rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Saints match thread
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 19:07
Mobbs - you could see that the majority of the ground was standing up and applauding - great sporting class and support from Saints. If you get the opportunity, both games will be at the Gardens, so you have more than a good chance. (Sm128)

Navyquin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 19:08
Great to meet other travelling Quins fans, great support and great noise throughout. May not have been perfect but we got the final overall out come we wanted.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 19:14
Good to see saints fans giving Nev a standing ovation. It was a close one and I almost couldn't watch the last ten minutes but luckily they were better at stuffing up their chances than we were for once. And breaaathhhh. Onwards and upwards.....

MarchingIn (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 20:33
Congratulations on the LBP. I thought Quins showed a lot of grit and more tactical nous than I've seen in recent previous clashes.

I thought you got the better end of the ref today, but don't we all think that at times when things don't quite go our way?

A pleasure to applaud Evans off - quality and sportsmanship comes in every colour shirt, not just ours.

Nice that both Dicksons got to play what was the final top flight game for both together too, and thought Karl got a justifiably decent reception as well.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 21:17
Yeah, felt we did get the rub of the green. Familiarity with JP seemed to help!

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Quins4life (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 21:42
Quote:
Jammy Git

Saints had him last week too!!!

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 07:33
The atmosphere really came across well on TV and I know that all Quins fans would stand and applaud someone from another club who has had the impact that Evans has had on the team and the league. Hope the shoulders ok?

I thought Burrell and Lawes played well, Picamoles has the kind of stats that are baffling but what a player he is.

Our defence was fantastic but still conceded 3 times. Individual brain fart moments cost us and we left 2 tries and penalties out there. Doyle was a little lenient maybe but missed some of the wonkiest line outs I've ever seen.

Sinckler is starting to get a little wound up again so needs to calm down before New Zealand.

A bonkers game with great individual performances. That's why we love it and c'mon Stade!

SouthCoastQuin (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 07:36
Good to see Marler trying to calm Sinckler down

Rocker (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 07:55
That was far too close for comfort. A very exciting match to watch though. End to end stuff, lots of attacking intent down by both teams. Thought that Mathews was unlucky with the yellow. The away support was awesome, well done all. Louder than the saints fans on TV! Dickson was good, we're going to miss him unless we've got a better scrum half coming than has been announced so far. Our "senior" players really stood up, Horwil, Robshaw, Evans, Marler all had good games. Luamanu is a beast, of only we could consistently get the ball to him when he's moving at pace...
Well done Quins, players and coaches need to work on the brain farts and consistency then we could actually have something really good to celebrate. I've been critical of JK this season, but he's pulled out of the hat at the end when it mattered well done.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 09:54
Quote:
Quins4life
Quote:
Jammy Git

Saints had him last week too!!!

I meant in a personal sense. He was very friendly with our players and he's something of a local I think. Gave us plenty of chances.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 10:07
Good game that was interesting for the neutral observer, you did well to sneak in with the lbp

fandg2 (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 14:02
Quote:
Rocker
That was far too close for comfort. A very exciting match to watch though. End to end stuff, lots of attacking intent down by both teams. Thought that Mathews was unlucky with the yellow. The away support was awesome, well done all. Louder than the saints fans on TV! Dickson was good, we're going to miss him unless we've got a better scrum half coming than has been announced so far. Our "senior" players really stood up, Horwil, Robshaw, Evans, Marler all had good games. Luamanu is a beast, of only we could consistently get the ball to him when he's moving at pace...

When my wife came into the room she said 'I thought we were at the stoop last week', the chant was that loud on TV. Always thought Dicko was the best back up SH in the league and apart from one box kick did'nt do much else wrong all game. Marler for me was MOM, huge contribution. Agree with the comment re Luamanu, we could'nt quite get the timing right on the pass as he needed to check himself a few times. When we can hit him at pace the whole side will go up a gear, most improved player over the season for me.

Pleased we got what we went for and it did'nt come down to Harry Mallinders missed kick in front of the sticks. Good way to finish the season with a lot of positives and plenty of momentum to take into the players break and pre-season training

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 23:03
Quote:
Navyquin
Great to meet other travelling Quins fans, great support and great noise throughout. May not have been perfect but we got the final overall out come we wanted.

Some of the noise was superb. BT Commentary picked up on the "noise all around the stadium" at one point, but it was "COYQ", not "COYS"!

RocQuin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 09:16
Well, I had a really good afternoon at Northampton (not been there for a couple of seasons), tempered only by the fact that the man who has been running the blinker shop in Gloucester for many years now, seems to have opened a branch in Northampton and business must be looking up!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net