rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from GoogleQuins Official SiteDiamond Geezers Website

Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Jones regrets Robshaw criticism in World Cup!
harlequinade (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 06:48
Quote:
“The older guys were outstanding and I regret the column I wrote during the last World Cup about Chris Robshaw. He is world-class, just the most unselfish guy and a great role model for the team.”

Fair Play !

Grauniad

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't

Re: Jones regrets Robshaw criticism in World Cup!
DOK (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 19:49
That's big of him, he didn't have to say it!

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 06:42
Interesting article. Thanks for posting.

poorfour (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 10:44
There's a longer version in the Rugby Paper.

"Robshaw's world class. I still regret that column I wrote for the Mail... He is just the most unselfish guy. He works so hard for the team. His influence on those young guys - he knows those guys Curry and Underhill could take his spot... But he led by example on that tour. He had no hope of playing in that second Test but he just worked every hour, every minute to get fit - and got on the field and played superbly. Just a great role model for the team.

"It goes to show that he is a leader. But he is a leader in a different way. I got the chance to speak to some of the New Zealand coaches in the provinces and they all hold him in really high esteem. He is a really important player for us and has the chance to keep developing that."

Having seen some of the stuff that Eddie has also said about the makeup of the team - he wants 13 players on the pitch who can deliver consistently every game, to allow for two who might be exceptional one week and ordinary the next - you can see why Robshaw matters to him.

He also had some words on Kyle - "During the tour he was asked to play a role for them and I think he did pretty well. He's got to understand that the team comes before the individual. If he wants to develop his rugby career, that'll be the big thing for him." And on the night club incident: "You need to pick the right place to have a drink. After the Third Test you don't go to a crowded club in Auckland... It's not a black mark against him - but it will be if he does it again."

T-Bone (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 12:24
These comments tend to come out every time a new coach works with Chris. Those who don't watch him every week, or every day in training, wonder how he's still in the team and think others could do better, and over the years it's been Wood, Kvesic and many others. The coaches, however, always cite him as one of the most valuable members of the squad

poorfour (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 14:58
Quote:
T-Bone
These comments tend to come out every time a new coach works with Chris. Those who don't watch him every week, or every day in training, wonder how he's still in the team and think others could do better, and over the years it's been Wood, Kvesic and many others. The coaches, however, always cite him as one of the most valuable members of the squad

I think the only senior coach ever to drop him was Johnno, and we all know how that turned out. It's one reason I remain disappointed that Gatland never gave him a shot at the Lions. I suspect he'd have added more to the tour than Moriarty, say, even if Moriarty had stayed fit.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 10:05
Well done Eddie. His PR people are very good.

Wait till he meets the other one!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Harlequins Poll

Is a poll here a stupid idea?

See results > Submit >>