
Quartermaster
2 for 1 ticket offer currently on Ticketmaster, no promo code required.

Yes, but very few seats and not in great locations. I'm waiting for a bit, to see if they free up better seats. (Plus with a holiday coming up, my money's being saved for that!)

DOK (IP Logged)
10 June, 2013 09:05

11 June, 2013 11:21
Well, we're in Pool 3 apparently for this. I do fancy going along to this, but Ticketmaster are still showing only a very few tickets on sale, and not in very good blocks. How long to I leave it before I bite the bullet and book?!?!?

jonf (IP Logged)
11 June, 2013 11:32
Quote:
Wine Prone Cowboy
Dear Quins Marketing,
In order to get us closer to the club put this in the season ticket.

Kind regards
WPC

(Sm128)

Harlequins - the home of great rugby

Arlecchino (IP Logged)
11 June, 2013 12:15
Premiership Rugby today confirmed that the 12 teams in the inaugural World Club 7s will be split into three pools with a series of mouth-watering clashes set to light up Twickenham on 17 and 18 August.

The stellar cast of teams from across the globe will all compete on day one, Saturday, 17 August, before being divided into three Cup competitions on day two, Sunday, 18 August, mirroring elite 7s tournaments around the world.

The pool allocation draw, carried out at Premiership Rugby's headquarters in Twickenham kept the English, American, Russian and South African sides apart on day one.

"I am delighted that we have been able to assemble a who's who of world rugby for the World Club 7s," said Phil Winstanley, the Rugby Director at Premiership Rugby. "This will be a truly elite event as the rugby world builds towards the return of rugby into the Olympics in 2016.

"You can already see the potential for some unforgettable clashes at Twickenham and that's before we get into day two when the different cup competitions will unfold."

The full match schedule will be released tomorrow (Wednesday 10 June) at noon, the time of the first game on 17 August.

Pool A

Winner of J.P. Morgan Premiership Rugby 7s Series
VVA Moscow Region
New York
DHL Western Province

Pool B

Buenos Aires
Northampton Saints
San Francisco *
Vodacom Blue Bulls

* The second American team is now San Francisco

Pool C

ACT Brumbies
Auckland
Harlequins
Kuban Krasnador

At the conclusion of the Pool matches, the teams in each Pool will be ranked 1 to 4. The top two from each of the three Pools will qualify automatically for the Cup Quarter-Finals and the remaining two Cup Quarter-Final places will be given to the two highest ranked third placed teams from the three pools.

The teams placed 9 to 12 following the Pool matches will play in the Shield.

To buy tickets for the World Club 7s please head to [tinyurl.com]

Nunquam Dormio

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
11 June, 2013 14:39
Wonder what kind of side the Aussies, Kiwis and S Africans will put out??

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
11 June, 2013 15:04
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Wonder what kind of side the Aussies, Kiwis and S Africans will put out??

Well the Super 15 will be over but I think the "Rugby Championship" starts on the same day.

BB

DOK (IP Logged)
11 June, 2013 15:13

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
11 June, 2013 15:40
Could be some good players on show.

Wouldn't mind seeing

Botica
OLH
Walker
Burns
Care
Chisholm
Ward
Trayfoot
Wallace
Clifford

I know that is missing some of the "Star" players but I think that is a decent Sevens squad. Plenty of pace in there.

11 June, 2013 15:45
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Could be some good players on show.
Wouldn't mind seeing

Botica
OLH
Walker
Burns
Care
Chisholm
Ward
Trayfoot
Wallace
Clifford

I know that is missing some of the "Star" players but I think that is a decent Sevens squad. Plenty of pace in there.

I think OLH is nailed on for inclusion provided he's fit. Given his 7s experience with the England squad, it's a done deal.

I would think of maybe swapping Tom Guest for Dave Ward, but can't argue with any of the rest of them. Out of interest, how many players are allowed in a squad?

Jus-Quin-Time (IP Logged)
11 June, 2013 17:06
Just back from a few weeks in the USA. I was surprised to see a great deal of rugby 7's coverage on the sports TV channels. There is a strong college competition and the standard is high so you can expect the US teams to be quite competitive.

Something I have never seen before - female referees. I don't have a problem with that but the individuals concerned seemed to have difficulty keeping up with the pace of the sevens game.

12 June, 2013 08:40
Actually, having lurked on the Broncos message board, something said there has raised an interesting point for us on that w/e....

At the moment, we play the first of our home Pre-Season Friendlies on the 16th against London Scottish. If we're then going to be fielding a good side in the WC7s the following 2 days, our selections for London Scottish may be rather biased. Would we prefer to have Luke Wallace getting a run out captaining the squad against London Scottish or as a part of the WC7s squad? The friendly agains LS would be great for him to build on his leadership skills, but he would be a great part of af a 7s squad. Similarly, I'd expect either OLH or Chis to be playing in the friendly at full-back, but I's also want them in the 7s team, particularly OLH goven his experience on the international stage.

Now, the Broncos have the last home game at The Stoop on the Saturday of the WC7s. Would it not be better to let the Broncos have the friday night for their game, and then do both Friendlies as a "Double header" on the 24th like we did last season?

SiBolton (IP Logged)
12 June, 2013 08:53
Yep your point re- the Scottish game makes sense
But we also have to bear in mind that sevens will only suit some of the squad ( the quick ones)

Also I tried via ticketmaster last night on the ''2-4-1'' promo, but very few tickets and no mention on getting extra ticket, so gave up

12 June, 2013 09:12
I wouldn't want any 7s tournament get in the way of preparation for the Premiership, so would rather the likes of Brown & Care (as mention by COS in article), Botica, Chisolme, & Wallace (as mentioned above) were prioritised for that. And I think the pre-season friendly against LS would serve that better. But COS knows best.

There may also be an element of obligation to sponsors, putting bums on seats to be considered.

12 June, 2013 09:42
Quote:
Wine Prone Cowboy
I wouldn't want any 7s tournament get in the way of preparation for the Premiership, so would rather the likes of Brown & Care (as mention by COS in article), Botica, Chisolme, & Wallace (as mentioned above) were prioritised for that. And I think the pre-season friendly against LS would serve that better. But COS knows best.
There may also be an element of obligation to sponsors, putting bums on seats to be considered.

Well, as you say, CoS and Premiership Rugby are making a play about big names being present for the WC7s. I'd like to see us move the Friday night game to the following w/e. Put out a competitive squad for the WC7s, including the likes of Care, Chisholm, Wallace, etc. Then the following week, they can play in either of the friendlies.

poorfour (IP Logged)
12 June, 2013 10:10
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Robshaw and any other first xv who haven't toured play against LS. They will have had a couple of months off and will need the match fitness.

Based on what we used to do for the Middlesex 7s, I'd expect COS to pick a squad to be competitive, but also to give a run out to those who need it. Anyone else remember Easter's 7s appearance?

DOK (IP Logged)
14 June, 2013 16:21
Saturday schedule now released
12:58	Harlequins v ACT Brumbies
15:28	Harlequins v Kuban Krasnador
18:17	Harlequins v Auckland

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
14 June, 2013 17:18
We could have Wallace in the 7s and the give Skinner a game against LS, get in him back gently.

Also we could have Care and Burns at the 7s and use KD and Stuart against LS.

As said above, apart from PDJ, Marler, RB and Brown the whole squad is getting a great rest in this pre season (and lets face it RB has not played for England and PDJ has only been on the bench).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net