Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from GoogleQuins Official SiteDiamond Geezers Website

Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Meet ups at games
Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 11:20
Not new to this site in fact been here from near the beginning just moved around a lot and never near London. I have met a few of you many years ago when I drove from Germany to Paris to watch Stade beat us in HC. Bad day great trip.

But do any of you guys ever meet up for a beer at the games. I know about Quisaa but it won't work for me to join. They do great work though.

The reason I ask is there is always differing opinion which is great, sometime arguments not so great but we all hide behind these names we've made up.

Well next season for the first time I have a season ticket and will be sat South Stand BC row S seats 47 and 48 it would be great to get to know more fellow Quins and share a beer and a chat.

Make plenty of noise for Nick Evans on Sat 28 Apr I will be watching probably with a tear in my eye.

Re: Meet ups at games
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 12:26
Quote:
Roaming Quin
Make plenty of noise for Nick Evans on [i]Sat[/i] 28 Apr I will be watching probably with a tear in my eye.

It's a Friday, just in case you didn't realise...

Hope to be at Wasps game and hope weather is clement enough to use Quins Head, if you get there early before the crowds.

(Sm128)

SiBolton (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 12:45
Met plenty of decent people ( usually at away games) and that was mainly via twitter and just seeing the same faces at away games and Quinssa
I'm perplexed how Quinssa wouldn't work out for you, it's probably the easiest way to sit with travelling support and also attend the social events and meet other supporters

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/04/2017 12:46 by SiBolton.

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 13:17
Typo about Sat which of course is 29 Apr and also the day The Army do Battle with the Navy. Not going to wither but will watch ours on telly on Friday even missing my clubs AGM.

Si Bolton because I live 3 hours travel from Quins so to go there for away games wouldn't work out, also not worth my while to travel there and back for socials but if I ever get closer i'll join for sure.

Home games will be enough of a challenge especially Friday nights.

Season ticket effective as of next season. Can't to see Quins more.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 13:39
I've met a few posters from CAW at games and they've all turned out to be really nice people, friendly and fun. We even had a cake at one end of season game!

Bolly I should also be at the Wasps game but will be in hospitality so may not be able to get to the Quins Head. I hope the result is better than the game we watched in the Dickens Bar...

Mancquin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 13:48
Quite a few Quins supporters meet for a beer at Twickenham Fine Ales. 5 minutes walk from Twickenham Green and en route to The Stoop. Beer at £3 per pint in a brewery. No chance they will run out of ale. See web site for details of when open at home games for Quins and England. No I'm not a shareholder.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 14:47
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Bolly I should also be at the Wasps game but will be in hospitality so may not be able to get to the Quins Head. I hope the result is better than the game we watched in the Dickens Bar...

Wincing at Simon Jones' truculent commentary from the adjacent table, I seem to remember...

Catch you soon - hope to get to the 7's over next year.

(Sm128)

Cookie (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 14:50
Quote:
Mancquin
Quite a few Quins supporters meet for a beer at Twickenham Fine Ales. 5 minutes walk from Twickenham Green and en route to The Stoop. Beer at £3 per pint in a brewery. No chance they will run out of ale. See web site for details of when open at home games for Quins and England. No I'm not a shareholder.

And another secret escapes....... ;-)

SelbyQuin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 15:19
I live in North Yorkshire and don't get to as many games as I would like mainly due to having a young family over distance but am still a Quinsaa member. For the sake of a fiver it is worth it, I have not used it to my advantage at all but am looking forward to the Eddie Jones evening.

I get to more away games than home and have met some lovely people, had some great conversations and even sang some songs in a pub in Bristol!

I travel alone and always feel a bit sceptical about talking to strangers (my Mum warned me) but not once have I been on my travels and met a rude Quins fan. I just normally choose a pub near the train station or ground order my pint and before you know it someone is talking away to you!

Cookie (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 15:57
Quote:
SelbyQuin
I live in North Yorkshire and don't get to as many games as I would like mainly due to having a young family over distance but am still a Quinsaa member. For the sake of a fiver it is worth it, I have not used it to my advantage at all but am looking forward to the Eddie Jones evening.
I get to more away games than home and have met some lovely people, had some great conversations and even sang some songs in a pub in Bristol!

I travel alone and always feel a bit sceptical about talking to strangers (my Mum warned me) but not once have I been on my travels and met a rude Quins fan. I just normally choose a pub near the train station or ground order my pint and before you know it someone is talking away to you!

I think we were the ones leading those songs in Bristol! Even got asked to sing happy birthday to someone's nan who was there. Landlord loved us and kept asking what songs they could put on for us to sing. Locals were confused as we were singing with Bristol fans and they were used to football fans where the away supporters have to walk on the other side of the road!!

Quin Kong (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 16:05
Warning, my wife (who likes to make cakes) and the lady whom bakes are going to the last game of the season! I hope to persuade one or both of them to bring some cakes for the masses!

QUIN KONG

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 16:18
I'm one of the regulars at the Quins Head before a game (You've been missed Bolly!).

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 16:23
Looking forward to next season sure hope to meet some of your guys.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 16:31
Quote:
Fearless Fred
I'm one of the regulars at the Quins Head before a game (You've been missed Bolly!).

Back for some pest control, but will take the Wasp-eze, just in case...

20 April, 2017 16:38
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
Fearless Fred

Back for some pest control, but will take the Wasp-eze, just in case...

Here's hoping it's a little less eventful for me than last week. Was having a drink with the usual mob before the game, only to get a streaming nose bleed after blowing my nose. Went to the First Aid station under the media tower "just in case" and I ended up spending the first half of the game in that, then was taken by ambulance to West Middlesex A&E at half time & spent the rest of the evening there! I bet the guys in our row were wondering where I was!

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 16:46
Blimey! You'll need it Quarterised - then it will only bleed half the time...(Sm163)

Nothing wrong, I hope? I had a hot spoon stuck up my nose when a kid - stopped most of the nosebleeds by burning the inside of my nose! (Sm80)

20 April, 2017 17:00
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Blimey! You'll need it Quarterised - then it will only bleed half the time...(Sm163)
Nothing wrong, I hope? I had a hot spoon stuck up my nose when a kid - stopped most of the nosebleeds by burning the inside of my nose! (Sm80)

That told me I'd never play the piano again! But seeing how I couldn't play the piano before, I wasn't too disappointed cool smiley

It's just a high blood pressure thing, combined with sneezing a bit due to some hayfever. GP is monitoring me, so probably onto the statins in the near future....

SelbyQuin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 17:26
I have a recording on my phone of Bohemian Rhapsody and took part in a rousing version of Ain't No Pleasing You by Chas n Dave!

Cookie (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 17:32
Quote:
SelbyQuin
I have a recording on my phone of Bohemian Rhapsody and took part in a rousing version of Ain't No Pleasing You by Chas n Dave!

We killed it. You can decide for yourselves if it was in a good way or a bad way!!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 17:58
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Wincing at Simon Jones' truculent commentary from the adjacent table, I seem to remember...

(Sm128)

That would be the one and only Stephen Jones winking smiley As I recall, he wasn't even watching the game! Too busy chatting to a lady that I know... Might explain how his reports bear little relevance to the actual game...

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 18:38
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
Bolly-Quin

That told me I'd never play the piano again! But seeing how I couldn't play the piano before, I wasn't too disappointed cool smiley

It's just a high blood pressure thing, combined with sneezing a bit due to some hayfever. GP is monitoring me, so probably onto the statins in the near future....

Difficult for some I know but lifestyle change is required, not statins.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 10:06
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
Quinky Kin

(Sm128)

That would be the one and only Stephen Jones winking smiley As I recall, he wasn't even watching the game! Too busy chatting to a lady that I know... Might explain how his reports bear little relevance to the actual game...

Yes - sorry - Stephen. He was watching but not seeing anything, from memory...

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 10:25
Quote:
Quin Kong
Warning, my wife (who likes to make cakes) and the lady whom bakes are going to the last game of the season! I hope to persuade one or both of them to bring some cakes for the masses!

The person tapping you on the shoulder and pointing to his empty mouth will be me!

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 19:04
Every CAWer I've met has been sound (Sm128)

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 19:24
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
Quinky Kin

(Sm128)

Yes - sorry - Stephen. He was watching but not seeing anything, from memory...

Sums the guy up perfectly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Harlequins Poll

Is a poll here a stupid idea?

See results > Submit >>