Doing our best to give Argentina points

Re: ARG vs ENG
Southwest Quin (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 20:33
13 - 10 ARG

17 June, 2017 20:36
Hummm going to be an interesting event me thinks, hostile crowd booing and whistling England kick, England giving stupid pens. Argentina going pack heavy.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 20:32
I said in the week, I think Collier should start this game

17 June, 2017 20:39
With what I'm seeing I have to agree......

17 June, 2017 20:45
13 - 13 Ford pen, more noise during kicks, nice to see the argie number 8 gesturing to the crowd to be quite.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 20:40
Never passes that Brown.....

17 June, 2017 20:46
13 - 18 ENG , scored by Francis created by Brown.

17 June, 2017 20:47
Conversion missed

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 20:42
Only seen a little of Francis in Super Rugby but I think Saints (and England) have got themselves a pretty useful player. Looks clever to me

17 June, 2017 20:53
Yarde looking quick tonight

17 June, 2017 20:57
HT ARG 13 ENG 18.

17 June, 2017 21:20
Small bit of argie bargie I the pitch following high tackle from May (arg player ducked into tackle so no yellow issued)

17 June, 2017 21:24
Try Argentina

blucherquin (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 21:19
Quote:
Southwest Quin
Yarde looking quick tonight

But defending like a drain

17 June, 2017 21:26
Poor by England

18 - 18 con missed

17 June, 2017 21:27
Drains can be quick...... winking smiley

17 June, 2017 21:29
Try England, scored by Care, created by Brown

17 June, 2017 21:31
18 - 25 con Ford, more jeers and whistles from the crowd

17 June, 2017 21:32
Try Argentina

blucherquin (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 21:27
That's two Argentina tries down to Yarde's poor defending

25-25

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/06/2017 21:28 by blucherquin.

17 June, 2017 21:33
25 - 25 con successful

blucherquin (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 21:33
And an England try for.....WILL COLLIER

MickyThe Lunch (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 21:42
Outstanding performance by Robshaw. How is he not a Lion? (I know - he's not Welsh) Likewise Brown who's been very creative today.

17 June, 2017 22:01
Full time ARG 25 - 35 ENG, Drop goal by Ford for the last score with 10 to go.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 22:05
[quote MickyThe Lunch]Outstanding performance by Robshaw. How is he not a Lion? (I know - he's not Welsh) Likewise Brown who's been very creative today.[/quote

Browns been bobbins until he wasn't picked

On the upside, Brian Moore raving about how good Collier is.

Yarde rightly being slammed for terrible defence

Dark Pies (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 22:22
All the Quins were good with the exception of Yarde who was flaky in defense and got very little ball. Collier has been immense in both matches...could we be losing 3 props to England during AI/6N?!?

Also: Ford was really very good.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 22:49
Bit harsh on Marland as I think Hartley missed his tackle leaving him exposed and thought Brown should have come across to cover. Marland didn't have a great game but nothing much went down his channel. The scrum became immovable when Will came on, Mullan doing well also. I think they will be with England a lot now. Is that why Bomb has tweeted about being #17 for next season. Two very entertaining tests with the Pumas, you want our defence to improve but then it wouldn't be so exiting.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
18 June, 2017 20:38
Quote:
Mayor West
Is that why Bomb has tweeted about being #17 for next season.

I don't think that's what he means MW as he says

"Can't wait for pre season number 17 tomorrow!!!"

So I'm guessing it's his 17th pre-season

West Stand, Block FD, Row S
@JT075 #COYQ

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
18 June, 2017 20:41
I'm sure he was telling us he was eyeing up Lambert's shirt as bench loosehead.

DOK (IP Logged)
18 June, 2017 20:44
Quote:
blucherquin
That's two Argentina tries down to Yarde's poor defending
25-25

Yup! That was my take on it.

However Mike Brown has rediscovered his mojo, which is great news.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
18 June, 2017 22:29
Sounds like he means 17th as player but could mean that he's involved with.We have Swainston next year for tight head but if both Synk and Will are with England we will need him.

Cookie (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 07:06
I think everyone's being too harsh on Yarde. The first try was down to Slade defending too narrow and the line not going up together. The second was a very clear overlap. Yarde was trying to call men across and they came too slowly (and Hartley missed his man). You could see his frustration after they scored.

Not always MY's biggest fan, but there's no way you can hang him out to dry for those 2 tries.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 09:26
I think that wingers quite often get the blame for poor defence but in reality they can be outnumbered or their inside man misses a tackle. Missing the man with the ball or poor positioning are defensive weaknesses. Marland seems to have to deal with overlaps a lot making him look bad.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 09:32
I like reading other forums to get a different view. As an example, the Bath board seem to think Underhill done well and looked, promising. Newcastle seemed to think he was poor and was lucky to start over Wilson. There is plenty more around different boards. Not really sure what this has to do with this thread tbh but thought I would share!!!

T-Bone (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 10:35
Entertaining game again. Brown's best game in a while. Care has had two good games. Robshaw good, as expected. Collier has been so solid both times he's come on.

I thought both centres were a bit off this week. Obviously not too bad given that we won, but not as good as the week before maybe.

May and Yarde don't really do it for me, just think they're both too inconsistent at the highest level.

Thought Underhill was slightly underwhelming, but again, as with centres, to win both tests away with a very young team is hugely impressive, so any criticisms are minor ones.

Generally a very good performance and very enjoyable to watch

1908 (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 23:13
What to do next sesaon at 10? Ford and Farrell? Farrell and Teo? Ford, Farrell and Teo at 13? Interesting dilemma for Eddie Jones. FWIW I would go with Farrell and Teo.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
20 June, 2017 07:58
Quote:
What to do next sesaon at 10? Ford and Farrell? Farrell and Teo? Ford, Farrell and Teo at 13? Interesting dilemma for Eddie Jones. FWIW I would go with Farrell and Teo.

It's a dilemma I'm glad we've got -- becoming a really big fan of Teo.

I think you could start to vary it depending on the opposition.

While Ford has his frailties, there's no arguing that he's a visionary of the game -- and his kicking out of hand and creativity has been great in Arg.

Jones I assume is going to start to integrate the players he thinks will be at their peak in Japan, don't forget that by the time the 6 nations is over it's less than a year and a half until the World Cup.

Other than resting the Lions in the autumn it will be fascinating to see who features...as I say, all these things are great problems to have finally.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
20 June, 2017 08:06
Maybe we could enter two teams in the world cup!!!

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
20 June, 2017 15:27
Quote:
T-Bone
Entertaining game again. Brown's best game in a while. Care has had two good games. Robshaw good, as expected. Collier has been so solid both times he's come on.
I thought both centres were a bit off this week. Obviously not too bad given that we won, but not as good as the week before maybe.

May and Yarde don't really do it for me, just think they're both too inconsistent at the highest level.

Thought Underhill was slightly underwhelming, but again, as with centres, to win both tests away with a very young team is hugely impressive, so any criticisms are minor ones.

Generally a very good performance and very enjoyable to watch

Apparently that defensive scrum was timed at 21 seconds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/06/2017 15:32 by RodneyRegis.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
20 June, 2017 15:36
It is quite something that for a team that's always thought of as "Fancy Dans", our academy has brought through two Lions props, and a third prop that's in contention for a place in the England Squad! Collier was unlucky with injuries a couple of seasons ago, as he was already on the fringes of the EPS only to get injured before touring.

poorfour (IP Logged)
21 June, 2017 21:18
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Maybe we could enter two teams in the world cup!!!

Would you put a Robshaw in each, or save both of them for one team?

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
24 June, 2017 18:05
Quote:
It is quite something that for a team that's always thought of as "Fancy Dans"...

Not since the early 90s, surely? smiling smiley

BB

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net