rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Best league finish in 3 season
Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 18:12
Not bad for a two bit outfit, with useless coaches and players who don't care - robbed of players for AI's and 6N's, perhaps we can get fifth next year - keep the improvement going...

Re: Best league finish in 3 season
Sketchley (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 18:17
If only we have a decent dor......... <<<<Sarcasm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2017 18:18 by Sketchley.

Almost quin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 18:22
About time for another Poll I think

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 18:24
JK must stay!

BB

DOK (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 18:39
The signs are good. I may even rescind my nastiness to Jamie Roberts having seen his post game reactions today. Maybe it just took him time to fit in or for the team to fit him in (as it were!). Now if, for once, we can hit the ground running next season (instead of just hitting the ground)* then perhaps we can have the kind of season we all believe the team is capable of!

*Same joke I make every year. Usually disappointed to be proved right.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 18:41
Enormous credit to the players, coaching staff, for achieving a 6th place finish, after a hugely challenging & quite disappointing season on the whole. It does feel like there has been a big change for the better somewhere over the last three months. Well done John Kingston. I wasnt the biggest fan of his appointment, but he has impressed more & more over the season. Nick Easter too, as our defence has really shown improvement. Compared to this time last year, I would say we are in a far more positive place, & there is scope for optimism. Never thought we were good enough for 6th the way we played earlier in the season, & the criticism was valid at that time. But its really nice to be able to feel & say a huge well done & thank you. Looking forward to next seasons rollercoaster ride!

Hellequin (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 18:57
I still don't think this has been a good season ok we finished 1 place better than last season, but the same issues still remain game wise we can't coordinate a decent kick chase, too many times the opposition run straight through our defence and our line out falls to pieces under pressure or we make silly errors.
League wise when we have won at home we haven't been dominant enough to secure bonus points and lost too many away games without being close enough to get a losing bonus point.

I really hope we can start to remedy these issues next season and get up to the highs of 2010-13. If we can stop the silly errors and coordinate set pieces and kick chases better we have a good enough squad to be in the top 4 and Euro knockouts.

Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
06 May, 2017 19:18
Good - interesting word isn't it.

What is a good season? if it is "win the league" and "lose the final" is bad, there are going to be lots of bad seasons.

If it is top 4, then again, there are going to be lots of bad seasons

Is it good when we finish in the top half of a league, where the salary cap provides a more level playing field, Is it good to be in the european cup, perhaps encouraging players to sign for us over other clubs? Does it bring more revenue for a club that does not make a profit.
If so is an OUTSTANDING season finishing top 4?

If so what does that make winning the league?

Whatever your personal definition - this season by the league table, was better than last year and better than the year before.

Did we play some good rugby - at times
Were we awful at other times - yes

I look at the squad and the way it has performed in the past couple of years and see this year to be an improvement and if you keep on improving you might get somewhere -
I'd rather be Quins than Northampton right now - as they are a side in decline...based on league position. Cold be a blip? Could be the start of a trend? Who knows.....

SiBolton (IP Logged)
07 May, 2017 22:37
Thought Roberts was good yesterday, then watched the recording when back home today and changed mind, he was immense, great in defence and in plenty of other areas
Defence has improved greatly as the season crept along, here's hoping it's starting to all gel

Closer & Closer (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 08:24
Things are cyclical with players developing and declining.

However Sarries have such strength in depth that their nominally second team ran Wasps close on Saturday.

JK has cited injury, international call ups as being a large contributory factor to our lack of success. Sarries have had similar problems but are "successful" due to this strength in depth and the quality of the backups. Players like Charlie Hodgson, Jim Hamilton, the Burgers and the sub international SA players have thrived in the atmosphere & culture the coaches have created.

Very few teams have his situation, even Tigers who in the past had numerous replacements willing to step up dont seem to have the quality now.

Unless the Sarries bubble of financial support bursts I can't see them not ending up top in the near future. Our success will be if we can break into the four and beating the Sales, Bath, Saints etc regularly. I may have to eat these words in the next couple of weeks but I think they will do the double again.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 09:30
I think the last 3 performances with a settled starting line up were a massive 'step up ' from what had gone before, despite losing two of them.

We were only 1BP away from the game against Saints being irrelevant to Champions Cup qualification , our defence is starting to look solid .

Im looking forward to next season , I think we are good enough for top 6 again and would like to get to the knockout stages of the Champions Cup .

JK's target this season was to get Champions Cup Rugby back , he's done that , so lets hope he and the squad continue to improve .

Rumours in TRP yesterday about Roberts going and Saili coming from Munster are interesting and another bit of the JK plan of not having current Internationals that are regularly away.

Anyway now looking forward to the Lions to ease the withdrawal symptoms .....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net