rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Fixtures out today at 11am.
DazzaS (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 07:49
I will not deny I am excited. Been ages since club rugby and I am looking froward to the new season. I know we had the England tour and Lions tour is still ongoing. I know our boys have been playing and doing well. But even so, I seem to get more fun out of games like Harlequins v Wasps or Northampton v Leicester etc.

Does that make sense?

Re: Fixtures out today at 11am.
Cookie (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 08:12
For me, nothing can top watching the Lions. Since I can remember I haven't missed a single minute of a single game, I went to Australia and will be going to SA.

England and Quins on a similar level.

DOK (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 08:14
Interesting background here while you wait [www.premiershiprugby.com]

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 08:26
I just want to:

1. See our first home game on a Saturday 3pm.
2. Have an opposition at Big Game that'll make for a good game that we win.

johnlid (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 08:31
I would very tentatively hazard a guess that we'll play every Prem team home and away

DazzaS (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 08:45
Interesting that the first 10 rounds of matches that will be on TV is being announced today as well. Hopefully they are listening that fans don't want to be dropped in it at last minute that a match suddenly becomes a TV game. Am I correct in thinking this season is the first of 80 games being broadcast. take out 2 semis and final that's 77 games over 22 weeks. So every 2 rounds could be 4 games being shown instead of usual 3.

07 July, 2017 09:00
I think you're right, Dazza, that BT have the rights now for "up to 80" games. Five of them will be simulcast with Channel 5 as well.

Finknottle (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 09:07
Does anyone know when the Euro fixtures are due to be announced?

07 July, 2017 09:39
I think they announce rounds 1-4 of the European competitions some time in August, typically....

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 09:47
Quote:
Fearless Fred
I just want to:
1. See our first home game on a Saturday 3pm.
2. Have an opposition at Big Game that'll make for a good game that we win.

I'm the same, although I'd like to see all home games on a Saturday at 3pm

DazzaS (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 09:48
Round 1
Saturday 2nd September: London Irish v Harlequins, Twickenham Stadium, 16:30 (live on BT Sport)

Round 2
Saturday 9th September: Harlequins v Gloucester Rugby, The Stoop, 15:00

Round 3
Sunday 17th September: Wasps v Harlequins, Ricoh Arena, 15:00 (live on BT Sport)

Round 4
Saturday 23rd September: Harlequins v Leicester Tigers, The Stoop, 15:00 (live on BT Sport)

Round 5
Saturday 30th September: Northampton Saints v Harlequins, Franklin's Gardens, 15:00

Round 6
Friday 6th October: Harlequins v Sale Sharks, The Stoop, 19:45 (live on BT Sport)

Round 7
Saturday 28th October: Harlequins v Worcester Warriors, The Stoop, 15:00

Round 8
Sunday 19th November: Exeter Chiefs v Harlequins, Sandy Park, 15:00 (live on BT Sport)

Round 9
Saturday 25th November: Bath Rugby v Harlequins, The Rec, 12:15

Round 10
Sunday 3rd December: Harlequins v Saracens, The Stoop, 15:00 (live on BT Sport)

Round 11
Saturday 23rd December: Newcastle Falcons v Harlequins, Kingston Park, TBC

Round 12
Saturday 30th December: Harlequins v Northampton Saints, Twickenham Stadium, TBC, BIG GAME 10

Round 13
Saturday 6th January: Sale Sharks v Harlequins, AJ Bell Stadium, TBC

Round 14
Saturday 10th February: Harlequins v Wasps, The Stoop, TBC

Round 15
Saturday 17th February: Leicester Tigers v Harlequins, Welford Road, TBC

Round 16
Saturday 24th February: Harlequins v Newcastle Falcons, The Stoop, TBC

Round 17
Saturday 3rd March: Harlequins v Bath Rugby, The Stoop, TBC

Round 18
Saturday 24th March: Saracens v Harlequins, Allianz Park, TBC

Round 19
Saturday 7th April: Harlequins v London Irish, The Stoop, TBC

Round 20
Saturday 14th April: Gloucester Rugby v Harlequins, Kingsholm Stadium, TBC

Round 21
Saturday 28th April: Worcester Warriors v Harlequins, Sixways Stadium, TBC

Round 22
Saturday 5th May: Harlequins v Exeter Chiefs, The Stoop, TBC

akb1 (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 09:50
Round 18

Not Wembley - or will it be moved?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 09:53
Games at Saints and Bath not on telly - may need to make the trip then smiling smiley

Ricoh on 17/9 looks good too.

07 July, 2017 09:53
So, one Friday evening game in the first half of the Premiership fixtures. I don't mind the Sunday afternoon kick-offs. I can still make a decent day out from that. I think the 30th is a good shout for BG10. I guess that the Sarries game in March will get moved as usual to Wembley. And let's hope the last home game goes better than the season before last when it was Conor's last game in charge!

DazzaS (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 10:10
Quins have confirmed Big Game 10 is on Saturday 30th December

akb1 (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 10:14
Venue to be confirmed for the Sarries away game on their site. [saracens.com]

Cookie (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 10:26
Northampton and Bath booked - having to stay in Chippenham for the latter as Bath hotel prices already nonsensical. No interest in Wasps and Exeter on a Sunday (and week before Bath).

SiBolton (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 10:37
Gutted first away game ( aside from LDH) is Wasps have always done first away for a while, but won't go back to the atmosphere Hoover the Ricoh again, it's terrible
Would be very happy to go to Aliens park, as much like Ricoh won't do Wembley anymore for same reason

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 10:53
Saracens twitter just confirmed that our fixture with them will actually be played at the London stadium instead of Wembley.

Monte (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 11:05
Does the 'London Stadium' mean Allianz? In English?

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 11:05
Ah sorry, I used the official name because that's what it said on the tweet. The London stadium is the official name for the Olympic stadium in Stratford.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 11:06
Quote:
WellingQuin
Saracens twitter just confirmed that our fixture with them will actually be played at the London stadium instead of Wembley.

That could be interesting

Cookie (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 11:15
Quote:
WellingQuin

FA Trophy and a couple of other finals being played that weekend at Wembley.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 11:28
I like the Olympic Stadium. I enjoyed the Olympics and Paralympics there, I liked all the anniversary games there. I'm going to the world para athletics and world athletics over next month. Also went to 3 rugby world cup matches and enjoyed the atmosphere.

07 July, 2017 11:37
The London Stadium is a nice enough stadium in and of itself. The problem is getting away from it afterwards. I did two games from RWC2015 there, and both times involved lengthy queues to get into the station, worse even than along Olympic Way at Wembley. At least there it's pedestrianised.

PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 11:37
Quote:
DazzaS
I like the Olympic Stadium. I enjoyed the Olympics and Paralympics there, I liked all the anniversary games there. I'm going to the world para athletics and world athletics over next month. Also went to 3 rugby world cup matches and enjoyed the atmosphere.

What's it like now though since West Ham moved in?

I went to a World Cup warm up match when the sprinklers came on during the game. I was quite far up from the action until half time when I moved seats and sat on the running track.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 11:51
Is there a hotel on the plot at Stratford that anyone has used?

DazzaS (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 12:31
Quote:
PeterboroughQuin
Quote:
DazzaS

I went to a World Cup warm up match when the sprinklers came on during the game. I was quite far up from the action until half time when I moved seats and sat on the running track.

I will find out this Sunday when i go to the arhletics

SiBolton (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 12:28
You'd think that Quinssa may run a bus from the Stoop to Sarries and that would take away a lot of the delays etc

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 12:36
Also being a West Ham fan, I now know my way around Stratford quite well. Plenty of ways to avoid the queues. Stratford High St DLR is where I have gone after. No queuing at all. There are plenty of ways/routes that avoid the crowd if you are happy to walk. As for the Stadium, will never be Upton Park but that is another story, food and drink outside is very good (food can be expensive). Inside the Stadium is lovely, people complain about the views and I was dubious, but in truth I thought they were fine. I have attended the Rugby and Athletics there also and had a great time.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 13:57
Quote:
DazzaS
Round 1
Saturday 2nd September: London Irish v Harlequins, Twickenham Stadium, 16:30 (live on BT Sport)

Round 2
Saturday 9th September: Harlequins v Gloucester Rugby, The Stoop, 15:00

Round 3
Sunday 17th September: Wasps v Harlequins, Ricoh Arena, 15:00 (live on BT Sport)

Round 4
Saturday 23rd September: Harlequins v Leicester Tigers, The Stoop, 15:00 (live on BT Sport)

Round 5
Saturday 30th September: Northampton Saints v Harlequins, Franklin's Gardens, 15:00

Round 6
Friday 6th October: Harlequins v Sale Sharks, The Stoop, 19:45 (live on BT Sport)

Round 7
Saturday 28th October: Harlequins v Worcester Warriors, The Stoop, 15:00

Round 8
Sunday 19th November: Exeter Chiefs v Harlequins, Sandy Park, 15:00 (live on BT Sport)

Round 9
Saturday 25th November: Bath Rugby v Harlequins, The Rec, 12:15

Round 10
Sunday 3rd December: Harlequins v Saracens, The Stoop, 15:00 (live on BT Sport)

Round 11
Saturday 23rd December: Newcastle Falcons v Harlequins, Kingston Park, TBC

Round 12
Saturday 30th December: Harlequins v Northampton Saints, Twickenham Stadium, TBC, BIG GAME 10

Round 13
Saturday 6th January: Sale Sharks v Harlequins, AJ Bell Stadium, TBC

Round 14
Saturday 10th February: Harlequins v Wasps, The Stoop, TBC

Round 15
Saturday 17th February: Leicester Tigers v Harlequins, Welford Road, TBC

Round 16
Saturday 24th February: Harlequins v Newcastle Falcons, The Stoop, TBC

Round 17
Saturday 3rd March: Harlequins v Bath Rugby, The Stoop, TBC

Round 18

Round 19
Saturday 7th April: Harlequins v London Irish, The Stoop, TBC

Round 20
Saturday 14th April: Gloucester Rugby v Harlequins, Kingsholm Stadium, TBC

Round 21
Saturday 28th April: Worcester Warriors v Harlequins, Sixways Stadium, TBC

Round 22
Saturday 5th May: Harlequins v Exeter Chiefs, The Stoop, TBC

I don't believe it.

What about all the Friday and Sunday games?

Rhubarb.

07 July, 2017 14:35
Quote:
QuickerQuin

I don't believe it.

What about all the Friday and Sunday games?

Rhubarb.

Well, we've still got the European games, the Anglo Welsh games, and the second half of the Premiership games yet to be scheduled! (Sm100)

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 14:59
Quote:
deadlyfrom5yardsout

Bates Motel?

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 18:33
Early home fixtures couldn't have worked out much worse for me ... I think I miss 3 out of the first 4 home games.

DOK (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 21:10
Comment from Saracens on London Stadium

Quote:
We have enjoyed a number of successful years with Wembley Stadium however despite continued attempts over the past year to build on the long term relationship Wembley have not matched our ambition.

You feel there's a whole story to tell behind that sentence!

DOK (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 21:12
Actually at the LDH, the first match Sarries vs Saints could be a cracker.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 21:17
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Also being a West Ham fan...

I always knew you were a good bloke winking smiley

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 09:21
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
deadlyfrom5yardsout

Bates Motel?

I've heard the people there are a right shower.

Almost quin (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 13:23
Any news on pre season friendlies

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2017 15:57 by Almost quin.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 13:43
[quote HonkyTonk]Also being a West Ham fan, I now know my way around Stratford quite well. Plenty of ways to avoid the queues. Stratford High St DLR is where I have gone after. No queuing at all. There are plenty of ways/routes that avoid the crowd if you are happy to walk. As for the Stadium, will never be Upton Park but that is another story, food and drink outside is very good (food can be expensive). Inside the Stadium is lovely, people complain about the views and I was dubious, but in truth I thought they were fine. I have attended the Rugby and Athletics there also and had a great time.[/quote

Stadium a nice place to sit, been there for rugby and gigs. BUT food and beer queues appalling - and there is NOTHING to do there before the game; you've got a choice between concrete wasteland of the stadium or bloody Westfield which is vile beyond belief.

My top tips are - go drinking on the river in central London or docklands and only show up in time for kick off - makes it a great afternoon out.

rdc (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 17:36
Anyone know when the download able calendar will be available?

09 July, 2017 18:39
Quote:
rdc

It's already available. Subscribe to the link here, and it'll update asa later fixtures are finalised...

Nemoquin (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 19:57
I tried to download the fixtures earlier, but nothing happened. I tried again and again nothing. However, I just looked at my calendar and found the fixtures downloaded three times.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 20:02
Quote:
Almost quin
Any news on pre season friendlies

Away to Bristol on 5 August 2.30 pm.

rdc (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 05:52
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
rdc

It's already available. Subscribe to the link here, and it'll update asa later fixtures are finalised...
Thanks

DazzaS (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 09:10
Quote:
PeterboroughQuin
Quote:
DazzaS

To report back after going there yesterday, It is still the Olympic Stadium for me. Apart from the seats, the West Ham branding have been taken down for the athletics. No hammers iconography anywhere. The shirts, the hammer cross arms hanging up have gone, the West Ham United name above the stadium has gone the logos on the wraps disappeared in favour of British Athletics.

Bear in mind when we play Saracens in March it will be there again but even so, the stadium is still in good condition, the planting at the Olympic Park has really come to bloom now.

Clock1989 (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 19:39
Just a heads up and apologies if posted already.
Saracens have an early bird 25% off tickets for our match in March at Stratford.
Runs to the 25th Oct on their site.
Sorry can't do the link.

MrOther (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 20:13
Quote:
Clock1989
Just a heads up and apologies if posted already.
Saracens have an early bird 25% off tickets for our match in March at Stratford.
Runs to the 25th Oct on their site.
Sorry can't do the link.

Thx.

Couldn't find the link immediately, so here it is.

[saracens.shop.secutix.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net