Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: JTH in the dock for assault
Mayor West (IP Logged)
29 June, 2015 19:40
No Jammy, It's having to deal with the general public for 30yrs and how they get their own back when things don't go their way. It's alright now as I don't have to anymore. I think it's called being streetwise. In case your wondering it was working in retail and dealing with various shoplifters who know how to work the system.

Lewy135 (IP Logged)
29 June, 2015 21:54
Quote:
FatQuin
Wow. He is still going. You have stamina if (absolutely) nothing else Lew Lew.

Wow. He is still going. You have stupidity if (absolutely) nothing else Fatty.

poorfour (IP Logged)
29 June, 2015 22:21
Gregory, I never mentioned provocation. I'll defer to your legal knowledge, but I thought that if you were subject to an assault you were entitled to defend yourself, and that afforded you some protection for any injuries caused. It's conceivable that someone of JTH's size and strength could cause that kind of damage while fighting off an attacker. That was certainly part of OLH's defence.

Rodney, unless you know the circumstances it's still a bit much to tar anyone involved in a fight in a nightclub as scummy. Several times I've seen people who are determined to pick a fight and there's not much you can do about it short of leaving before it kicks off.

I was once nearly in a fight with a Celtic fan at a tube station because he didn't like the colour of my scarf. Only when he got me backed up against the ticket machine and realised I was twice his size did he back down ("...and my, look how big and tall you are"). But I couldn't have avoided the fight if he'd really wanted it. I'd hope you wouldn't tar me with the epithet scumbag if it had.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
29 June, 2015 22:51
Quote:
Mayor West
No Jammy, It's having to deal with the general public for 30yrs and how they get their own back when things don't go their way. It's alright now as I don't have to anymore. I think it's called being streetwise. In case your wondering it was working in retail and dealing with various shoplifters who know how to work the system.

OK smiling smiley

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
29 June, 2015 23:12
Quote:
poorfour
Gregory, I never mentioned provocation. I'll defer to your legal knowledge, but I thought that if you were subject to an assault you were entitled to defend yourself, and that afforded you some protection for any injuries caused. It's conceivable that someone of JTH's size and strength could cause that kind of damage while fighting off an attacker. That was certainly part of OLH's defence.
Rodney, unless you know the circumstances it's still a bit much to tar anyone involved in a fight in a nightclub as scummy. Several times I've seen people who are determined to pick a fight and there's not much you can do about it short of leaving before it kicks off.

I was once nearly in a fight with a Celtic fan at a tube station because he didn't like the colour of my scarf. Only when he got me backed up against the ticket machine and realised I was twice his size did he back down ("...and my, look how big and tall you are"). But I couldn't have avoided the fight if he'd really wanted it. I'd hope you wouldn't tar me with the epithet scumbag if it had.

There are of course situations when one could be involved in a fight at 3am at a club which, I believe, has a pretty grotty reputation, which were completely not your fault. I'm happy to stand by my remarks on the balance of probability though.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
30 June, 2015 10:22
This is still going huh?

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
30 June, 2015 12:04
Quote:
blucherquin
This is still going huh?

Well, you are doing your bit to help!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
30 June, 2015 13:31
Quote:
Duncan Beaumont
Quote:
blucherquin
This is still going huh?

Well, you are doing your bit to help!

That's a fair point....oh hold on...i've done it again

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 June, 2015 15:02
Now just stop, ok?

johnlid (IP Logged)
30 June, 2015 15:53
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Now just stop, ok?

ditto, RR

Boonie (IP Logged)
03 July, 2015 10:25
So - if he did it, he deserves to be properly censured. If he didn't, he deserves to be exonerated.

We don't know if he did or didn't, as none of us were there, and don't know the circumstances.

I hope he was not involved/guilty and that this is all put behind him. If he was/is, it was a stupid thing to do and I would expect him to face the appropriate consequences.

The rest of this thread provides some light amusement in places, and some genuinely weird responses in others. Hey ho, that's the off season for you...

===================================================
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
22 July, 2015 21:30
The big day tomorrow.

4everhopePhil (IP Logged)
23 July, 2015 18:41
From The Argus:

The Harlequins centre, who announced on Wednesday that he had retired due to injury, appeared at Brighton Magistrates Court alongside another defendant – James Fairhall – this afternoon.

Turner-Hall, 27, of Creek Road, East Molesey, Surrey, has been charged with causing actual bodily harm and inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent.

Fairhall, 26, of Grove Hill, Brighton, has been charged with causing actual bodily harm, inflicting grievous bodily harm with intent and perverting the course of justice.

Magistrates said the case would have to be referred to Lewes Crown Court on August 20 because of Fairhall’s perverting the course of justice charge.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
23 July, 2015 19:46
How ridiculous. Surely Jordan should be tried separately by the magistrates? The PCoJ charge is nothing to do with the alleged assault.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
23 July, 2015 20:13
Quote:
RodneyRegis
How ridiculous. Surely Jordan should be tried separately by the magistrates? The PCoJ charge is nothing to do with the alleged assault.

Argus is wrong

GBH with intent carries a prison sentence of between 3 years and life - magistrates can't sentence to more than 6 months.

It's an automatic crown court trial.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
23 July, 2015 21:14
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Argus is wrong

GBH with intent carries a prison sentence of between 3 years and life - magistrates can't sentence to more than 6 months.

It's an automatic crown court trial.

Gotcha. I thought it was a crown court matter in the first place.

So does that mean minimum tariff of 3 years (or half for good behaviour) if he's found guilty of the GBH w. intent charge?

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
23 July, 2015 22:08
3 years would be the minimum without taking any mitigating or aggravating factors into account. I'm not sure why they've been charged with both ABH and GBH with intent - maybe to have something to fall back on, as I imagine GBH with intent is difficult to prove.

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
25 July, 2015 11:50
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
I'm not sure why they've been charged with both ABH and GBH with intent - maybe to have something to fall back on

I am guessing here but there may be two victims in the same incident

Grins (IP Logged)
26 August, 2015 09:51
I thought his court date was 20th August? Anyone hear what happened?

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
26 August, 2015 13:38
Lewes Crown Court records

Doesn't seem to be online - maybe it's not been heard yet, the jury is yet to return a verdict, or it's still being processed?

Grins (IP Logged)
26 August, 2015 14:10
Thanks for the link. There seems to be a case on the 20th with two case numbers and the name redacted, so maybe that is it and the trial is ongoing?

pat-the-paddy (IP Logged)
26 August, 2015 15:46
It seems that of Rodney is attacked in a club he just gets hit and accepts it.

I guess he would do the same I someone attacked his wife. No need to defend her that would be scummy behaviour. If I was attacked i would defend myself I see no issue with that, clearly Road does.

The law is that self defence is fine and that also means if a person thinks that are in danger of being attacked they are entitled to get in first. Again I have no issue with that.

If I was in the trenches and had to choose between having JTH next to me or Rodney I know who I would choose.

Rod sounds like a pacifistic geek.

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
26 August, 2015 16:10
Give it a rest p-t-p

This thread is old, and your attempts to stir up a reaction are dull.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
26 August, 2015 18:36
Quote:
InsertQuinsPunHere
Give it a rest p-t-p
This thread is old, and your attempts to stir up a reaction are dull.

Very, very dull.

BB

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
27 August, 2015 01:14
Oh dear

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
27 August, 2015 08:54
Quote:
Grins
Thanks for the link. There seems to be a case on the 20th with two case numbers and the name redacted, so maybe that is it and the trial is ongoing?

Guessing here but I'd suggest that this either involves children or is sensitive for another reason. I doubt it's the case that we're interested in.

Grins (IP Logged)
27 August, 2015 11:36
Quote:
NicoWilson
Quote:
Grins

Guessing here but I'd suggest that this either involves children or is sensitive for another reason. I doubt it's the case that we're interested in.

That makes more sense than my version. I'll just have to be patient...

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 08:33

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 10:45
So no one knows what the fight was about, both sides threw punches but because one beat up the other they're guilty? Strange verdict.

I don't condone violence and recent cases have proved that one punch can alter someone's life for ever but some of these decisions are bizarre.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 16:40
How did this get dredged up?

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 16:22
It got bumped because he was acquitted.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 16:30
A year ago.

Cookie (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 17:11
Ex-player who retired 2 years ago found not guilty a year ago.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Harlequins Poll

Is a poll here a stupid idea?

See results > Submit >>