Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Prediction League
Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
24 August, 2016 16:19
A new season brings with it a new prediction league to enjoy.I have taken over from Stooperman for this season and have posted the confirmed fixtures so we can now make a start. For all the regular participants good luck and to all of the newbies who might give it a go for the first time. It really is very easy to play, just make your prediction for each match and see how wrong you can be!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2016 23:10 by DOK.

Re: Prediction League
jonf (IP Logged)
24 August, 2016 20:20
Thanks, I'm back in the league this season after a season out...good luck all!

Harlequins - the home of great rugby

Stooperman (IP Logged)
24 August, 2016 20:44
Right, the gloves are off.

I'm going to beat 1908 this year, that's all that matters (Sm137)

Seriously, join up folks and support Phil who is running it this year. Its free, its fun and there will be prizes - all donated by Phil of course (Sm128)

24 August, 2016 21:02
Quote:
Stooperman
Right, the gloves are off.
I'm going to beat 1908 this year, that's all that matters (Sm137)

Seriously, join up folks and support Phil who is running it this year. Its free, its fun and there will be prizes - all donated by Phil of course (Sm128)

The prize that I was awarded for winning last term has been put aside for the winner.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
25 August, 2016 10:18
Thanks for running it BB , I'll give it my best shot , but too many years experience tells me I'll not be troubling the top of the table !...

27 August, 2016 17:52
Only 8 predictions so far, hopefully hordes of you are hanging back to see what the teams are.

1908 (IP Logged)
28 August, 2016 08:50
Dream on, Stooperman!

My Cornish cunning will be too much for you. Two firsts and a third in the last three years show how much I have benefited from the Lottery funding. I have been training hard on Tribute, pasties and clotted cream. And now that the Stadium is finally getting built Team 1908 is in prime condition. Watch out.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
28 August, 2016 16:31
Quote:
Dream on, Stooperman!
My Cornish cunning will be too much for you. Two firsts and a third in the last three years show how much I have benefited from the Lottery funding. I have been training hard on Tribute, pasties and clotted cream. And now that the Stadium is finally getting built Team 1908 is in prime condition. Watch out.

I am confident that the anti-doping investigation into the pasties will result in an immediate 3 year ban, and I will be visiting the South West in September when I fully intend to drink all remaining supplies of Tribute smiling smiley

1908 (IP Logged)
28 August, 2016 21:31
Coming anywhere near Cornwall, Stooperman?

28 August, 2016 23:02
13 predictions to date, all showing a home win for Quins. All of you not yet given it a try, come on and step up to the mark, lets see if we can get at least 20 players.

Robertquin (IP Logged)
29 August, 2016 08:39
Is there a set of instructions on what to do? For example is it all matches or just premiership games? To whom should predicted scores be sent and do you send in predicted scores weekly before each match (if so how far ahead) ? I'd quite like a go. I'm sure this is all set out somewhere but if I can be pointed in the right direction I'd be grateful. Cheers.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
29 August, 2016 11:02
That's a good point, is it accessible via the mobile site? I can't seem to find it on my phone.

29 August, 2016 12:12
I have to say that I cannot see it on the mobile site, perhaps DOK might be able to answer that one.
PQ, to play just select Prediction League from the drop down menu and the current league table will be displayed with a list down the right hand side showing the predictions for the next match. Just select MyPlredictions from the list and add your prediction. You can predict all matches shown at this time or just enter them weekly when you can take in account teams, weather etc.All competitive matches count and I will post more when date/time are confirmed. Hope you give it a go, as I said before it is amazing how far out you can be but still pick up points. Lol

DOK (IP Logged)
29 August, 2016 15:02
Well, if you type in m.rugbynetwork.net/predict/s98.htm or click here then you'll find the prediction page. It doesn't seem optimised for mobiles, so depending on how good your mobile is may dictate how useable it is.

Robertquin (IP Logged)
29 August, 2016 15:30
Thanks chaps I'll give it a whirl.

29 August, 2016 18:01
20 predictions to date, come on all you waverers, give it a go, plenty of time left.
Nobody yet giving Bristol a chance!

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
29 August, 2016 19:18
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy

To be fair, BB, this is probably the most optimistic point of the season for us; anyone thinking we might lose to Bristol now is in a very dark place. smiling smiley

BB

29 August, 2016 19:37
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy

To be fair, BB, this is probably the most optimistic point of the season for us; anyone thinking we might lose to Bristol now is in a very dark place. smiling smiley

Agreed, just trying to recruit a few more players, mind you, somebody out there ...

Robertquin (IP Logged)
29 August, 2016 19:47
I'm doing my best but when I get to the prediction page it won't let me enter anything. I'll try on the laptop later.

ChiddQuin (IP Logged)
30 August, 2016 10:57
I'd just like to point out (with tongue firmly in cheek) that last year, on adjusted results, I beat 1908. If you take into account the five times I forgot to enter a score and compensate by adding in my average score over the other matches my total came to more than his!

Moral of this story? Don't forget to put your scores in!

So I have been training on a diet of local produce just like 1908, but being a Quin mine is a bit more upmarket winking smiley Nyetimber, Selsea crab and Goodwood cheddar.

Here's hoping for a fair fight!

1908 (IP Logged)
30 August, 2016 23:31
Selsea crab!!

Good God, man. No wonder you finished below me. Try some Newlyn crab. Firm, meaty and tasty......rather like our Jack Nowell.

Nyetimber...are you building a shed? If so I have some Cornish elm you can have.

Best of luck for this season. Hope that Kingston can get you in the top 4.....something that I don't think the Pirates will be this year. Anyway, roll on Saturday.

ChiddQuin (IP Logged)
31 August, 2016 10:39
Have had some trouble accessing the prediction league as the drop down menu doesn't seem to work at present. I click on it and nothing happens.

I followed the link DOK put above and the page opened in a new tab.

31 August, 2016 16:46
Good turn out this season, 33 predictions to date, let's see if we can get to 40.

02 September, 2016 14:00
Looks like a bumper turn out with 40 predictions to date, still time to add to the total, anyone still wavering, come on and give it a go.

02 September, 2016 17:59
Interestingly nearly 20% on the Brizzle site are predicting an away win and most others expect a close score. Hopefully they are all well off the mark.

03 September, 2016 22:18
So Yorkie is our early leader by one point, a much closer result than many of us predicted and much closer to the "impossible" away win that some of the Brizz supporters were predicting.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
04 September, 2016 06:00
We are 4th in the league with one game of the weekend to go.

I predict that this is the highest we get all season.

Anyone like to bet me a pint?

05 September, 2016 22:03
Don't forget it is a Friday night match this week so get your predictions completed in good time.

DOK (IP Logged)
06 September, 2016 09:52
Good point - I may wish to amend my rampant optimism given last week's performance!

ChiddQuin (IP Logged)
09 September, 2016 11:30
Wow. Someone is predicting Sale to win 100-12. Typo maybe? Did you mean 10-12?

09 September, 2016 17:49
Quote:
ChiddQuin
Wow. Someone is predicting Sale to win 100-12. Typo maybe? Did you mean 10-12?

I imagine they did, hope they spot it in time.

Quins supporters seem generally optimistic despite the performance last week, hoping for a positive reaction I suppose. Prediction League not running on the Sale board so not able to see how they think the game will go.

10 September, 2016 13:09
adst is sitting on top of the table after two matches with 16 points and I also note that stooperman is "comfortably" ahead of 1908 at this early stage.
Pretty dire performance by Quins last night managing to total endless penalties against as well as two yellow and one red cards. Difficult to feel any optimism about the trip to Exeter next week. Anyhow, life goes on so don`t forget to enter next weeks predictions in good time.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
10 September, 2016 14:09
Thanks BB...1908 is always a slow starter, but the slow release carbs from the Tribune and pasties mean that he always finishes strongly!

I note that several, nay many Quins think that Exeter are gonna stick 30+ on us next week. I wonder what the coaching team will do to shake things up in the meantime?

1908 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2016 12:08
I'm still emotionally fragile after the Brexit vote. Will us Cornish still be welcome
in England after that. It's affecting my predictions. Need more Tribute and pasties to overcome my worries.

16 September, 2016 17:23
Still seven of you to record predictions, don`t forget.

17 September, 2016 08:48
Last reminder to post your predictions before I set off for Exeter, we are still three short of a full house.

20 September, 2016 10:20
Top two changed places after the Exeter game with Salon Generali now topping the table with Stooperman slipping in to the third spot.I have managed to hang on to twenty third position but beware, I am usually off the pace at the start of the season.Very impressive with the top 10 all averaging at least 6 points per game. Next week is going to be a difficult call!

Salon Generali (IP Logged)
24 September, 2016 10:41
I really really hope I am not top tomorrow. But difficult to believe our fortunes will change this afternoon.

24 September, 2016 12:32
Come on you predictors, still 5 short of a full house, I know it might be painful actually writing down what you think the score will be.

24 September, 2016 20:51
Third week running that I have been unable to update the prediction league table on a Saturday, it could be a different looking table when the score is added.

25 September, 2016 09:15
Well done SG, still top but only 5 points covering the first 26 places.

01 October, 2016 17:28
Still 8 short of a full house of predictions for the Wasps match.

02 October, 2016 18:57
Latest result posted, top 10 starting to pull away a little.

1908 (IP Logged)
04 October, 2016 22:11
Bit like the Premiership table, Bedfordshire Boy!

adst (IP Logged)
05 October, 2016 10:26
still early days - nothing in it from 1-34

07 October, 2016 16:40
Still 7 short of a full house of predictions, most people anticipating (hoping for) a home win.

10 October, 2016 18:05
Just a reminder that the game is Thursday this week, get those predictions posted.

22 October, 2016 11:02
6 of you out there have still not posted a prediction, only a few hours left.

24 October, 2016 15:17
Kevkew was the big winner this week scoring 7 points to leap to the top of the table but still remains close, the scoreline caught a lot of us out.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
24 October, 2016 16:00
Well done Yorkie for correctly predicting the winners of the 1st 8 matches ....

24 October, 2016 16:33
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin
Well done Yorkie for correctly predicting the winners of the 1st 8 matches ....

+1 thumbs down

29 October, 2016 21:16
adst was the big winner this week by opening up a 6 point lead over the rest of the pack with the next 13 places all within 4 points of each other. Kevkew last weeks leader scored no points at all so things can change very quickly.

11 November, 2016 15:54
Remember the match is tonight, get your predictions recorded.

adst (IP Logged)
20 November, 2016 17:00
oh dear ; got that one wrong ! room at the top folks! second half didnt turn up!

20 November, 2016 21:29
adst I think your lead s safe enough, I will enter the result and we will see.

27 November, 2016 19:42
Looks like adst is being hunted down now.

04 December, 2016 14:20
Only minutes left now for your predictions for the Falcons match.

04 December, 2016 18:05
Not many points scored this week.

1908 (IP Logged)
07 December, 2016 22:08
Hey Stooperman......you on drugs or what?

Coming up to Christmas and you are 10 points up on me.

I'm sure that Bedfordshire said that because I am an ethnic minority I would get a 15 point start.....

Need to up the training and increase the Tribute and pasties intake.

ChiddQuin (IP Logged)
08 December, 2016 11:03
More worrying is that I am 10 points behind you 1908. The Nyetimber and Selsea crab diet obviously isn't working!

Stooperman (IP Logged)
08 December, 2016 17:06
Quote:
Hey Stooperman......you on drugs or what?
Coming up to Christmas and you are 10 points up on me.

I'm sure that Bedfordshire said that because I am an ethnic minority I would get a 15 point start.....

Need to up the training and increase the Tribute and pasties intake.

My cod liver oil pills have been cleared by the International Olympic Committee! I suspect that last years performance was hampered by too much fruit and vegetable intake, so this year I have committed to an increase in carbohydrates and fats.

I have it on good authority that as part of the Brexit negotiations, Cornwall is in fact being sold to Tuscany in exchange for a case of chianti, some olives and a used Fiat Panda. As an Italian, you will be subject to import duties of 20% per prediction!(Sm109)

However, I am still fully expecting you to overhaul me before the end of the season!

Cheers, Stooperman

1908 (IP Logged)
08 December, 2016 23:18
Not so sure I'll get you this season, Stoopers.

Quins are so inconsistent this year it's much more difficult to predict. I think you must have a Cornishman up in the smoke helping you out. Selling us off to Italy is a good idea. I could sell my fish to them....no problem

ChiddQuin....you are a gastronomic heathen. Selsea crab is the KFC of the crustacean world.

Anyway I haven't time to talk to you two. I have to find out about Quins next opponents. I need a 10 pointer this week.

10 December, 2016 15:09
Stooperman really breathing down the neck of adst now, looks like 1908 is going to need all of a 15 point handicap to stay in contention!

adst (IP Logged)
10 December, 2016 16:51
Nothing like a nice beery breath down your neck ...scrum boys rule!

Stooperman (IP Logged)
10 December, 2016 18:40
I may have peaked too early!

10 December, 2016 20:09
It is the new sense of freedom you have since giving up administering the prediction league.

1908 (IP Logged)
11 December, 2016 22:01
Must be some massive doping on an industrial scale going down in the Twickenham area. Bleddy posh drug addicts. Wouldn't be surprised if Stooperman and adst are getting backing from the Kremlin.

How is a poor fish merchant from Newlyn meant to compete with that?

Will drown my sorrows in Tribute.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
12 December, 2016 09:00
Quote:
Must be some massive doping on an industrial scale going down in the Twickenham area. Bleddy posh drug addicts. Wouldn't be surprised if Stooperman and adst are getting backing from the Kremlin.
How is a poor fish merchant from Newlyn meant to compete with that?

Will drown my sorrows in Tribute.

I admit it, I have been snorting Russian caviar through rolled up £50 notes. Must remind the butler to get some more!

17 December, 2016 21:54
After 7 weeks at the top of the table, adst has finally been overtaken, our new leader is Stooperman.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
18 December, 2016 11:50
Grr, I predicted 64 points for Quins - good luck to everyone for the big Game. Will it be a repeat of last years point a minute festival, or will the two teams have worked each other out?

24 December, 2016 11:53
Merry Christmas to all, still a few to post their predictions for Tuesday.

1908 (IP Logged)
24 December, 2016 18:27
Merry Christmas to you all from deepest, darkest Cornwall.

No chance of any snow. (I've heard that Stooperman can get you some...)

Let's wish in the New Year with a top 4 finish for the Quins and Pirates.

28 December, 2016 18:49
I have entered the match score from BG9 but for some reason cannot seem to select Prediction League at the moment.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
29 December, 2016 11:56
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
I have entered the match score from BG9 but for some reason cannot seem to select Prediction League at the moment.

Glad its not just me then! The best way to enter a score at the moment.. until Sportnetwork fix this is to go to the link thats posted near the beginning of this thread

30 December, 2016 18:30
Prediction League table now displaying, very little change at the top.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Harlequins Poll

Is a poll here a stupid idea?

See results > Submit >>