rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Squad for next season
Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
03 May, 2017 17:58
Usually Quins have a one out/ one in type policy for recruitment.
We know the following players have been confirmed as leaving, not including academy lads.

Matt shields (Boyce)
Owen Evans (Swainston)
George Naoupu (Bothma)
Nick Evans - (Catrikalis)
Karl Dickson - (Dave Lewis)
Matt Hopper - (Francis Saili)
Natani Talai
Mark Reddish - (Ben Glynn)
Ruaridh Jackson

The other confirmed leavers were all injury cover, so I don't think they count towards this.

George Lowe He could be a leaving with his injuries

JK was quoted as saying that we could have around 10 players leave, so there is room to consider some other movers and shakers....

2017/18 Squad as we know it:
Full Backs
Mike Brown
Aaron Morris (re-signed summer 2017)
Ross Chisholm (re-signed this season)

Wings
Tim Visser
Marland Yarde
Charlie Walker
Alofa Alofa (re-signed this season)

Centres
George Lowe (?)
Jamie Roberts
Harry Sloan
Winston Stanley
Joe Marchant (re-signed summer 2017)
Francis Saili (Munster)

Fly Halves
Tim Swiel
Dimetri Catrikilis (Montpellier)

Scrum Halves
Charlie Mulchrone (re-signed this season)
Danny Care
Dave Lewis (Exeter)

Props
Will Collier
Cameron Holenstein
Joe Marler
Kyle Sinckler
Mark Lambert
Adam Jones (player/coach role)
Phil Swainston (Wasps)
Lewis Boyce (Leeds)

Hooker
Rob Buchanan (re-signed this season)
Joe Gray
Dave Ward (re-signed this season)
Elia Elia (re-signed this summer)

Second Row
James Horwill (re-signed this season)
Charlie Matthews
George Merrick (re-signed this season
Sam Twomey
Ben Glynn (injury cover)

Back Row
James Chisholm
Jack Clifford
Mat Luamanu
Chris Robshaw
Luke Wallace
Renaldo Bothma (Bulls)

Edited 17 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2017 08:52 by Nev's Left Boot.

Re: Squad for next season
Quins4life (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 00:25
At the moment we have a squad of 40 with 14 academy players who look like they could have a role (in my opinion) next year as part of the wide squad for A league and Anglo Welsh;

Loosehead (4)- Marler, Lambert, Holenstein, Boyce (A)
Hooker (5)- Buchanan, Ward (flanker), Gray, Elia Elia (?), Piper (A)
Tighthead (6)- Sinckler, Collier, Swaintson, Jones (?) Ibuanokpe (A), McNulty (A)
Locks (6)- Horwill, Reddish, Matthews, Twomey, Merrick, South (A)
Flankers (5)- Robshaw, Clifford (number 8), Wallace, White (A), Dino Lamb (A)
Number 8 (4?)- Luamanu, Bothma, J Chisholm (flanker), Talei (?)

Scrum Half (4)- Care, Mulchrone, Lewis, Waters (A)
Fly Half (5)- Catrakilis, Swiel (fullback), Jackson, Lang (A), Smith (A)
Centre (6)- Roberts, Marchant, Lowe, Sloan, Alofa Alofa (winger), Stanley (?),
Wingers (7)- Visser, Yarde, Walker, Cheeseman (A), Mikalcius (A), Aspland-Robinson (A), Ibitoye (A)
Full backs (3)- Brown, R Chisholm (winger), Morris

The players in bold are ones I think could also be leaving this summer or have question marks over contract/future.

In general, I think we are pretty stocked in a lot of positions. The two positions which stick out are flankers and centres due to the lack of numbers and likely internationals absentees. I think we definitely need reinforcements there, though quality may be an issue as it tricky to sell a 'back-up' role. If Stanley also goes, I think we need two centres as we cant be sure of how quick/good Lowe and Sloan will return, fingers crossed!

I would also like another hooker to come in and challenge Buchanan as I don't believe Gray is anywhere near what he used to be and Ward is now hooker/flanker anyway.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 07:40
I would add Gray and Jackson to players that could also leave (just my opinion of course). I would be tempted to keep hold of Elia Elia. I admit I have not seen him play but, reading up on him sounds positive. Only 20yo, came through the Canterbury age group in NZ where he was captain (also played 8 apparently), already made his test debut for Samoa (3 caps). JK said the coaches were impressed (the reason his contract was extended from just 6N cover to the end of the season). Cant be taking up too much cap space, surely worth a punt??

[www.samoaobserver.ws]

There were some links to him playing for Canterbury but I cant find them now!!

Ali_K (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 08:31
Also have Ryan Hodson who we signed from London Welsh in February. Could help with the back row numbers. No mention of him leaving or how long he was signed for.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 09:21
I took it that he may have left as he did not play in the A game recently (Could be injured of course).

fandg2 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 10:36
Quote:
HonkyTonk
I would be tempted to keep hold of Elia Elia. I admit I have not seen him play but, reading up on him sounds positive. Only 20yo, came through the Canterbury age group in NZ where he was captain (also played 8 apparently), already made his test debut for Samoa (3 caps). JK said the coaches were impressed (the reason his contract was extended from just 6N cover to the end of the season). Cant be taking up too much cap space, surely worth a punt??

Yep agree with that. Came on as a sub down at the Bath A game and looked lively and carried well, both as flanker and hooker.

Fursty (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 12:36
Given that Holenstein hasn't played all year and Marler will be away for large chunks of the season I'd say we definitely need to sign another loosehead.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 18:30
Quote:
Fursty
Given that Holenstein hasn't played all year and Marler will be away for large chunks of the season I'd say we definitely need to sign another loosehead.

IIRC Holenstein was highly rated technically. Seeing him in the gym video on Youtube with Kyle, he definitely is a powerful bloke and seems to have the explosive power that you see with Kyle. I'm looking forward to see how the whole package comes together - could be formidable but could be forgettable.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 18:48
He certainly looked strong in that vid but doesn't necessarily equate to explosive or good. Hope it does though. Looking forward to seeing him. Hopefully work out better than some of our other recentish prop signings

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 18:52
Hope he (Holenstein) gets over the threatening injury he had...

Monte (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 19:47
With no word on George Lowe I am getting fearful again. Would be so sad if he does not play next season.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 20:00
Quote:
Monte
With no word on George Lowe I am getting fearful again. Would be so sad if he does not play next season.

If that's the case it's got to end his career sadly.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 20:26
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Hope he (Holenstein) gets over the threatening injury he had...

There's quite a few like that in the squad at the moment.

Lowe is the obvious one and who knows if and when he'll be back.

Then you have Holenstein, Sloan and Twomey who we will simply have to hope come back at full fitness as well as Reddish who we haven't really seen.

It's all well and good including these players in our squad, but their fitness needs to be closely monitored to see if they will play a full role next season.

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 21:20
Quote:
Quins4life
At the moment we have a squad of 40 with 14 academy players who look like they could have a role (in my opinion) next year as part of the wide squad for A league and Anglo Welsh;
Loosehead (4)- Marler, Lambert, Holenstein, Boyce (A)
Hooker (5)- Buchanan, Ward (flanker), Gray, Elia Elia (?), Piper (A)
Tighthead (6)- Sinckler, Collier, Swaintson, Jones (?) Ibuanokpe (A), McNulty (A)
Locks (6)- Horwill, Reddish, Matthews, Twomey, Merrick, South (A)
Flankers (5)- Robshaw, Clifford (number 8), Wallace, White (A), Dino Lamb (A)
Number 8 (4?)- Luamanu, Bothma, J Chisholm (flanker), Talei (?)

Scrum Half (4)- Care, Mulchrone, Lewis, Waters (A)
Fly Half (5)- Catrakilis, Swiel (fullback), Jackson, Lang (A), Smith (A)
Centre (6)- Roberts, Marchant, Lowe, Sloan, Alofa Alofa (winger), Stanley (?),
Wingers (7)- Visser, Yarde, Walker, Cheeseman (A), Mikalcius (A), Aspland-Robinson (A), Ibitoye (A)
Full backs (3)- Brown, R Chisholm (winger), Morris

The players in bold are ones I think could also be leaving this summer or have question marks over contract/future.

In general, I think we are pretty stocked in a lot of positions. The two positions which stick out are flankers and centres due to the lack of numbers and likely internationals absentees. I think we definitely need reinforcements there, though quality may be an issue as it tricky to sell a 'back-up' role. If Stanley also goes, I think we need two centres as we cant be sure of how quick/good Lowe and Sloan will return, fingers crossed!

I would also like another hooker to come in and challenge Buchanan as I don't believe Gray is anywhere near what he used to be and Ward is now hooker/flanker anyway.

I agree with that assessment. Even if Stanley stays I think we need two new centres.

Even if Ward is now considered a flanker fist and hooker second, I still think we need another 7 and another hooker.

Monte (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 13:08
Yes blucherquin that is what I am concerned about

Mayor West (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 14:23
I spoke to somebody who works at the club and they didn't say that George would be playing next season but they didn't say he wouldn't. The way they spoke made me think it was still in the balance as its a similar injury to the one that JTH had. I have everything crossed for him.
With reports that the Doctor is off at the end of the month and we are after a kiwi centre is that one of the ten players JK mentioned for the chop?

06 May, 2017 14:28
I have added the Saili rumour to the thread - will keep it updated as we know.

Almost quin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 15:35
Where has it come from that Roberts is leaving he has gone on record as saying he will be at Quins next season

06 May, 2017 18:09
mentioned in the article about Saili
[www.ruck.co.uk]

Mayor West (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 20:29
Looks like he's staying according to his post match tweet which makes me fearful for our injured players or could simply be that someone like Stanley is off.

Almost quin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 20:49
I think it may be time to make that hard decision re Lowe

Quins4life (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 21:28
Well Lowe continues to be pictured with the players and I am pretty sure i saw him at franklin gardens with the squad. Lets hope he does return because he is a class act. Sloan is still young so we can hope he still has time to return.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 22:59
Yes, George was definitely at Northampton today.

Rocker (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 09:04
Hope Lowe gets back to fitness, he is a really good player. My concern is that after so many injures and such a long last off what sort of firm will be better in when he gives back? Still think we need a good 9 to push DC and to replace him when he's at with England. Another 7 and a starting hooker wood be good too, although Buchanan has been going really well recently.

Monte (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 10:12
Papers - TRP, Tel all saying Roberts is going (next month) also that Ruriadh is going. Has turned down other Premiership to go Ospreys according to Fissler

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 10:55
Quote:
Monte
Papers - TRP, Tel all saying Roberts is going (next month) also that Ruriadh is going. Has turned down other Premiership to go Ospreys according to Fissler

Which one is linked with Ospreys?

Quins4life (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 11:05
Quote:
Monte

I have been very critical of Robert's performances this season and since ehe has joined, but when we have needed him towards the back end of the season he has really stepped up for us. It looks like we are learning how to use him and I think it would be silly for us to let him go, unless we have a big name coming in to replace him then i think it would seem a strange decision to let him go.

Jackson is a tricky one. Played well at times but clearly is 3rd choice now, something I guess he didn't sign for. He is a good 3rd choice but if he is unhappy with that, I don't think we would stand in his way.

Also DOK could you sticky this thread to the top and I will try and keep it updated as we progress and hear more news

Monte (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 11:16
Ruriadh is supposed to be going to Ospreys according to TRP

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 12:18
Roberts has done decently for us in the latter half of the season but I was more impressed by some of his earliest performances. I don't think we'd lose much by swapping him for someone a bit more dynamic.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 12:44
I thought the Jackson rumour was to Newport

Fursty (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 15:01
I don't think there's any more to the Roberts rumours than the odd journalist picking up on some CAW posters' wishful thinking.

DOK (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 18:27
To be honest I'm rethinking my position on Roberts. He does seem to be settling in at last and gelling with the team and what they're doing.

Almost quin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 20:20
Why do I now gave an image of Fagin reviewing the situation

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 23:59
Quote:
Rocker
Hope Lowe gets back to fitness, he is a really good player. My concern is that after so many injures and such a long last off what sort of firm will be better in when he gives back? Still think we need a good 9 to push DC and to replace him when he's at with England. Another 7 and a starting hooker wood be good too, although Buchanan has been going really well recently.

Lowe has always lifted the team immediately on return from injury. I for one back him to do it again.

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 09:21
We need both Lowe & Sloan back. If Saili comes and Roberts goes/stays it's still a great combination which ever pair we put out in midfield.

Re the 'still learning how to use Roberts' comment, I think the same could be said for Yarde, even after 3 seasons....which is a worry.

Our new system has to get the best out of an underused asset.

Dave L (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 09:51
I think what worries me with Lowe is that his return date has gone back and back. Seriously hope he makes it back though as he's a superb player. Reddish's long absence is a bit of a mystery. Have there been any updates after the initial 'indeterminate period of time'?

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 10:47
Faf de Klerk just signed for Sale. He would have been a brilliant replacement for Dickson.

Cookie (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 11:01
Just goes to show there's still plenty of work to be done on new signings.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 13:55
Quote:
Dave L
I think what worries me with Lowe is that his return date has gone back and back. Seriously hope he makes it back though as he's a superb player. Reddish's long absence is a bit of a mystery. Have there been any updates after the initial 'indeterminate period of time'?

I agree on one hand, but on the other I see little point in bringing Lowe back so close to the end of season. Much better to have a full pre-season. I'm a big fan of his and think he's been vastly under-rated in the past. I remember a game where he crossed for a try with what looked like three players being dragged with him!

Dave L (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 13:57
My memory may be playing tricks QK but I think he was initially expected out until November, then February then maybe the end of the season. Quite a change. I agree that if he wasn't ready earlier but will be with a full pre season then that's definitely a better outcome!

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 16:03
Quote:
Dave L
My memory may be playing tricks QK but I think he was initially expected out until November, then February then maybe the end of the season. Quite a change. I agree that if he wasn't ready earlier but will be with a full pre season then that's definitely a better outcome!

IIRC, the November return was put off because he chose to have a second surgery (back?) that was to fix an underlying condition that was causing the issues he's had over the years. It was a choice between coming back with the underlying issue flaring up again in 6 months time to cause another layoff or taking some extra time with the extra surgery to fix it permanently (we can hope). That was with a target of return in March. If I'm right ion my recollection, then maybe we were looking at it in the view that we had enough fit cover for 13 that rather than rush him back half match-fit, we could allow him the extra time to train & have a full pre-season as well on top before putting him into competitive games...

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 16:31
With all the talk about centres, George Pisi is leaving Saints, would he be good for us??? only 30

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 18:17
Woodward to Gloucester has been confirmed.

Dave L (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 20:04
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
Dave L

IIRC, the November return was put off because he chose to have a second surgery (back?) that was to fix an underlying condition that was causing the issues he's had over the years. It was a choice between coming back with the underlying issue flaring up again in 6 months time to cause another layoff or taking some extra time with the extra surgery to fix it permanently (we can hope). That was with a target of return in March. If I'm right ion my recollection, then maybe we were looking at it in the view that we had enough fit cover for 13 that rather than rush him back half match-fit, we could allow him the extra time to train & have a full pre-season as well on top before putting him into competitive games...

In which case that makes sense. Look forward to seeing him back next season with any luck.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 20:08
Quote:
HonkyTonk
With all the talk about centres, George Pisi is leaving Saints, would he be good for us??? only 30

He's been terrible for Saints for a while now.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 20:25
Has he?? fair enough, cant say I have seen a great deal of him lately.

Babs (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 21:58
Frankie Saili would be a cracking signing. Great player and good fun.

poorfour (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 09:39
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Dave L

I agree on one hand, but on the other I see little point in bringing Lowe back so close to the end of season. Much better to have a full pre-season. I'm a big fan of his and think he's been vastly under-rated in the past. I remember a game where he crossed for a try with what looked like three players being dragged with him!

I remember that, and him being the top try scorer in the AP outside of the back three positions, and Manu never getting the better of him, despite the massive difference in size. One of our best rugby players of the pro era.

I really hope he makes it back. Being able to rotate him with Marchant would give us so much in the back line.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 11:25
There's a high chance we'll start losing Marchant to England call ups this season - so we really need a solid option there.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 11:58
Centre is where I think we are thin

Roberts - will be away with Wales
Sloan - Hopefully back from injury but been out a long time, will need to be eased back in
Lowe - As above
Stanley - Pretty underwhelming
Marchant - Possible we could lose him to England but i still think he is a little way down the pecking order.

Depending on the fitness of Sloan and Lowe, plus the rumours about Roberts, we could need 2-3 centres. Would be nice if we could nab ourselves a centre/FH, someone like Francis at Northampton would have been great.

12 May, 2017 12:35
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Sloan - Hopefully back from injury but been out a long time, will need to be eased back in
Lowe - As above
Marchant - Possible we could lose him to England but i still think he is a little way down the pecking order.

Depending on the fitness of Sloan and Lowe, plus the rumours about Roberts, we could need 2-3 centres. Would be nice if we could nab ourselves a centre/FH, someone like Francis at Northampton would have been great.

Completely agree. We cannot rely on Lowe with his injury history and Sloan will take a while to get back to fitness and match sharpness.

If we lose Roberts and Marchant to internationals then we really are very thin there. We'd basically have Stanley and Alofa, which would be very poor.

It's a bit disconcerting we haven't brought anyone in already actually but there's still time.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 12:44
although we have not signed a centre yet, at least we are being linked with a couple of quality ones (which is a start).

fandg2 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 13:21
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Lowe - As above

Completely agree. We cannot rely on Lowe with his injury history and Sloan will take a while to get back to fitness and match sharpness.

Whilst not disagreeing that we are a little thin, Cheeseman has filled the slot at 12 in

If we lose Roberts and Marchant to internationals then we really are very thin there. We'd basically have Stanley and Alofa, which would be very poor.

It's a bit disconcerting we haven't brought anyone in already actually but there's still time.

Whilst not disagreeing that we are a little thin, Cheeseman has filled the slot at 12 in times of need so should'nt be discounted, ditto Chis Snr at 13. (just trying to rosy up the picture ;-) )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2017 13:22 by fandg2.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 13:27
Pretty sure Lang and Morris played centre in the a league this year. The odd game may be ok but would be a big ask for a sustained period.

fandg2 (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 13:49
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Pretty sure Lang and Morris played centre in the a league this year. The odd game may be ok but would be a big ask for a sustained period.

You're right with both those two, in fact with a full A league programme next season it would'nt be beyond the bounds of possibiity that any of them may 'convert' to centre as a career move. They're all young enough

12 May, 2017 14:08
Whilst we may have players who can put a shift in at centre, that's unlikely to be enough to get us to where we want to be (which is presumably an improvement on 6th).

On a wider point, I do hope that the regular A league games gives us a chance to play players in different positions and make them more versatile. Having players who can play numerous positions is very important these days, and I'd say we don't have as much of that versatility as some other clubs.

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 14:27
I'm more worried about Marchant wanting to leave if Lowe does come back in, as he won't get so much game time, especially as England are now picking him as a backup.

Is fine if Lowe is happy to phase back in over a season and accept he'll be the backup but can't see that happening.

Possibly one to worry about at the end of next season.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 15:05
Its been a perennial area of weakness over the last few years. Anyone remember when we had Ugo in the centres at one stage, Jack Clifford played there too I seem to recall. Although there was also a game where Danny Care ended up on the wing!

one of the worst decisions COS ever made was that time he put G-Lo on the wing against Wasps...absolute carnage. Not Lowe's fault entirely, but the whole back line played like a pub team in the first half of that game.

12 May, 2017 15:17
Quote:
Banstead Quin
I'm more worried about Marchant wanting to leave if Lowe does come back in, as he won't get so much game time, especially as England are now picking him as a backup.
Is fine if Lowe is happy to phase back in over a season and accept he'll be the backup but can't see that happening.

Possibly one to worry about at the end of next season.

Yup I think there are a lot of 'ifs' rather than 'whens' when it comes to Lowe's return so not one to be too worried about yet.

I'd almost treat him as not part of the squad (I mean in terms of recruitment rather than freezing him out or anything) until his fitness has been proven for a significant period.

Almost quin (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 16:23
I think Marchant is our number one 13 even with a fit Lowe

12 May, 2017 17:08
Quote:
Almost quin

Would be a close call but I'd agree.

But generally I'm not convinced we can really include Lowe in our thinking for the centres until he's been fit for a sustained period. We need four decent centres plus Lowe I think, and then we'll have people like Alofa behind that who can play there in an injury crisis.

That does technically mean we only need one more centre, assuming Roberts stays and assuming Sloan is actually available.

Monte (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 06:24
More on Saili signing in Fissler in TRP this morning. Reddish maybe returning to Oz and Jamie Roberts undecided whether to return to Wales!

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 07:25
Its a real shame for Reddish if true.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 09:07
Quote:
Almost quin

Pretty much every premiership team of the season had Marchant at 13. Obviously he is helped by not being an international but I'd say the majority of neutrals would likely agree with your statement.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 10:40
Marchant first choice all day. Lowe has been out far too long to come straight back in. I agree with the comment about him not being counted in the squad, and whatever you get from Lowe is a bonus.

Re the squad, there is a video of the NZ/Pacific Quins performing a Haka in honour of Nev. From what I can make out - Stanley, Alofa, Reddish, Luamanu and Talei. So, Talei still here (although that is prob just for the Event) and No Elia Elia. Although, the one I thought was Talei could be George N!!

[www.instagram.com]

Plus as it is a farewell Haka, do we take it Nev is not staying on as a coach??

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/05/2017 10:48 by HonkyTonk.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 11:08
No way. Marchant is getting better and better, but for his defence alone G-Lo is still first choice when fit. When Lowe plays, we're a far better side.

poorfour (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 11:34
Quote:
RodneyRegis
No way. Marchant is getting better and better, but for his defence alone G-Lo is still first choice when fit. When Lowe plays, we're a far better side.

I would tend to agree, but I think we have to see whether Lowe can return to somewhere close to his pre-injury form. Clearly the coaches will have pre-season to go on, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Lowe on the bench and in the As until everyone - himself included - has confidence that he's over his horrendous run of bad luck.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 12:38
Quote:
poorfour
Quote:
RodneyRegis

I would tend to agree, but I think we have to see whether Lowe can return to somewhere close to his pre-injury form. Clearly the coaches will have pre-season to go on, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Lowe on the bench and in the As until everyone - himself included - has confidence that he's over his horrendous run of bad luck.

I think if he's fit enough to play he's our best centre. Finding form has never been an issue for him.

If only sarries hadn't twice tried to end his career sad smiley

14 May, 2017 13:27
I have added Reddish to the list of rumours.
The only reason for losing Dr.Roberts, has to be the wage bill to bring in other players?
If Roberts is going then it would suggest Stanley must be staying, as we can't lose Hopper, Stanley and Roberts, with Lowe being out of it as well - Sloan on a serious injury....

Monte (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 18:50
Nev according to JK has not made a decision on what he is going to do. From what JK said he has clearly been offered the chance to coach at Quins. BT were chatting him up I wondered if they were trying to get him to do some commentary?

Hellequin (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 19:00
Nev has been a pundit on Sky's super rugby coverage for the last few months.
Nev is an odd one would like to see how he is as a full time coach for 1 season if he were to stay as not seen him bring a protégé on.

For BT can't be any worse than Ugo.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 20:28
Quote:
The only reason for losing Dr.Roberts, has to be the wage bill to bring in other players?

And having a player with no international commitments.

14 May, 2017 20:33
QP - Agreed, although that's cash as well, i.e. he gets paid well due to the commitments.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 13:22
Blackadder has said that Bath are looking to still recruit 6 or 7 more players for next season so there is clearly a lot of potential business to be done. They are also looking for a big midfielder as we seem to be if rumours are roughly in the right ballpark.

The Prof (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 14:24
NEv is still undecided, at least that's what he told me last night. I spoke to Lowe too and he's still waiting to see how his injuries are progressing so not much change there unfortunately

Edit to fix autocorrect

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2017 18:03 by The Prof.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net