N. Hughes
S. Robson
A. Lozowski
J. Nowell
H. Slade
B. Te’o
E. Daly
A. Watson

I'm sure you can fill in the bench - I would put Yarde there...

*anticipates ruck over head*

Re: An England XV for Argentina
Adi Nako (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 13:02
As I just said in the other thread, can't see Lawes going. I think only one of Daly and Watson will go assuming a) not with Lions and b) only if Jones wants them to play fullback. Ewers seems out of favour and may even be overlooked in favour of Mercer.

Otherwise I think you are probably right. James Chisholm and Marchant must be in the reckoning to tour.

Hellequin (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 13:10
Argentina are a decent side just depends if there is a Gentleman's agreement that it is a development tour for both teams.

Otherwise I suppose it depends on who gets picked for the Lions and how much Jones believes in keeping consistency in the squad. If England win today will he want to keep the winning run going?

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
18 March, 2017 13:26
Quote:
Hellequin
Argentina are a decent side just depends if there is a Gentleman's agreement that it is a development tour for both teams.
Otherwise I suppose it depends on who gets picked for the Lions and how much Jones believes in keeping consistency in the squad. If England win today will he want to keep the winning run going?

Argentina really aren't that decent at the moment. They've stopped picking overseas players and have seriously struggled since.

Last lions tour they rested their first team in preparation for the RC. It will be ano almost 3rd choice Argentina side with a squad hardly known for its strength in depth.

Dave L (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 07:38
George should go on the lions tour and I don't see Ewers being picked. Other than that, looks good!

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 09:57
Watson should just retire from international rugby now.

Dave L (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 11:43
Quote:
Adi Nako

Really?

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 11:59
Quote:
Dave L
Quote:
Adi Nako

Really?

Not really but still. I honestly don't think I've seen an individually worse performance for England.

He caught one ball all game. One ball. 80 minutes. One touch that didn't directly gift possession back to the opposition. To think some actually think he should be the one to replace Brown at fullback!

Dave L (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 12:24
If we're judging on last night you could probably say that about half the squad to be honest. He stunk but I can remember the Borthwick captain years all too clearly and there were some utter stinkers in there.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 12:54
One ball Dave, one ball!

Dave L (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 13:00
I know it was a shocking performance. Made an absolute hash of it. Just find the constant writing off of players after one shocker really tabloid tedious.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 13:07
Really? My experience of tabloids is the other way around if I'm honest.

Dave L (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 13:11
Build them up to a ridiculous extent and then knock them down as soon as they put in 1 poor performance.

Either way, I'll certainly agree he had a real stinker amongst a team of stinking performances. Whether that'll boot him off the lions tour I don't know. It hasn't exactly been a tournament for wingers. Arguably Visser has looked one of the best ones!

P G Tips (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 15:17
Watson has played 3 matches since returning from injury-v Wasps, Scotland, Ireland.

When fully fit he will seem a much better proposition. I expect Gatland won't decide on him until mid April. Just as he may wait to see if Kruis, Robshaw, Nel can get fit before the tour starts.

PG

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 16:38
I dont think Jones will change much except the lions players. He does not strike me as the kind of bloke to give caps away for free.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 16:27
Reading the Bath board they fancy Mercer to go (Young one). I would have thought Chis jr would have been before him in the pecking order, I think he has done really well this season. A few other random names to throuw in now that they will be playing in England next season - Underhill, Francis and Fearns (he has looked good when I have seen him in the Top 14.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 17:08
Is Fearns England qualified? I thought he was from down under. He would have been good for us when he had to make way for Burgess.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 17:09
Fearns is English. Well, a Scouser, anyway.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Mayor West (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 19:02
Aahh that explains it.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 20:26
There is a definite captain pipeline in the England camp. Personally I think both Mercer and Chisholm may go, I can't see Jones taking Haskell, Robshaw, Wood etc unless he wants one as a captain.

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
23 March, 2017 08:56
If Robshaw doesn't go to New Zealand, I think EJ will take him as he needs game time and a good pre-season before the next AIs so he'll tour one way or another.

Should be NZ but it is Gatland!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Harlequins Poll

Is a poll here a stupid idea?

See results > Submit >>