Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from GoogleQuins Official SiteDiamond Geezers Website

Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

O/T England women sacked...
blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 12:18
The RFU website is full of promotion of the women's team ahead of the World Cup...

[www.englandrugby.com]

But no mention that just as women's sport is starting to gain more support and tv coverage, they're cancelling the XV contracts, that some of them gave up jobs to take.

Classy move RFU, the finances here become irrelevant for such a rich organisation - its job is to set an example because it can afford to do so. Terrible message to send out at exactly the wrong time.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/07/2017 12:30 by blucherquin.

Re: O/T England women sacked...
Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 12:41
Quote:
But no mention that just as women's sport is starting to gain more support and tv coverage, they're cancelling the XV contracts...

They're not cancelling them - they're just not renewing them.

BB

blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 13:02
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
But no mention that just as women's sport is starting to gain more support and tv coverage, they're cancelling the XV contracts...

Yes ok, I'm sure the nuance will be comforting as they prepare to defend their World Cup.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 13:17
Im not defending the RFU, I don't see why they have to do this, even if they are still going to award some with Sevens contracts BUT, wasn't this on the cards anyway???

blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 13:25
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Im not defending the RFU, I don't see why they have to do this, even if they are still going to award some with Sevens contracts BUT, wasn't this on the cards anyway???

Well apparently not according to Maggie Alphonsi and others who are saying it's terrible.

I can understand how you can make this decision in an office without thinking about the message it send out - but not how it makes it from the office through the boardroom and press office without someone stopping it looking so bad.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 13:40
Agree. I don't really understand why they cant have a large group of contracted players that covers the 15s and 7s. lets face it money is not really an issue. Contracts for 15s will be issued again in the lead up to the 2021 world cup!!!

Also reading how there are problems with the new Womens Super League. Loughborough having trouble getting a squad together. I gather the expectation was that the players from Lichfield would join Loughborough, however that appears to not be the case.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 13:48
Out of interest, and not trying to make a point in the RFU's defence, are the contracts they give out to the women (or gave out) full time central contracts? So women contracted by RFU who can tell clubs when they can and can't play? i.e. is it the opposite of the men's game, where the clubs employ the players and get payments for release to England, and England players have no contract with RFU, just payments as and when picked to train and play?

10 (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 14:02
Seems a very backward step, from a very rich organisation.

Either way this is easily resolved.

The men's team should refuse to take part in the Autumn series until resolved satisfactorily.

Not only will the English RFU get grief from the English fans but also other country RFU's for messing with their fixtures and finances.

Basically the senior players need to come together, put the RFU back in their box and remind them that it's the grass root families, players and fans who own this wonderful game.

Come on Robshaw, Brown, Marler, Sinkler - have a word!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 14:06
Quote:
T-Bone
Out of interest, and not trying to make a point in the RFU's defence, are the contracts they give out to the women (or gave out) full time central contracts? So women contracted by RFU who can tell clubs when they can and can't play? i.e. is it the opposite of the men's game, where the clubs employ the players and get payments for release to England, and England players have no contract with RFU, just payments as and when picked to train and play?

Yes, contracted to RFU and released for club games. Ritchie made big announcement at the time relating to increasing women's participation, and a number of players gave up their jobs for the full-time contracts. They were only awarded last year.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

10 (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 14:39
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
T-Bone

Yes, contracted to RFU and released for club games. Ritchie made big announcement at the time relating to increasing women's participation, and a number of players gave up their jobs for the full-time contracts. They were only awarded last year.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Disgraceful behaviour - RFU shouldn't be allowed to get away with it

Given the men are contracted with their premiership clubs, following on from my message above re autumn series boycott, then perhaps such a boycott is best best coming from a combo of the RPA and Premiership rugby clubs

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 15:13
Absolutely disgraceful. Give someone a contract and honour it.

Let's all go on strike because the RFU honoured some contracts.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 15:27
Quote:

The men's team should refuse to take part in the Autumn series until resolved satisfactorily.

Not only will the English RFU get grief from the English fans but also other country RFU's for messing with their fixtures and finances.

Basically the senior players need to come together, put the RFU back in their box and remind them that it's the grass root families, players and fans who own this wonderful game.

Why would the men's team do that?

10 (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 16:15
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:

Really!?

Solidarity.

Depends on your view I guess - if you don't give a toss about women's rugby then fair enough.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 17:28
Quote:

Yes. That should work.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 20:04
Quote:
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:

Really!?

Solidarity.

Depends on your view I guess - if you don't give a toss about women's rugby then fair enough.

Cool, thanks. I was worried for a minute.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 21:41
Quote:
SimonG19

And your view of the RFU's very public and continued claim to promote and increase female participation in rugby and the (not visible on the RFU website) decision to cut the amount of women being paid to play for their country (act as role models, help grow fan base, show that it's possible to make a living from your sporting talent etc etc etc)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/07/2017 21:42 by blucherquin.

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 22:17
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
SimonG19

And your view of the RFU's very public and continued claim to promote and increase female participation in rugby and the (not visible on the RFU website) decision to cut the amount of women being paid to play for their country (act as role models, help grow fan base, show that it's possible to make a living from your sporting talent etc etc etc)

My view is that it's a massive own goal by the RFU but starting a thread claiming the women have been sacked when they clearly haven't is ridiculous.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 23:04
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:

Yes ok, I'm sure the nuance will be comforting as they prepare to defend their World Cup.

It's not a nuance, it's a fact. I have a contract and I know when it ends; there is nothing in it which states whether I should expect a renewal or not.

BB

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 05:02
Quote:
SimonG19

My view is that it's a massive own goal by the RFU but starting a thread claiming the women have been sacked when they clearly haven't is ridiculous.

So here's where we are, you'd rather have a linguistic argument, pretend to be exasperated and use the word "ridiculous" about the title of a thread on a message forum than agree with the actual point - which you do.

Between this and your other posts you make conversation impossible with your confrontational poor manners and rudeness.

Love the Internet now, such fun.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/07/2017 06:01 by blucherquin.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 05:06
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:

It's not a nuance, it's a fact. I have a contract and I know when it ends; there is nothing in it which states whether I should expect a renewal or not.

You're right. Not sure why I even thought it was an issue.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 10:16
A woman's watching the news and sees that there's a maniac driving the wrong way down the motorway that she knows her husband will be using right now, so she calls his mobile and says "Darling be careful, the news is saying there's a lunatic driving the wrong way down the motorway". He says "One lunatic? There's hundreds of them!".

DOK (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 10:40
Well it sounds like a retrograde step to me. The RFU wishes it had the England team contracted to it, instead of having to go through all these hoops with the clubs. Did you know the year before professionalism of the men's game in England the players were contracted to the RFU? The RFU then decided to not renew the contracts to save money and the rest is history. I hope history repeats itself with the women's game!

T-Bone (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 12:19
Seems like a fairly big own goal by the RFU in terms of publicity, but as I don't know how much they have put into the new super league or what the terms of the original contracts were, I can't really criticise. I certainly don't agree with those who are saying (not necessarily on here, but on social media) that it's somehow discriminatory or similar to BBC pay gap, shows they don't care, etc.

The men's team XVs team aren't on central contracts, so to have the women's team on them before I think showed a commitment to the women's game. They're having out quite a few 7s contracts. Does anyone know (I certainly don't), whether and when they advised those who wouldn't be given a 7s contracts?

I suspect the majority who are criticising probably have no idea what the terms of the previous contracts were, what negotiations have gone on, what the input into the new women's league has been, etc.

Still strikes me as a bad move publicity wise, and I'm sure they could have afforded to renew their contracts, but maybe they felt the money was better invested into grass roots women's game, the new league, increasing participation from non-traditional areas, etc.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 12:46
Quote:
T-Bone
Still strikes me as a bad move publicity wise, and I'm sure they could have afforded to renew their contracts,

And that's exactly the point that I think is the most important. On the day the England cricket side are touring TV studios with the World Cup, the apparent message from the RFU is that the rugby side are only worth backing in 2-year cycles.

Regardless of where the money goes, we know the positive effects of high-profile role models on participation and development and it seems at best a shame and at worst idiocy not to make a different decision given the big and welcome focus on women's sport in the media at the moment.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 13:47
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
A woman's watching the news and sees that there's a maniac driving the wrong way down the motorway that she knows her husband will be using right now, so she calls his mobile and says "Darling be careful, the news is saying there's a lunatic driving the wrong way down the motorway". He says "One lunatic? There's hundreds of them!".

Nice one. smiling smiley

BB

Cookie (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 14:04
Before I go on, I will stress that I am ambivalent about the decision, but we should consider the following in the interest of informed debate:

1. England is the only union that has XVs women players contracted.
2. Only 16 have full-time contracts. A further 16 had part-time contracts and 16 more had Sevens contracts.
3. Many of the XVs players will get Sevens contracts.
4. In advance of the next Women's World Cup, contracts will be awarded again 2 years in advance so those players can focus solely on rugby.

Nigel Melville: "The RFU announced the first professional women’s contracts following the Women’s Rugby World Cup in 2014 – these were Sevens contracts to prepare for participation in the Olympic Games in Rio.

"The women's game works in cycles between the XVs and sevens programmes and as a result next year there will be 17 professional, full time fixed-term sevens contracts to prepare England to compete in the two big global tournaments on the horizon - the 2018 Rugby World Cup Sevens and the 2018 Commonwealth Games.

"Contracts will then revert to XVs contracts again to prepare for the next big global tournament – the Women’s Rugby World Cup (XVs)."

The RFU reiterated its support for the women's game:

"The RFU has made a multimillion pound investment in women’s rugby in the last three years and that investment increases year on year. Our record investment applies not just to the elite game but also to the community game."

This investment includes the launch of a new women's domestic competition for the 2017/18 season with "an annual £800,000 investment into a new women’s domestic competition to improve the XVs player talent pool."

T-Bone (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 14:21
Quote:
Cookie
Before I go on, I will stress that I am ambivalent about the decision, but we should consider the following in the interest of informed debate:
2. Only 16 have full-time contracts. A further 16 had part-time contracts and 16 more had Sevens contracts.
4. In advance of the next Women's World Cup, contracts will be awarded again 2 years in advance so those players can focus solely on rugby.

Nigel Melville: "The RFU announced the first professional women’s contracts following the Women’s Rugby World Cup in 2014 – these were Sevens contracts to prepare for participation in the Olympic Games in Rio.

"The women's game works in cycles between the XVs and sevens programmes and as a result next year there will be 17 professional, full time fixed-term sevens contracts to prepare England to compete in the two big global tournaments on the horizon - the 2018 Rugby World Cup Sevens and the 2018 Commonwealth Games.

"Contracts will then revert to XVs contracts again to prepare for the next big global tournament – the Women’s Rugby World Cup (XVs)."

"The RFU has made a multimillion pound investment in women’s rugby in the last three years and that investment increases year on year. Our record investment applies not just to the elite game but also to the community game."

This investment includes the launch of a new women's domestic competition for the 2017/18 season with "an annual £800,000 investment into a new women’s domestic competition to improve the XVs player talent pool."

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 14:26
Melville has also been accused to trying to put a positive spin on it in the face of lots of objections by sportswomen and female pundits in the press today.

Either way, it made the RFU look stupid yesterday when the cricket team were on the front pages of all the papers and people were writing about the breakthrough moment for female sport with that happening while C4 are showing the women's Euro football.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 15:21
BBC are reporting a letter from shadow sports minister to RFU: (ive left in quotes only, it's from a longer piece"

In a letter seen by BBC Sport, Dr Rosena Allin-Khan tells chief executive Ian Ritchie of her "deep concern

"To make this decision is deeply disappointing," wrote Allin-Khan.

"Asking players to pause and resume their professions every two years puts their futures at considerable risk."

"The England women's team are a source of inspiration to countless girls and women the length and breadth of the country.

"The players have played their part. Many left careers in other professions to commit themselves fully to representing their country.

"The RFU is placing the risk of playing international rugby on the players themselves.

"The most concerning aspect of this news is what it says about the RFU's ongoing commitment to the women's game. The discontinuation of these contracts sends the message that the RFU is far less than fully committed to the women's game.

"We have come such a long way and the England women's team have rewarded us with no less than world titles. We cannot fail them with a poverty of ambition or investment. We therefore strongly urge you to reconsider this decision."

T-Bone (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 16:42
“A kick in the teeth” is how Tonia Antoniazzi Labour MP for Gower, member of All-Party Parliamentary Group for rugby union and former Wales women’s rugby international has described it

“I don’t know the finances of this; the intricacies of the deals but to treat women like this, particularly in light of how the women working for the BBC got paid. It highlights a massive inequality for women in Britain.”

Well if you don't know the finances or intricacies, perhaps don't spout off. Also, not sure what the BBC pay gap has to do with it. As for inequality - now neither the men or women have central contracts, so no inequality there.

quin_jon (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 17:08
Isn't two years the most common duration for a professional rugby contract?

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 17:21
Quote:
Cookie

Thanks Cookie , seems hard to argue against the Logic of this , even Maggie Alphonsie has been defending it and arguing the RFU is ploughing more money into womens rugby than ever before

Sadly I think its been mixed up with the BBC inequality row , and the timing is unhelpful as its just before the competition starts

Lets hope the women can keep out of spotlight and concentrate on the rugby

Bod (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 23:44
Yet again the Bubbledwellers media have taken the option between identifying ar$3 and elbow and missed both by a country mile.

The XV contracts were clearly defined on issue, and I'd struggle to find any participant too miffed by the outcome.

Ask Gary Street and his staff at Quins Ladies how much the enhanced RFU central funding will assist his aims at consolidating Elite Women's Rugby at club level? This is missed totally by the sensationalist screech owls dissing the RFU.

Bear in mind also that, post WRWC there will be a lot of the Women superstars from across the globe looking to stay on in Europe for the 17/18 season at club level which might bring some massive marketing benefits if ITV extend their WRWC coverage to the club schedule, which looks increasingly likely in some form or other.

It's not all as portrayed.
Although the Lichfield scenario stinks.
Big style.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 06:44
Quote:
Bod
Yet again the Bubbledwellers media have taken the option between identifying ar$3 and elbow and missed both by a country mile.
The XV contracts were clearly defined on issue, and I'd struggle to find any participant too miffed by the outcome.

Ask Gary Street and his staff at Quins Ladies how much the enhanced RFU central funding will assist his aims at consolidating Elite Women's Rugby at club level? This is missed totally by the sensationalist screech owls dissing the RFU.

Bear in mind also that, post WRWC there will be a lot of the Women superstars from across the globe looking to stay on in Europe for the 17/18 season at club level which might bring some massive marketing benefits if ITV extend their WRWC coverage to the club schedule, which looks increasingly likely in some form or other.

Big style.

"Bubbledwellers media"
"Sensationalist screech owls"....and so vanishes any debate on any issue.

Actually the debate has been mainly well-informed and "screech owls" like Will Carling, Brian Moore and Maggie Alphonsi have all acknowledged the RFU investment in the game but said the PR effect is the problem, and those things are real problems not just perceived ones precisely because participation is growing and interest is increasing.

Some people (including MPs who aren't elected for their brains), thanks to social media, will spout uninformed nonsense, but that's life.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 08:30
I feel that the RFU should only be giving professional contracts when the women's game is commercially viable. At the moment it isn't and that won't change in the foreseeable future.

A number of women's internationals have been held at The Stoop over the recent years. Normally held after a men's game, the remaining spectators are moved into one stand in order to make it look more of a crowd.

In the same way that U20 and U18 are not very attractive to the rugby public, neither is women's rugby. I can't see this ever changing.

Whether the RFU got their timing right or wrong, I feel that this was inevitable.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 09:45
Quote:
Bod

Big style.

Sensationalist screech owls is fantastic

The debate amongst rugby fans and pundits may have been largely well-informed, though I'm not sure I agree, but as portrayed by the mainstream media it has not.

What is the deal with Lichfield. Heard a few people saying it's awful but not aware of what's gone on.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 11:09
Quicker, I think the question of commercial viability is interesting because it really depends which you think has to come first to grow the sport -- do you wait for the audience or do you need to get out there to expose new people to something to make them like it.

I think you're right on traditional rugby fans (including myself), I think there's probably never going to be a huge audience for women's rugby.

But look at what's happened to cricket.

They just got a sold-out Lords, a TV audience of 1.1m for the final (same a Premier League match), ICC says increase in global audiences of 80% across the tournament.

The really interesting bit though is that 50% of the tickets were bought by women and 31% of the total sales went to under 16s.

I spoke to Maggie Alphsoni at an event a few months back, she said that beyond women taking part - her experience was that broadly speaking women still didn't think about going to sports events as something they did, it wasn't how they were brought up or part of their experience - and that it was important to open up that experience as a role model as well as inspiring women to take up the sport.

So there may well be an audience out there, it just needs building.

On a personal note as a middle-aged bloke who followed football for 30 years, I'd never been to a rugby match in my life until I moved to the area and someone said "come to the Stoop with me you might enjoy it". Now my seat bears the imprint of my buttocks and I shall never be moved....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/07/2017 11:43 by blucherquin.

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 12:28
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
SimonG19

So here's where we are, you'd rather have a linguistic argument, pretend to be exasperated and use the word "ridiculous" about the title of a thread on a message forum than agree with the actual point - which you do.

Between this and your other posts you make conversation impossible with your confrontational poor manners and rudeness.

Love the Internet now, such fun.

You started a thread saying the players had been sacked. This isn't true. Along with many others I stated that the players had not been sacked but agreed that not renewing the contracts was not a sensible move.

In response you, yet again, throw your toys out of the pram and start slinging insults and making sarcastic comments (at others). If you wish to behave like a child then that is entirely your prerogative. It is my prerogative, and I suspect that of many others, to laugh at you. And I do.

The internet is indeed a lot of fun when it exposes people for what they are. As you have proved.

Have a lovely day.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 13:23
Hi Simon. the word sacked was chosen to be deliberately provocative - it's a thread title not a legal document.

I wasn't sarcastic at any point and simply responded to your post when you said you agreed it was an RFU error but that the thread was "ridiculous" - you could easily have just said nothing but you didn't.

You were equally rude and challlenging for no reason on another thread - which is why I said you'd been rude and ill mannered.

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 14:22
Quote:
blucherquin
Hi Simon. the word sacked was chosen to be deliberately provocative - it's a thread title not a legal document.
I wasn't sarcastic at any point and simply responded to your post when you said you agreed it was an RFU error but that the thread was "ridiculous" - you could easily have just said nothing but you didn't.

You were equally rude and challlenging for no reason on another thread - which is why I said you'd been rude and ill mannered.

Thanks for proving my point. I'll leave you to continue picking up your toys.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 16:10
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
blucherquin

Sure, I can see them next to yours, thanks for proving my point. Have a lovely day.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 16:34
For some reason, when I get to the end of each new post I hear the Eastenders music in my head "Dum dum dum dum dum duda dum" **

**Disclaimer, I do not watch it. This is a hangover from when I lived at home with Parents and 3 sisters!!!

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 17:24
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
SimonG19
Quote:
blucherquin

Sure, I can see them next to yours, thanks for proving my point. Have a lovely day.

Thanks for the continuing laughs but as always you are only making the hole you are in all that deeper with your digging. This might come in handy as yours is surely worn out by now with all your activity on this and so many other threads.
[www.cromwell.co.uk]

(Can't wait to see how much further you can dig though).

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 18:01
Quote:
blucherquin
BBC are reporting a letter from shadow sports minister to RFU: (ive left in quotes only, it's from a longer piece"
In a letter seen by BBC Sport, Dr Rosena Allin-Khan tells chief executive Ian Ritchie of her "deep concern

"To make this decision is deeply disappointing," wrote Allin-Khan.

"Asking players to pause and resume their professions every two years puts their futures at considerable risk."

"The England women's team are a source of inspiration to countless girls and women the length and breadth of the country.

"The players have played their part. Many left careers in other professions to commit themselves fully to representing their country.

"The RFU is placing the risk of playing international rugby on the players themselves.

"The most concerning aspect of this news is what it says about the RFU's ongoing commitment to the women's game. The discontinuation of these contracts sends the message that the RFU is far less than fully committed to the women's game.

"We have come such a long way and the England women's team have rewarded us with no less than world titles. We cannot fail them with a poverty of ambition or investment. We therefore strongly urge you to reconsider this decision."

"Countless"

DOK (IP Logged)
26 July, 2017 19:07
Well can you give the exact figure? If you can't count them, then they're countless surely? smiling smiley

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
27 July, 2017 09:25
That's not what countless means. As I'm sure you know.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
27 July, 2017 09:43
Countless; to have no count. Example, After the death of the Count the Countess was countless.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
27 July, 2017 09:52
Quote:
Mayor West
Countless; to have no count. Example, After the death of the Count the Countess was countless.

very good

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
27 July, 2017 13:10
Chapeau

DOK (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 10:17
Quote:
RodneyRegis
That's not what countless means. As I'm sure you know.

Indeed. - Just joshing! Hence the smiley face.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 12:52
RFU hit back

Lock Tamara Taylor an England Test centurion heading to her fourth World Cup, explained that the players were fully aware throughout that their contracts would not be renewed.

“When we signed our contracts we knew what the deal was. So, while everyone is getting excitable about it on the outside, we already knew the situation and we have two weeks to the World Cup. So, actually we are all inwardly thinking about that as our main priority.”

She urged fans, media and politicians who had voiced support over the contract situation to “just really get behind us because if we can win this World Cup and be back to back champions, hopefully that will drive the media to cover us more, there will be more interest in the game, more people playing. Just support us, get over to Ireland, get ITV on and give us your support

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 13:05
Quote:
blucherquin

"Bubbledwellers media"
"Sensationalist screech owls"....and so vanishes any debate on any issue.

Followed by:

Quote:
blucherquin
Some people (including MPs who aren't elected for their brains), thanks to social media, will spout uninformed nonsense, but that's life.

My irony detector just went a little bleepy (or should that be "bluchy"?) again.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 16:25
https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=picture+of+an+iron&fr=mcafee&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fasda.scene7.com%2Fis%2Fimage%2FAsda%2F5054070280287%3Fhei%3D532%26wid%3D910%26qlt%3D85%26fmt%3Dpjpg%26resmode%3Dsharp%26op_usm%3D1.1%2C0.5%2C0%2C0%26defaultimage%3Ddefault_details_George_rd#id=8&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fasda.scene7.com%2Fis%2Fimage%2FAsda%2F5054070280287%3Fhei%3D532%26wid%3D910%26qlt%3D85%26fmt%3Dpjpg%26resmode%3Dsharp%26op_usm%3D1.1%2C0.5%2C0%2C0%26defaultimage%3Ddefault_details_George_rd&action=click

Now thats irony...

Bod (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 20:13
I told you so.
I guess I know nothing about it.
But I told you so.
Shhhh owls.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 22:03
Quote:
deadlyfrom5yardsout
https://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=picture+of+an+iron&fr=mcafee&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fasda.scene7.com%2Fis%2Fimage%2FAsda%2F5054070280287%3Fhei%3D532%26wid%3D910%26qlt%3D85%26fmt%3Dpjpg%26resmode%3Dsharp%26op_usm%3D1.1%2C0.5%2C0%2C0%26defaultimage%3Ddefault_details_George_rd#id=8&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fasda.scene7.com%2Fis%2Fimage%2FAsda%2F5054070280287%3Fhei%3D532%26wid%3D910%26qlt%3D85%26fmt%3Dpjpg%26resmode%3Dsharp%26op_usm%3D1.1%2C0.5%2C0%2C0%26defaultimage%3Ddefault_details_George_rd&action=click

Now thats irony...

You don't think a tiny.url link might have been better than that 521 character monstrosity?

[tinyurl.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2017 22:04 by QuickerQuin.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 13:39
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
deadlyfrom5yardsout

Now thats irony...

You don't think a tiny.url link might have been better than that 521 character monstrosity?

[tinyurl.com]

But you obviously know what the hell you're doing!

Did you really sit there and count the characters?(Sm105)

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 15:49
Quote:
deadlyfrom5yardsout
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
deadlyfrom5yardsout

Now thats irony...

[tinyurl.com]

But you obviously know what the hell you're doing!

Did you really sit there and count the characters?(Sm105)

Nothing better to do!

(Ackcherlly the number of characters up when you put the stuff into the tinyurl link.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Harlequins Poll

Is a poll here a stupid idea?

See results > Submit >>