rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Fixtures Anglo Welsh and European
zoosh (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 10:21
Anyone know when the dates for the Anglo Welsh Cup and European Cup will be finalised ?
Thanks

Re: Fixtures Anglo Welsh and European
T-Bone (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 10:24
Probably a day after I've made plans for the la Rochelle away weekend!

But seriously, no idea I'm afraid

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 11:03
European games are usually arranged for R1 to R4 by mid August, so I'd guess week after next. As for the Angle Welsh, that'll be up in the air as to when it's finalised, as the Welsh regions will be too busy at the moment trying to sort out the fixtures in the new conference style P14. I'd hope they'll have them locked down by the end of the month.

Jus-Quin-Time (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 11:53
Quote:
T-Bone

Have you figured out the best way of getting there yet? Rail looks like my favoured option with a direct TGV from Paris and the prices seem reasonable (discount for over 60 is a plus). I've looked at the ferry/driving option but discounted that on the grounds of time. Just waiting for the dates now so I can look at a flight direct from London into a decent city then either train or car hire to La Rochelle.

It's a conundrum not helped by the lack of visibility on dates. I still don't understand why it takes so long to get this stuff out. The EPCR website hasn't even been updated yet and is still showing last seasons results...Hopeless!

02 August, 2017 12:10
Quote:
Jus-Quin-Time
Quote:
T-Bone

Have you figured out the best way of getting there yet? Rail looks like my favoured option with a direct TGV from Paris and the prices seem reasonable (discount for over 60 is a plus). I've looked at the ferry/driving option but discounted that on the grounds of time. Just waiting for the dates now so I can look at a flight direct from London into a decent city then either train or car hire to La Rochelle.

It's a conundrum not helped by the lack of visibility on dates. I still don't understand why it takes so long to get this stuff out. The EPCR website hasn't even been updated yet and is still showing last seasons results...Hopeless!

I definitely recommend using the train for this. I did the train for the Challenge Cup final in Lyon, and it was as easy as anything. Plus getting through security (whilst similar to that at airports) is a *lot* quicker and smoother. You have more space around you on the train. As you go through Paris, pick up a bottle of wine and some food to enjoy on the forward leg to La Rochelle, and sit back & relax, watching the countryside go by. From London, the journey time itself may be a couple of hours longer, but without the stress of getting through a busy airport, being sat for hours waiting for your flight, etc.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 12:58
Yep, train is definitely the preferred option. Not that much longer and so much more pleasant

Lex (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 13:01
Totally agree, we are probably going to do the Trip by train as well.

Lex

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/travesmilies/smilie_rolli_1.gif

02 August, 2017 13:07
This invaluable site gives you all the info you need. You can actually book the complete journey from your local UK station all the way to the destination in one simple step now.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 14:33
Quote:
Fearless Fred
This invaluable site gives you all the info you need. You can actually book the complete journey from your local UK station all the way to the destination in one simple step now.

Just tried this and getting price of ~ 128 for return travel via Paris to La Rochelle on 19/23 October - NB this is not a fixture, just putting in random, but potential dates - so pretty cheap too!

Site also looks for AirBnB too...

02 August, 2017 14:59
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
Fearless Fred

Just tried this and getting price of ~ 128 for return travel via Paris to La Rochelle on 19/23 October - NB this is not a fixture, just putting in random, but potential dates - so pretty cheap too!

Site also looks for AirBnB too...

I've used Seat61 since 2010 to arrange trips to Lyon, Vienna, Ljubljana, Zagreb, Pogorica, and a number of other places. It's run by an ex British Rail guy that is now called upon as an "expert" in train matters on the media. He spends a lot of his time travelling around the globe updating route information, ticketing links, etc. In fact, I saw earlier today that he's over in Bali on another trip! It's an incredible resource, and I've never been steered wrong by it (& no, I'm not involved in any way with the site).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net