7. Youngs
8. Marler
9. Cole
10.Ford
11.Watson
12.Hartley

Long shots
Brown, Kruis, Robshaw, Nowell, Daly, George,Care

So I reckon the definite a plus probables plus 3 long shots say Kruis, George and Brownie just to wind up the midweek kiwis.

What do you think?

Re: EJ's 15 for the Lions
Adi Nako (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 12:03
Sinckler is also a long shot too.

He might not seem it, but his international experience seems a carbon copy of Mako 4 years ago when he was taken over Marler despite regularly being benched for games.* Ended up starting due to excessive injuries, but he was only meant as a powerful ball carrier in midweek games.

*he probably had started some games by this point but I'm not sure.

edit, started against Italy for the 6N game before the last Lions tour. Had 9 caps before he toured with the Lions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/03/2017 12:06 by Adi Nako.

Months KYT (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 14:43
Quote:
Adi Nako
He might not seem it, but his international experience seems a carbon copy of Mako 4 years ago when he was taken over Marler despite regularly being benched for games.* Ended up starting due to excessive injuries, but he was only meant as a powerful ball carrier in midweek games.

edit, started against Italy for the 6N game before the last Lions tour. Had 9 caps before he toured with the Lions.
Can't see Ford ,Marler or Cole being selected

The Dead Baron (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 16:06
TBH I can't see Hartley or Youngs being selected either. There are plenty better options in the Home Nations than both those.

P G Tips (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 17:10
George must be a probable at least.

There are few good TH Props so Cole looks likely to tour, Marler has a reasonable chance - and Ford should go to offer a "different" kind of fly half from the others. Knowing Gatland he will probably prefer Biggar instead.

PG

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
19 March, 2017 20:27
Quote:
B15h
Quote:
Adi Nako

Why not Marler? Since his summer break he's been fantastic for England. Great cameos off the bench in the autumn, superb as a starter in the 6N.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 13:18
Marler
George
Cole
Launchbury
Kruis (if fit)
Itoje
Robshaw
Billy V
Care (a game changer and good for the mid-week games)
Ford
Farrell
Joseph
Watson
Brown
Nowell

Should all tour with the Lions and have the argument about starters once the kiwi/taff nepotist names his Celtic choices.

dancing quin (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 14:07
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
B15h
Quote:
Adi Nako

Why not Marler? Since his summer break he's been fantastic for England. Great cameos off the bench in the autumn, superb as a starter in the 6N.

Completely agree JG, Joe has been fantastic.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 09:52
You're taking 3 looseheads - Mako, McGrath, Marler surely.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
22 March, 2017 10:39
Quote:
RodneyRegis
You're taking 3 looseheads - Mako, McGrath, Marler surely.

Indeed, it is the most straightforward decision of any position I'd say.

DOK (IP Logged)
23 March, 2017 09:45
These are the Lions by statistics. Of course, if you're injured like Robshaw you won't appear. [www.walesonline.co.uk]

T-Bone (IP Logged)
23 March, 2017 10:28
That stats based XV is pretty interesting actually. No surprise to see Mike easily ahead of the others based on the stats. Few surprising selections but generally not too far off the teams a lot of people have picked

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
23 March, 2017 10:37
Personally, statwise, I think England players have been let down a bit by their failure to cope with the ridiculous Italy game.

Only Joe Quin (IP Logged)
23 March, 2017 11:23
Fairly unsophisticated, eg Nathan Hughes not in because he wasn't used in line outs - why would he be with Lawes, Launchbury and Itoje available? Also looking at the positions individually will never get you the best team. But there are some interesting stats in there which make me re-evaluate certain players' performances.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
24 March, 2017 14:24
Quote:
DOK
These are the Lions by statistics. Of course, if you're injured like Robshaw you won't appear. [www.walesonline.co.uk]

Pretty laughble to count Fazz's kicking, especially from 12.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net