rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Care to Bath?
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
28 February, 2017 15:58
Rumours again.

[www.rugbynetwork.net]

Very complimentary in the main. Hope it's wrong.

Re: Care to Bath?
T-Bone (IP Logged)
28 February, 2017 16:33
Hope not. Getting rather concerned by the persistence of these rumours. Not convinced by Morris as long term replacement for Brown. Certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now and hopefully he'll turn into an excellent player, but if Brown is off we need proven quality in now, and someone who can be a leader on and off the pitch too, as Brown would appear to be.

Same goes for care. Mulchrone is nowhere near Danny's standard, though I do like him and think he could be a good back up given more time. Even though Danny has been fairly poor for us this season (though not for England) he is still class, and we'd need to replace him with similar class. Lewis and Mulchrone, decent as they may be (I know nothing of Lewis) are not that level. I hope that Waters can stake a claim for a first team spot next season. It's about time we brought through a decent academy half back. Maybe Land and Waters are the ones

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
28 February, 2017 19:14
Chris Brooker has beaten him...

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Fanski (IP Logged)
01 March, 2017 15:48
I would not blame him at all if he goes. If I was Danny I would want to play for a club that had a chance of challenging to win the title and play in the non micky mouse euro competition.

When he looks at the probability of having Jackson outside him, the worst FH I have seen at Quins and IMHO not a Premiership player he must know we are at best a mediocre club with no ambition.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
01 March, 2017 16:10
DC is captain - some of the malaise surely rests on his shoulders; he isn't playing well enough (for Quins) to play in a better Euro competition than the Mickey Mouse Cup.

however, I think Care/Quins are suffering from the absence of the control Easter imposed at the back of the scrum/ruck/maul.

As for Jackson, your "IMHO" may contain some in-built irony, but you may have forgotten some older FHs, such as Molly Malone, Louis Grimoldby and Ben Botica, all of whom were criticised widely on this board.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
01 March, 2017 16:12
You forgot Rory "always grubber when in the 22" CLegg. Molly was shocking though!

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
01 March, 2017 16:19
Clegg has just joined Ealing for next season

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
01 March, 2017 16:52
They are currently 4th and in a play off position!

I didn't include Clegg, as I thought he would pan out OK and I think he's better than Malone, Grim and Botica...

Good luck to him.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
01 March, 2017 17:07
To be fair to Grimoldby he was only ever an academy player wasn't he? Harsh to include him with the others.

PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
01 March, 2017 18:33
Hes always off on international duty so wouldnt miss him.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
01 March, 2017 20:16
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
To be fair to Grimoldby he was only ever an academy player wasn't he? Harsh to include him with the others.

Probably - he is now playing at Rugby Club Massy Essonne, Southern Paris, which is Federale 1 - the league below ProD2, i.e. third tier level. They are top and are pushing for promotion to ProD2. He was at Leeds before that.

Bod (IP Logged)
01 March, 2017 20:34
If Care is considering Bath, is he happy to play behind Khan who suits Slacky 's game plan better and won't get hooked out by Eddie for his ongoing conquest of world rugby?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
01 March, 2017 23:06
He'll be 35 at the start of the next season, how long is he contracted for?

RobMac (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 09:13
Don't forget Staunton! (Although not helped at all by So'oialo!)

johnlid (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 10:57
Chalmers -- couldn't run or tackle being out of condition. Though to be fair, it was right at the end of his career

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 19:24
Quote:
Adi Nako
He'll be 35 at the start of the next season, how long is he contracted for?

Hopefully not for next season - sadly think we've had the best of DC and at 35 don't understand paying so much of our cap on him when we need to rebuild.

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
02 March, 2017 19:34
DC is 30, Kahn is 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net