Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from GoogleQuins Official SiteDiamond Geezers Website

Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Quins Cycling Kit
Someoldhooker (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 12:38
I have never seen cycling kit before so the lady on this link may just be a superb seamstress, but if anybody can identify her I am sure she would love to take a copy.

BBC Cycling

Re: Quins Cycling Kit
Cookie (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 13:02

Cookie (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 13:05
We got our own made up......

Jersey: [www.dropbox.com] & [www.dropbox.com]

Bibs: [www.dropbox.com]

never sleep (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 15:11
Was TWCC set up to raise money for just the event - or is there actually a Quins supporters cycle group?
I have one of the foska jerseys and wore it on the freeride on saturday and there were a number of "come on you quins" calls as I went round.

Cookie (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 17:37
It's just a few of us in the Twickenham area who found the Twickenham Cycling Club a bit stuffy. We got that kit done in the style of the World Championship jersey. We used them yesterday - we were out raising £2,000 for Scope. We're all Quins fans, 5 who did the ride and a couple of others who weren't around.

TW actually stands for Tattered Windsock, although the fact that it is the postcode was a deliberate coincidence.

Would be interesting to see if others would be interested in starting one, especially as we could potentially ride to a couple of away games (we took a circuitous route to the Madejski the year before last).

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 17:55
Design looks great.

Twickenham CC stuffy, they won't like that!!

31 July, 2017 18:04
Quote:
Cookie
It's just a few of us in the Twickenham area who found the Twickenham Cycling Club a bit stuffy. We got that kit done in the style of the World Championship jersey. We used them yesterday - we were out raising £2,000 for Scope. We're all Quins fans, 5 who did the ride and a couple of others who weren't around.
TW actually stands for Tattered Windsock, although the fact that it is the postcode was a deliberate coincidence.

Would be interesting to see if others would be interested in starting one, especially as we could potentially ride to a couple of away games (we took a circuitous route to the Madejski the year before last).

A ride to La Rochelle would be fun, depending on the time of year.

Cookie (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 18:09
Too many rules, NFQ! Cycling clubs are meant to be inclusive and fun, not deter you for not being fast enough etc.

Sadly, La Rochelle will be between Oct and Jan, so not sure it'll work. In fact, as Irish is at Twickenham and Sarries at Stratford, I'm not sure there will be one that works. Maybe Northampton.

never sleep (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 18:13
I joined a "Led ride" to Green Park on Saturday. It was nice to go as a group - but it was a little too large a group really. It was nice that we went at a steady pace (basically, there was no rush), so it allowed lots of chatting, etc.
The ride was basically led by a bunch of experienced cyclists who knew the way, etc.
Ideally, it would be nice to have a sort of Led Ride from the Stoop. There could be a £20 joining fee (which all goes to charity) and then everyone goes as a group, etc. Add a justgiving page and I'm sure that some of us could raise a little extra.
So basically, its a fun day that additionally raises a bit of cash for charity.

Cookie (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 18:22
Quote:
never sleep
I joined a "Led ride" to Green Park on Saturday. It was nice to go as a group - but it was a little too large a group really. It was nice that we went at a steady pace (basically, there was no rush), so it allowed lots of chatting, etc.
The ride was basically led by a bunch of experienced cyclists who knew the way, etc.
Ideally, it would be nice to have a sort of Led Ride from the Stoop. There could be a £20 joining fee (which all goes to charity) and then everyone goes as a group, etc. Add a justgiving page and I'm sure that some of us could raise a little extra.
So basically, its a fun day that additionally raises a bit of cash for charity.

Great idea. Could work well for the Sarries game in Stratford. Stop off for lunch in the City. Ride back (or train from Stratford to Richmond for those not inclined).

Short ride, but the only other viable fixture is Northampton, which would need to be split over 2 days (81 miles). But time of year (Sep) & KO time (3pm Sat) would make it work. I'd be keen.

31 July, 2017 18:29
Quote:
Cookie
Too many rules, NFQ! Cycling clubs are meant to be inclusive and fun, not deter you for not being fast enough etc.
Sadly, La Rochelle will be between Oct and Jan, so not sure it'll work. In fact, as Irish is at Twickenham and Sarries at Stratford, I'm not sure there will be one that works. Maybe Northampton.

I understand where you're coming from with cycling clubs, but believe they are an awful lot better now than they were.As I'm a racing cyclist I'm in a club that caters solely for that area of the sport.
If ever you and your mates fancy riding a Sportive in Brittany just let me know, they are a bit special.

never sleep (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 18:35
maybe I should float the idea for the london irish pre season. google maps has it as 6.4 miles for the scenic route. the idea would be to meet at the stoop and leave about midday - stop somewhere near the ground for a bit of lunch and cycle back after the game. each way should be 30-45 minutes depending on ability. clearly, the speed is dictated by the slowest member.

Cookie (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 22:48
I'd be keen on that. The Magpie on the river is good for lunch and is at the end of The Avenue, the road that Hazlewood is on.

Not sure what the 6.4 mile route would be, but we can come up with something easily enough. If we go from the Stoop via Teddington, we can go through Bushy Park and along the river, then down the Lower Sunbury Road to the pub.

never sleep (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 10:25
I have started writing the club rules:
1. Annual membership costs £10*. All of the membership fees go to the Quinssa prefered charity**
2. All riders need to wear Harlequins colours - e.g. Quins shirt, Quins hat, Quins bra & pants; or for the ladies - Quins blouse, Quins scarf, etc

However, I am struggling with an important issue - I can't think of a good club name.
So, suggestions for rule amends and club name welcome.

*could be more or less - yet to decide
**could be to another charity if prefered

gregory p (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 10:41
Club name....something featuring Nairo Quintana?

Sketchley (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 12:33
Quote:
never sleep
I have started writing the club rules:
1. Annual membership costs £10*. All of the membership fees go to the Quinssa prefered charity**
2. All riders need to wear Harlequins colours - e.g. Quins shirt, Quins hat, Quins bra & pants; or for the ladies - Quins blouse, Quins scarf, etc

However, I am struggling with an important issue - I can't think of a good club name.
So, suggestions for rule amends and club name welcome.

*could be more or less - yet to decide
**could be to another charity if prefered

I you are serious you might want to consider this Cycling UK (CTC) Affiliated Club Memberships

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Harlequins Poll

Is a poll here a stupid idea?

See results > Submit >>