rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

North stand
Stoquin (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 19:36
Drove past the Stoop this afternoon and trees removed behind north stand and an excavator there dig holes.

I know there has been talk of a replacement stand and a fairly major development incorporating a school or college but thought that had died.

Has anyone heard or know what is going on, could it be a new larger temporary stand?

Re: North stand
DazzaS (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 20:44
There's nothing official said and Quins have not put in planning permission to the council. Maybe it's getting the stadium ready for John Elton (there's a Rowan Atkinson sketch on that) and Pic N Mix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2017 22:09 by DazzaS.

johnlid (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 21:14
Just hope they don't ruin the pitch. Didn't Leicester do that?

Samquin (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 21:22
The stand is well past its sell by date. But it is probably part of the preparation for the 2 concerts.

PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 21:45
Maybe the trees have become unsafe and they are being cut down for safety reasons? How long have they been there?

Stoquin (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 08:46
The trees! for ever as long as I can remember.

Oh you mean the workmen, sorry, saw then yesterday, so probably started on Monday.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 20:39
Quote:
Samquin
The stand is well past its sell by date.

10 year temporary stand, wasn't it?

I know there was some fuss when it went up about the supporting posts at the front. Before the beginning of the next season kwin posted some before and after photos of a Will Greenwood try that were quite amusing and even prompted a response on here from Mark Evans, IIRC.

BB

Monte (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 07:05
Well I will be sitting or standing on pitch in 3 weeks time so I guess all the flooring will be going in but never thought trees would be sacrificed.

Tedquinton (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 13:28
I received a thank you for your support email from David Ellis. It stated we sold out 7 of our 9 prem matches. Sounds like it's time to expand the north stand.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 13:30
Any work at the moment will be about putting up the stage & rigging for the concert later this week.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 13:53
I can't believe the trees aren't Still Standing.

I was going to call the club while I was angry and give them a Rocket, Man. But from previous experience with their customer service, Sorry Seems to be The Hardest Word.

Then I calmed down and thought I suppose they have to Sacrifice something for this concert even if it is Breaking My Heart to see them go.

On the upside, I guess it will clear the skyline a bit so if you're in the south stand you'll be able to see the Sun Go Down.

Plus they might plant some saplings afterwards, so it's really only the Circle of Life.

So in the end I'm not totally depressed, just a little melancholy, a bit off-colour is the best way of putting it...I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 14:16
Quote:
blucherquin
I was going to call the club while I was angry and give them a Rocket, Man. But from previous experience with their customer service, Sorry Seems to be The Hardest Word.

Then I calmed down and thought I suppose they have to Sacrifice something for this concert even if it is Breaking My Heart to see them go.

On the upside, I guess it will clear the skyline a bit so if you're in the south stand you'll be able to see the Sun Go Down.

Plus they might plant some saplings afterwards, so it's really only the Circle of Life.

So in the end I'm not totally depressed, just a little melancholy, a bit off-colour is the best way of putting it...I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues.

Very good

Samquin (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 14:40
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
blucherquin

Very good

When you contact the club ask for Nikita Daniel.

DOK (IP Logged)
30 May, 2017 22:52
Quote:
Samquin
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
blucherquin

Very good

When you contact the club ask for Nikita Daniel.

Or Guy!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net