rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Prediction League
1908 (IP Logged)
07 January, 2017 21:38
Stooperman........turn your music down. All I can hear is Mike and the Mechanics playing "Looking back, over my shoulder"

Happy New Year to you, old boy. I'm coming to get you.

Robertquin (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 00:55
I must say that I am enjoying this league. Thank you for organising it.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 10:52
^^ Agreed Robertquin.

And, 1908...I can see that tractor approaching in my rear view mirror, and if it wasn't for the blasted caravan in front of me!!!

Happy New Year to you friend and good luck to the Pirates in 2017.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
08 January, 2017 18:07
Quote:
Robertquin
I must say that I am enjoying this league. Thank you for organising it.

Thanks. It was successfully run by Stooperman for many years so just doing my stint to keep it going.

adst (IP Logged)
15 January, 2017 12:26
aaah! just like the team .. i'm on the slide
how can we predict when the team are abject!
oh dear!

23 January, 2017 13:00
A good week for Stooperman who is once again leading the field.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
23 January, 2017 13:50
I hate for myself for going against the team, but I had a feeling we were going to get stuffed in Paris! Not that confident about Worcester at the moment...

DOK (IP Logged)
23 January, 2017 14:53
Not sure we could beat Rosslyn Park away at the moment! smiling smiley

1908 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2017 17:16
Watch out Stooperman.

Your new prop is my secret agent.

26 January, 2017 18:01
Looks as though you are need of his help this year 1908.

1908 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2017 17:16
That tractor in your wing mirror is getting closer, Stooperman. Tyler....the cheque is in the post.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
31 January, 2017 17:36
This Prediction League is quite fascinating . This is the 1st time Ive got involved and enjoy trying to work it out , but it is so tough to get an exact score isn't it.

Quick mental maths show about 750 stabs on our table without success , I was then minded to look at some other clubs leagues to see how we shaped up , and a couple of things were evident .

Firstly this one seems to be the biggest and best supported ,secondly everyone else at Bath , Tigers and Exeter have bombed out as well , Sarries actually have one chap that has picked a correct score , but only one chap and only once !

The funny thing was to see someone with a Harlequin epithet topping the Tigers table , and several others who get involved on all of them .

Great fun . well done BB for organising .

31 January, 2017 17:46
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin
This Prediction League is quite fascinating . This is the 1st time Ive got involved and enjoy trying to work it out , but it is so tough to get an exact score isn't it.
Quick mental maths show about 750 stabs on our table without success , I was then minded to look at some other clubs leagues to see how we shaped up , and a couple of things were evident .

Firstly this one seems to be the biggest and best supported ,secondly everyone else at Bath , Tigers and Exeter have bombed out as well , Sarries actually have one chap that has picked a correct score , but only one chap and only once !

The funny thing was to see someone with a Harlequin epithet topping the Tigers table , and several others who get involved on all of them .

I really enjoy it so was glad to take over when Stooperman decided that he had run it for long enough, perhaps when it comes time for me to bow out, you might like to give it a go? As you say great fun but equally frustrating.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
31 January, 2017 22:12
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin

I really enjoy it so was glad to take over when Stooperman decided that he had run it for long enough, perhaps when it comes time for me to bow out, you might like to give it a go? As you say great fun but equally frustrating.

Well. I have been playing for 6 or 7 years I think, and I have managed an exact prediction once! So thats an average of 30 ish games per year, multiplied by 6 or so. Lets call it 200 games I have tried to predict and been right once!

I think that one of the great things about rugby is that you can score 3, 5 or 7 points when you successfully raid enemy territory. Football is 1 or nothing, basketball is 2 or 3 I think. the only sport with a similarly complex scoring system is American Football.

The key thing about being competitve in the prediction league is having a feel for the rough magnitude of the scores - e.g. LV teams are less competent both offensively and defensively, Fench teams in European competition are fabulous at home and useless away, 6 day turnarounds, injuries and suspensions can affect scoring.

Alternatively, write a range of scores on bits of paper, stick them on a dartboard and throw two arrows! It probably works just as well!

All good fun...despite that tractor in the rear view mirror! I keep thinking of Duel for some reason smiling smiley

1908 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2017 22:45
At least you didn't put Deliverance, Stooperman!!

The only squealing you'll hear is the tyres on my David Brown burning rubber.

Got to echo all the praises being sung about the prediction league. I managed two correct score predictions last year. I can feel another one coming along Stoops old boy.

04 February, 2017 09:29
Not many points scored this week.

25 March, 2017 12:02
Both boards unanimous in predicting a home win today.

08 April, 2017 22:21
We had a new player this week, Margot, who scored 9 points, well done you. Going to take a big effort to knock Stooperman off of the top of the pile this season!

Stooperman (IP Logged)
10 April, 2017 16:47
I don't recommend sitting on top of the pile, anyone got any ointment?

Salon Generali (IP Logged)
11 April, 2017 17:54
I am trying hard...but the team has stopped listening to me.

06 May, 2017 22:51
So that`s it folks all, over for the 2016/2017 season.

Many congratulations to Stooperman for easily hanging onto the top spot for most of this term for which he is awarded ....... the chance to spend the whole summer basking in glory!

Stooperman (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 23:13
THanks for organising it BB.

See you all next term for some more light hearted competition.

I'm off to start my summer training camp which will involve a strict regime of pies and ale.

Cheers

Stooperman

Salon Generali (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 10:24
Congrats, King Stooperman and many thanks BB.
I shall sign up Tarot cards next year as tea-leaves didn't perform to my satisfaction

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 09:44
Well done Stooperman , and thanks to BB for organising

What have I learnt ? , don't put down a score early in the week and then change it when you see the teams in some vague pretence that I actually know what Im doing !..

Have a good break ..(Sm128)

adst (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 16:22
congrats Stoopean !
we tried ! and the team were a little inconsistent this year
well done

DOK (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 09:43
Next year a bit more head and a bit less heart, I think!

03 June, 2017 10:57
Only 13 weeks to go, hope you can all contain yourselves.

1908 (IP Logged)
04 June, 2017 21:43
Well done Stooperman. A deserved winner.

I am going to have to redouble my Cornish cunning for next season. More pasties and Tribute over the summer is my training regime. Thanks BB for running it all. I shall try again next season

Have a great summer everyone.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net