rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Lions vs Chiefs
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
18 June, 2017 10:08
Sinck not involved, prob a test bench spot (unless Gatland decides to use Francis, or call up the guy from Cardiff youth squad) (Sm161)

Lions team to face Chiefs:

L Williams (Wales); J Nowell (England), J Payne (Ireland), R Henshaw (Ireland), E Daly (England); D Biggar (Wales), G Laidlaw (Scotland); J Marler (England), R Best (Ireland), D Cole (England), I Henderson (Ireland), C Lawes (England), J Haskell (England), J Tipuric (Wales), C Stander (Ireland).

Replacements:

K Dacey (Wales), A Dell (Scotland), T Francis (Wales), C Hill (Wales), AW Jones (Wales), G Davies (Wales), F Russell (Scotland), T Seymour (Scotland).

Re: Lions vs Chiefs
T-Bone (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 11:28
Decent team.

I don't think Marler could have done much more to get into the test squad. Gave away a penalty at the end against the Blues, but has been very solid so far, and nor sure McGrath has been noticeably better. Obviously biased though.

Shame none of the back three players in the squad have done much on this tour. Can't say any of them have done anything to show they should definitely start the tests, and I include Halfpenny in that, but with Farrell in doubt then his kicking makes his case that much stronger.

No Joseph at all, so I wonder if he might be a bench option fir tests?

Thought Daly might have been a useful utility option for the tests but again, he's had a slightly disappointing tour. Nothing obviously wrong, but hasn't make a really strong case.

Not sure if there was a separate thread for the Maori game, but was pleasantly surprised at the result and performance. Opposition were much weaker than I expected, but got to give credit to the Lions for making them look average.

Someone who I have been very surprised with this tour is Te'o. Couldn't believe he was selected, but he has been one of the real bolters

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net