rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Botica
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 15:13
According to their board he seems to be close to a move there.

Re: Botica
Dave L (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 15:14
Who's board and where?

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 15:17
Newcastle. He's currently on loan with Oyonnax, who have been promoted from Pro-D2 to Top14 next season. Given that Catrakillis is coming to us next season, it's surprising that Montpellier would choose to lose two of their three FH options at the same time...

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 15:19
Ha ha, yes sorry. As FF said, Newcastle (although they seem to think Newport GD may want him).

Dave L (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 15:27
Ah cheers! Good luck to him I guess. Except against us.

Cookie (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 15:45
They've currently got 4 fly halves. Catrikilis is 3rd choice and Botica 4th choice.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 16:14
I was in a cold sweat for a moment there.

Newcastle would be a potentially dangerous team with a decent Fly Half. Personally I don't think this would change that fact.

04 May, 2017 16:23
Quote:
Cookie
They've currently got 4 fly halves. Catrikilis is 3rd choice and Botica 4th choice.

That's rubbish. Montpellier have 4 players playing at FH this season: Catrakilis, Botica, Stein and Du Plessis. During the season, these are the numbers for starts/bench spots for each:

Botica 3 Starts, 7 Bench spots

Catrakilis 11 starts, 4 Bench spots

Du Plessis 6 Starts, 2 bench spots

Stein 9 Starts, 9 bench spots.

Stein's bench spots are grnerally with either Botica or Catrkilis starting. Look at the figures. Catrakilis is #1 on starts. If he's listed in the 23, he's named as a starting 10 far more than any other 10. Catrakilis is their number 1 pick at 10 when all are available.

Cookie (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 16:45
Calm down, FF. As has been discussed elsewhere, he was injured, they brought in Willie Du Plessis and now he can't back in front of him. Steyn is playing 12.

And I think you'll find WDP has started the last 6 straight.

So, you're mostly right (Sm100)

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 17:10
Quote:
Cookie
Calm down, FF. As has been discussed elsewhere...

You might find that people respond to your posts with greater equanimity if you didn't insist on choosing the shortest route to criticism of our coaching team...

johnlid (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 17:27
Look, JK signed Catrakilis so he must be better than Nev

T-Bone (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 17:46
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
Cookie

You might find that people respond to your posts with greater equanimity if you didn't insist on choosing the shortest route to criticism of our coaching team...

Where is the criticism of coaches in this thread?

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 17:49
'You might find that people respond to your posts with greater equanimity if you didn't insist on choosing the shortest route to criticism of our coaching team...'

Criticism is allowed - this is a place where there are many different opinions so no problem with different views 😀

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 17:56
You need to look a little deeper than the surface...

Cookie (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 20:40
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
Cookie

Firstly, I'm rather disappointed to think that you're going to taint any comment I make on here with my views on the coaching staff. Secondly, I did no such thing here. And thirdly, whether you agree or not, I try to offer reasoning behind my views rather than choosing this so called 'shortedt route'.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 21:42
Well, Cookie, I think your statement that he's 4th pick FH could easily be interpreted that you don't agree with JK's assessment of him as Quins' immediate replacement for NEv, especially as it has been explained on previous threads that you have taken part in, that he's been injured, on the comeback and that he was previously the first pick. Hardly surprising that he is now second/third choice with new lad in place and with only a handful of games left until Catrakallis leaves.

I don't try to taint your posts, but they seem, to me, to be questionable. I'll desist in future - it is my opinion and it is never going anything other than that - but I don't agree with your constant derision of the coaching staff, however hard you reason.

I'll leave it there. Enjoy your trip to The Gardens.

Cookie (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 22:46
Here we go again..............

I didn't say he was 4th choice, but 3rd choice. I was mistaken in thinking he had slipped down the order that far (and I am aware he's been injured), but he does still appears not to be able to get his starting spot back.

I'll leave Quinky Kin to put you right on assuming things that aren't facts, but I'm not casting aspersions on JK's recruitment. Rather I am trying to assess what we're getting and I am a little concerned that Catrikilis and Bothma are both struggling to get in their current sides.

Finally, I disagree with many people on this board. But I respect their views and will readily debate them. If you think I constantly deride the coaching staff, then that's your prerogative. I don't resort to personal comments or pigeon holing people. It's something you might want to consider yourself as it avoids unnecessary confrontation.

If you are going to be in Northampton I'd be happy to discuss this further to set the record straight.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
04 May, 2017 22:56
Agreed - you said 3rd. Sorry for that. I don't believe I have been any more personal than you have. Won't be at The Gardens - perhaps see you next season.

Cookie (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 06:59
And for the record, as I've said before I've been happy with the signings so far, albeit I am concerned that Catrikilis and Bothma are currently both not starting for their clubs (although DC is coming back from injury, Du Plessis seems to be keeping him out - let's see what happens in the playoffs).

I'm expecting one or two more (at least one significant using the NEv money and can we PLEASE get a decent hooker!), but I think what's been done so far does address our deficiencies.

PQ2 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 09:38
Oh no - another DC.
(-I was worried enough when there were rumours of Danny Cipriani turning up here).

-I think we all remember what happened to Nick Evans when he found there was already an NE in place; he turned into a NEv.

-So I'm already fearful of what might happen to poor ol' Dimitri Caterwaulis.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 10:30
Quote:
PQ2
Oh no - another DC.
(-I was worried enough when there were rumours of Danny Cipriani turning up here).

-I think we all remember what happened to Nick Evans when he found there was already an NE in place; he turned into a NEv.

-So I'm already fearful of what might happen to poor ol' Dimitri Caterwaulis.

(Sm22)

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 10:45
According to Wikipedia, he'll be ok as he's "A Sidetrack Limiter" so should run straight lines and should show a "Trick Materialised" or two...

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 10:47
Quote:
Cookie
Calm down, FF. As has been discussed elsewhere, he was injured, they brought in Willie Du Plessis and now he can't back in front of him. Steyn is playing 12.

Er, sorry, what?

You blathered on on the other thread about how Catrakilis had lost his place. You didn't even know he'd picked up a bad injury and the guy starting for Montpellier was a short term injury cover signing (with Steyn also banned for a while). He's had all of two bench appearances - 11 minutes then 14 minutes - since the injury and given the side is playing well they don't need to rush him.

Saying "he can't get back in front of him" is ludicrous - he's just starting to recover from an ankle injury. Stop trying to twist the facts to suit the narrative you'd already formed on the basis of very little understanding of the situation. Let it go already.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Cookie (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 10:50
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Cookie

Er, sorry, what?

You blathered on on the other thread about how Catrakilis had lost his place. You didn't even know he'd picked up a bad injury and the guy starting for Montpellier was a short term injury cover signing (with Steyn also banned for a while). He's had all of two bench appearances - 11 minutes then 14 minutes - since the injury and given the side is playing well they don't need to rush him.

Saying "he can't get back in front of him" is ludicrous - he's just starting to recover from an ankle injury. Stop trying to twist the facts to suit the narrative you'd already formed on the basis of very little understanding of the situation. Let it go already.

I'll let you catch up with the rest of the thread to see if you want to stick with your comments. It's important to accept when you're wrong; and I did. I also addressed this nonsense that it was part of an agenda. It wasn't.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 10:56
I read the whole thread. You're being mealy-mouthed about it and sticking to the line that he can't get back in - something you've stated three times so far in this thread.

You were totally wrong initially and in light of that you should've just held your hands up and accepted that Montpellier's first choice flyhalf being on the bench post-injury is meaningless and dropped the whole thing, but you keep digging. Your constant attempts to bring it up, allied to your apparent role as the "reasonable" spokesman for the JK Out Brigade, does make me think you're being disingenuous.

Cookie (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 11:21
Not what I meant, but fair enough if that's your interpretation.

I've said before and I still say it, Catrikilis and Bothma are signings that address the issues we have and I have no problem with them, although I am hoping for more and bigger signings before the end of the summer.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 11:44
Me too.

I was thinking about this last night and they'd have to be Super Rugby types if they've not been snapped up yet.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 12:49
Quote:
Jammy Git
Me too.
I was thinking about this last night and they'd have to be Super Rugby types if they've not been snapped up yet.

Yup I think it's optimistic at this stage to expect any big names to come in.

People talk about NEv's wages now being freed up but I'd be surprised if we weren't banking on that anyway and it's been allocated elsewhere.

There are some gaps though, particularly if JK's apparent 10 to leave doesn't include Dickson, Evans and the academy players. So I certainly think we'll see some more bodies. Just not sure on the quality we'll be able to get.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 13:10
Quote:
Jammy Git
Me too.

I'd be rather happy if Fekitoa was one of those, I think there will be a feeding frenzy for the players of the two clubs Super Rugby decide to drop, one South African and one Australian I believe.

05 May, 2017 13:30
Two SA and one Aus teams to be cut, but the SDs are in a massive bunfight about it. The ARU CEO resigned yesterday, and the Rebels & Western Force (the two teams under consideration for the place being chopped) are making noises about legal battles, etc...

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 15:14
Quote:
Fearless Fred
The ARU CEO resigned yesterday, and the Rebels & Western Force (the two teams under consideration for the place being chopped) are making noises about legal battles, etc...

Who do they think they are? Saracens??!!

Cookie (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 10:36
Catrikilis on the bench again today. Make of that what you will.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 11:08
Sur Le pont Montpeliard,
On y peche, on y peche

(Sm157)(Sm100)

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 13:16
Quote:
Jake White
Hy is natuurlik 'n afrigter...

Edit: For the avoidance of doubt "He's obviously a finisher"

(Sm100)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2017 13:19 by Bolly-Quin.

Cookie (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 11:24
He finished the last 4 mins last night........

Almost quin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 17:06
I really don't think you can read to much into that he is leaving the club and they have other quality at 10 so no surprise to me he isn't starting. I will look forward to seeing him in a Quins shirt

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 19:32
I for one am hugely surprised that the guy whose season was interrupted by a bad ankle injury and who's only played ~20 minutes of rugby since February isn't playing more when they're winning all their matches.

Hugely surprised.

If you want to take this as a stick to beat him with then knock yourself out with it, because I'd rather judge a player on how his entire season went, and how his previous seasons have gone.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 19:33
Quote:
Jammy Git
I for one am hugely surprised that the guy whose season was interrupted by a bad ankle injury and who's only played ~20 minutes of rugby since February isn't playing more when they're winning all their matches.
Hugely surprised.

If you want to take this as a stick to beat him with then knock yourself out with it, because I'd rather judge a player on how his entire season went, and how his previous seasons have gone.

And it's always better to judge him after we've seen him play for us.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 12:51
As for Botica, place he's on loan to won Pro D2, not sure if mentioned above, so he has some silverware

London_Falcon (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 14:29
Don't think Botica is coming to Falcons.

But interesting that Toby Flood has just been released by Toulouse.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net