rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Double header
dr_miles (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 17:02
I know that this will set people off about the atmosphere etc, but Richmond council's website listing Twickenham events shows that the London Double Header is scheduled for September 2nd. The estimated attendance is 65000, so even they doubt its ability to sell out!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2017 17:06 by dr_miles.

Re: Double header
Dave1 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 17:37
HOpefully we can let London Irish have have the honour of losing a regular home game instead of us!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 17:56
it'd better be an away fixture if we're stuck with this rubbish again.

Dave L (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 18:19
Yes, now Irish are back I think it can return to the previous arrangement where we're an away team if we have to be involved at all.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 18:29
Are Irish back???? Bit harsh to write Yorks off already.

I thought the reason we played was financial (we were asked to return and paid for having it as a home match?)

Dave L (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 18:50
Yes, I was probably a bit hasty there but I don't see Irish messing it up.

Our reason for not being a home was always that we made more money with a full Stoop than at Twickenham. I don't know the exact ins and outs but on pure 'you need 50k to make money' at Twickenham logic, then with last year's crowd and splitting the cash 2 ways we'd still be better off at the Stoop and keeping all the takings. Then again, if we're paid handsomely by PRL the case may be different.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 19:20
I might be (probably am) wrong but I thought we did get a sweetener for it

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 21:45
Wasn't there the rumour that the PRL & RFU told us that if we were to be a home team last year, they'd look "more favourably" on us taking another home game across the A316 (on top of LDH and BG9)?

DazzaS (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 22:33
Aside from a champions cup semi final I cannot see the need or want for quins to take a game across to big stoop. Atmosphere is much better at normal stoop and 1 game as big game is enough otherwise will dilute the value of taking a game to HQ over Christmas.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 22:46
Quote:
DazzaS
Aside from a champions cup semi final I cannot see the need or want for quins to take a game across to big stoop. Atmosphere is much better at normal stoop and 1 game as big game is enough otherwise will dilute the value of taking a game to HQ over Christmas.

Think the word you're looking for begins with M and ends with Oney.

Monte (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 09:29
Originally ME was adamant one home game per season over the road. What we do with away is up to them

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net