01 July, 2017 20:03

Re: Allegedly next seasons home shirt
harryquins (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 20:13
Pretty dire. Huge let down from last season

Hellequin (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 20:23
Looks like a training/ supporter shirt (hopefully) if not very glad I got the 150 shirt for Xmas.

Also says "A SHIRT BASED ON HARLEQUINS' HOME JERSEY." rather than Harlequins new home jersey.

harryquins (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 20:35
Just clocked that and it says quins will wear 'a version of this shirt when they play at home'. Just had a look at the super rugby sides shirts on the website and they have sponsors on, whereas the quins one doesn't. Fingers crossed it isn't the real deal

DazzaS (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 20:44
May be a supporters version based on it. I did say allegedly. But i guess we will find out this week

harryquins (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 20:38
Is there a date set to announce it?

DazzaS (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 21:28
No. But traditionally quins unveil new shirt in first week of julu which fits in with the club captains being at Twickenham for the fixtures announcement. Fixtures unveiled this Friday

Robertquin (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 21:38
It's awful. Please no....

Mayor West (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 06:45
From what my insider told me, this isn't far off their description. It fits in with the detail that the shorts will be quartered too. I'm not sure. Not much green and black these days either.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 07:33
I hope not. It's awful.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 08:00
Quote:
Mayor West
From what my insider told me, this isn't far off their description. It fits in with the detail that the shorts will be quartered too. I'm not sure. Not much green and black these days either.

Quartered shorts, is that why the top quarters are much larger than the bottom ones (Quartered shorts would even this out)

Mayor West (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 13:07
That's what I was thinking Honky Tonk. Perhaps they will have one green sock and one black one to get those colours in.

02 July, 2017 13:32
Can't quite see what the main problem is with it, its a bright Quins shirt....so what?

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 19:52
Is that bloke our new second row replacement?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 20:05
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum
Can't quite see what the main problem is with it, its a bright Quins shirt....so what?

It's nothing like the traditional Quins shirt. It's hideous.

Yareet (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 20:39
Quote:
RodneyRegis

It's nothing like the traditional Quins shirt.

It's not dissimilar [media.gettyimages.com]

mikepw (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 22:13
Any relation to the shirts Dippy has been giving out in California?

[www.quins.co.uk]

Yareet (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 22:51
Quote:
mikepw
[www.quins.co.uk]

Is that not the 15/16 kit?

[www.quins.co.uk]

DazzaS (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 23:50
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
mikepw
[www.quins.co.uk]

Is that not the 15/16 kit?

[www.quins.co.uk]

Yep it is

Navyquin (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 15:59
It looks like Adidas have taken the image down now.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 16:23
So it has, Maybe got put up a bit too early.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 17:54
Quote:
DazzaS

Very odd that it has no sponsor logo on it.

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 19:35
Quote:
DazzaS

In that case, it probably was the real deal. I didn't see it, but it doesn't sound like something I should be looking forward to seeing ...

yxxis (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 17:40
[twitter.com]

Apparently the new shirts are already being sold at sports direct. The alternate looks nice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2017 17:41 by yxxis.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 17:49
I am sure I will be among the few that like it but... the main question for me is why are the shirts on sale before official release??

If true of course

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2017 17:50 by HonkyTonk.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 17:55
I thought that the dominant colour on an away shirt had to be light (white, yellow, luminous green, etc...)

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 17:57
Big game shirt??

akb1 (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 18:17
Surprised that DHL is plastered across the front of it.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 18:29
Can't be official ones without the logo surely?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 05:19
Quote:
Fearless Fred
I thought that the dominant colour on an away shirt had to be light (white, yellow, luminous green, etc...)

No rules and no requirement to even have one:

Clubs choose when shirt is worn and there are no rules on "clashes".

DazzaS (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 07:44
What on earrh is that abomination for a shirt pn the left????

DazzaS (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 08:02
It could be the training shirt and not the awsy shirt

akb1 (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 09:02
The training shirt is [shop.quins.co.uk]

never sleep (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 09:11
It may be that the red shirt might be a "Territory" shirt. If so, then the camouflage may be a map of Twickenham and there will be coordinates of the Stoop on the sleeve. It may be a special shirt for the Champions Cup.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 09:48
There is another option. I remember someone from Quins calling last season and asked what do I think of the option of the Big Game shirt also becoming the European away shirt too. Maybe its that. The European Away and Big Game 10 shirt.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 11:00
Quote:
DazzaS

It'll be the "european" kit or change kit or whatever you want to call it.

DOK (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 12:02
Quote:
DazzaS

I think it's an Arsenal shirt someone used to clean a particularly dirty car! smiling smiley

Fanski (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 13:06
What on earth has this to do with Quins.

It is not a Quins shirt, not quins colours, not quarters, looks ,like a Sarries shirt.

I guess I have just saved £50 plus will not buy that crap

13 July, 2017 13:30
If you look at the photos from the Tweet closer, The way the panels of the shirt are stitched together look completely wrong for a shirt to be worn by *anyone*. The front of both seems to be a rectangle attached from a point somewhere below the collarbone, an inch or more inboard from the seam for the armpit. The panel then goes straight down from there. That looks totally unwearable…

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 13:44
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Fearless Fred

No rules and no requirement to even have one:

Clubs choose when shirt is worn and there are no rules on "clashes".

That's interesting. There were quite strict rules on it last season (and before afaik) - basically PRL approve the shirts and decide when they are worn, according to the regulations.

When did they drop this? The clubs had to get their shirt proposals in for this season by 10th Feb 2017.

BB

Cookie (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 14:21
Well, if these are accurate, I'll be saving myself a few quid this season.

DOK (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 19:47
Quote:
Fearless Fred
If you look at the photos from the Tweet closer, The way the panels of the shirt are stitched together look completely wrong for a shirt to be worn by *anyone*. The front of both seems to be a rectangle attached from a point somewhere below the collarbone, an inch or more inboard from the seam for the armpit. The panel then goes straight down from there. That looks totally unwearable…

It certainly looks weird doesn't it? No doubt it's a cunning plan to help hold the ball in the wet or some such!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 22:11
Quote:
Fanski
What on earth has this to do with Quins.
It is not a Quins shirt, not quins colours, not quarters, looks ,like a Sarries shirt.

I guess I have just saved £50 plus will not buy that crap

Erm, well dear, one of them is quartered in Quins colours, the other is the change shirt - which has rarely been either quartered or a quins colour....

jonf (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 08:17
that away shirt has to be the worst sports shirt I have ever seen. home shirt just looks odd with the top part longer.

will be wearing my 150 shirt again...

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 12:24
Can Quinssa be engaged to lobby the Merchandising Madmen to stop effing messing around with the design and revert to good old fashioned 280gm cotton NEC Harlequins or the Flowers Original shirts! And in big sizes, up to 4X, with short sleeves.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 12:33
yeah but if you dont sell shirts you gotta pay more for your ST innit....

jonf (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 12:53
if they made decent shirts they may sell a few more. who in their right mind would pay for the away shirt? might be ok if you like looking as if you have been rolling around in dirty oil. the home shirt from season just ended has shown they can make a decent shirt but it looks like the mad people are in charge of shirt design again.

make a good product at a realistic price and it sells, make junk and overcharge then it will not.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 13:01
Quote:
Fearless Fred

I read somewhere the suggestion that the shorts will also be quartered, and will match with the shirt; hence the lowere part of the shirt and the shorts combine to make a bigger panel. Kind of. If that makes sense.

No idea if that's true though.

Cookie (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 13:37
Anyone else seen the dreadful supporter tees and hoodies as revealed by the Friends page on FB?

If you didn't like the playing kit..........

14 July, 2017 13:37
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Fearless Fred

I read somewhere the suggestion that the shorts will also be quartered, and will match with the shirt; hence the lowere part of the shirt and the shorts combine to make a bigger panel. Kind of. If that makes sense.

No idea if that's true though.

But that wouldn't necessitate having the rectangular panel "plonked" on the front like it is in those photos. Look at it:

https://image.ibb.co/kfqRSv/Screen_Shot_2017_07_14_at_13_45_50.png

How does having those obviously seams on the front work with having quartered shorts? Those seams going down to the bottom of the shirt go right through the two bottom "quarter" colours. Also, Replica shirts always include at least the main sponsor logos on them. Look at last season's shirt. Even on a milestone such as the 150th year, we were obliged to have the DHL logo on the front of the replica shirt. But for some reason it's not required this year? Also, look at the weird seams on the sleeve on the right of the image. There's absolutely no design that would need a seam like that. I'm dubious to say the least that this is an actual Adidas replica shirt for the coming season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/07/2017 13:39 by Fearless Fred.

jonf (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 14:29
Quote:
Cookie
Anyone else seen the dreadful supporter tees and hoodies as revealed by the Friends page on FB?

Even Quins marketing people would not sanction that....but...if the away shirt is as bad as it appears to be then it is possible...

Dark Pies (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 15:15
How can those be official home/away shirts with no sponsor logos??

Something isn't right...

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 16:05
Take the "r" out and it fits.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 19:06
Quote:
Dark Pies
How can those be official home/away shirts with no sponsor logos??
Something isn't right...

Quite

SiBolton (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 19:18
Are you suggesting that it's some elaborate hoax?
They are for sale inLillywhites

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 19:39
They look like cheap knock-offs

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

akb1 (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 19:56
Quote:
SiBolton
Are you suggesting that it's some elaborate hoax?
They are for sale inLillywhites

Lillywhites is a Sports Direct store so I'm not surprised they are selling them if someone has already seen the in Sports Direct.
I am still surprised there isn't DHL on the front.

jonf (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 21:45
There has been a growing risk that the Quins management team would start to destroy the shirt....

SiBolton (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 21:55
Quote:
jonf
There has been a growing risk that the Quins management team would start to destroy the shirt....

Do you honestly believe that with Adidas as a sponsor the management have any say in the design
And to think the management would want to destroy the shirt is just bollox,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/07/2017 09:08 by SiBolton.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 07:31
Quote:
jonf

Yeah. Sure.

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 12:45
Quote:
jonf

Laughable.

DOK (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 18:23
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
jonf

Laughable.

Yes, I think it takes the award for "any stick to beat a dog", but it does raise a wry smile! smiling smiley

dancing quin (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 21:13
Quote:
Cookie

They just copied that from the round window in 'Play Away'.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 10:40
John Kingston has been describing the new Quins shirt to the media yesterday. "The new 6-pack shirt panel will perform several functions for our players this season. As shown by TV's Cascais Shore reality star, Donaldo, the panel will develop mussel tone during the game and will promote front-up, clear thinking". The design, championed by CEO Ellice Pound-Note, will be a winner, says Kingston, who has beeen trialing it during the clothes season.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 11:07
(Sm143)

DazzaS (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 14:05
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
John Kingston has been describing the new Quins shirt to the media yesterday. "The new 6-pack shirt panel will perform several functions for our players this season. As shown by TV's Cascais Shore reality star, Donaldo, the panel will develop mussel tone during the game and will promote front-up, clear thinking". The design, championed by CEO Ellice Pound-Note, will be a winner, says Kingston, who has beeen trialing it during the clothes season.

I know those words are English but i dont understand it

Quin Kong (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 15:47
Quote:
Bolly-Quin

Outstanding!

QUIN KONG

Mayor West (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 19:20
Will these functions work with the supporter shirts too? I do hope so as I am fond of mussels as is the Lady Mayoress.

cannibal (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 20:00
I'm afraid to say but that very probably is the new home shirt. Just clocked the new Munster tops and the collar is the exact same as this. Adidas seem to be sticking with the 3 lines over the shoulders too. Not impressed and won't be purchasing. I assume the bottom part of the "top half"is to submit a sponsor name but won't improve this shirt. Hope I'm wrong but fearing the worst.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 20:24
Quote:
Mayor West
Will these functions work with the supporter shirts too? I do hope so as I am fond of mussels as is the Lady Mayoress.

A story to warm the cockles...

PQ2 (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 08:43
- We shouldn't take the rise out of our JK - he might clam up

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 09:09
Talking after the press conference, Kingston assured Alla Vongole, Conor O'Shea's Italian dietician and her French counterpart, J-P Alourde, that the designer, Bill Barnacle from Musselburgh, Scotland, would honour all orders, even after Brexit.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 14:54
The trouble with JK is he is inward looking and a bit shellfish for my liking.

PQ2 (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 15:04
Agreed - takes ages to winkle anything out of the man

Mayor West (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 20:39
JK can get a bit crabbie if you rub him up the wrong way. You don't want that on your conchience. Rememmember that you little urchins.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net