rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Champs Cup fixtures
QuincyJones (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 11:36
Does anybody know when they are released?

Re: Champs Cup fixtures
Finknottle (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 11:42
Last year they were announced on the 19th August so I would expect it to be next week. The draw was done on the 9th June so god knows why it takes them so long.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 11:45
Quote:
Finknottle
Last year they were announced on the 19th August so I would expect it to be next week. The draw was done on the 9th June so god knows why it takes them so long.

Partly it's down to the need to please all the broadcast partners in all the markets with fixtures that make for good marketing. Plus they need to look at the logistics for the teams too with regards to travel requirements, rest days between games, etc.

Finknottle (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 11:49
If you interested specifically in the Ulster away game... that will be Round 2,3 or 6 based on their British/Irish Cup fixtures.

Cookie (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 12:02
Ooh, good knowledge, Finknottle. Can you cross-reference that with Wasps and La Rochelle so we can start booking flights?!!

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 12:44
I'm hoping Ulster in rounds 3 & 4 on the back to back games

Rocker (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 09:18
An early one to La Rochelle would be good, or a late one. But early December could be good too. Tie in nicely worth my wife's birthday for a weekend away.

COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 14:57
"EPCR can only finalise and announce fixtures for European competitions once the same has been done by the three domestic leagues. As you are aware, the changes in the Guinness PRO14 and the logistical implications of teams travelling to and from South Africa before and after European matches has delayed and complicated matters, with PRO14 only confirming their fixtures in the middle of last week. However, we are expecting to announce pool stage fixtures in the next seven days."

Email from EPCR concerning fixtures... this was received today.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 16:53
Cheers Pro14

SiBolton (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 18:29
Heard on Saturday that it's meant to be Thursday this week, by two different sources

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 00:15
I HATE the Pro14.

Illegitimi non carborundum

SiBolton (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 07:31
Just been told that yes should have been this coming Thursday, but due to the Saffas now being involved, it's been delayed by around a week, so who knows might know before end of August

Dave L (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 08:39
Amateur hour all round. The way sport is administered sometimes is a complete embarrassment. If it wasn't for the crucial issue of player welfare then I'd say that the schedule is irrelevant - it's the Pro 14s problem that they've created, let them deal with it.

15 August, 2017 10:42
On a separate note, the Anglo Welsh games have been confirmed:

Round 1: Sunday 5th November 15:00 Saracens v Harlequins, Allianz Park (live on BT Sport)
Round 2: Sunday 12th November 15:00 Harlequins v Worcester Warriors, The Stoop
Round 3: 26/27/28 January: Harlequins v Scarlets, The Stoop
Round 4: 2/3/4 February: Northampton Saints v Harlequins, Franklinís Gardens

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 11:52
I HATE Sunday fixtures!

QuincyJones (IP Logged)
17 August, 2017 23:41
Just had a thought... why are EPCR taking Pro14 SA travel arrangements into account? The time zone is the same. Granted, a long trip but why is this treated differently to a long bus journey when there's no jet lag to take into account?

Awaiting fixtures impatiently....!

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 08:27
Quote:
SiBolton
Just been told that yes should have been this coming Thursday, but due to the Saffas now being involved, it's been delayed by around a week, so who knows might know before end of August

I contacted EPCR on Monday 14th August. They blamed the Saffas too but said they expect to announce fixtures "in the next seven days".

Fingers cross that they do so on Monday 21st!

TOKS (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 09:32
Quote:
QuincyJones
Just had a thought... why are EPCR taking Pro14 SA travel arrangements into account? The time zone is the same. Granted, a long trip but why is this treated differently to a long bus journey when there's no jet lag to take into account?

They need to ensure that the Chosen Ones from Southern Ireland don't have too hard a schedule going into the European games. A fixture in South Africa followed by anyone other than an Italian team in the ERCC just wouldn't cut it. A couple of straightforward home games beforehand where they can rest players is what they need.

Just my natural cynicism of course. But will be interesting to see the actual fixtures when they come out!

akb1 (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 09:32
Quote:
QuincyJones
I think they need to take account of 7day rest between games with 5days on the ground for the travelling team. So they need to see what teams will be in SA the week before and week after any Champions and Challenge cup matches to schedule the matches.

TOKS (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 09:36
What is undeniably true is that, with the groups having been drawn in the middle of June and the actual fixtures not having been announced yet, the fans are absolutely at the very bottom of the list of organisers' priorities.

SimonG19 (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 11:17
Quote:
TOKS
Quote:
QuincyJones

They need to ensure that the Chosen Ones from Southern Ireland don't have too hard a schedule going into the European games. A fixture in South Africa followed by anyone other than an Italian team in the ERCC just wouldn't cut it. A couple of straightforward home games beforehand where they can rest players is what they need.

Just my natural cynicism of course. But will be interesting to see the actual fixtures when they come out!

Very silly.

18 August, 2017 11:37
Fixtures to be announced on Tuesday 22nd at 2pm UK time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/08/2017 11:37 by Fearless Fred.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
18 August, 2017 12:51
Quote:

The comment below from Michael Taylor was quite pithy...

Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
19 August, 2017 10:47
Fair comment by Mr Taylor in my opinion, it is a joke that we have to wait so long. Flights will already be flagged by airlines for those weekends the later it's left so not helping the fans at all.

Typical nonsense from European Rugby.

22 August, 2017 07:46
Oh goody. They've delayed it by another hour. angry smiley

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 09:07
Seems as if we will get the fixtures for the last two pool games today:

Quote:
Q: Do we see the full season's line-up?
A: The fixtures will be announced for all six rounds of the pool stage with details of exact dates, venues and kick-off times for the first four rounds confirmed on Tuesday, as well as where you can find them on television. Rounds 5 and 6 will then follow in December.

EPC Rugby

22 August, 2017 09:27
Quote:
NicoWilson
Quote:
A: The fixtures will be announced for all six rounds of the pool stage with details of exact dates, venues and kick-off times for the first four rounds confirmed on Tuesday, as well as where you can find them on television. Rounds 5 and 6 will then follow in December.

EPC Rugby

Yes, we'll get the fixtures as we always do (Round 5 is the return leg of round 2, and round 6 the return fixture for round 1). What we won't know is exactly when they'll be. The games could take place any time from the Friday evening to late Sunday afternoon, meaning as ever it's not feasible for a lot of folks to book time off/flights/hotels etc. Instead, it's left until one of the most expensive times of the year (the week before Christmas) to announce the actual fixture dates & times, making it almost impossible for travelling fans to arrange everything in time for the away game in R5/R6.

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 11:25
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
NicoWilson
Quote:

EPC Rugby

Yes, we'll get the fixtures as we always do (Round 5 is the return leg of round 2, and round 6 the return fixture for round 1). What we won't know is exactly when they'll be. The games could take place any time from the Friday evening to late Sunday afternoon, meaning as ever it's not feasible for a lot of folks to book time off/flights/hotels etc. Instead, it's left until one of the most expensive times of the year (the week before Christmas) to announce the actual fixture dates & times, making it almost impossible for travelling fans to arrange everything in time for the away game in R5/R6.

Thanks. You are better informed than me - I've always seemed to end up waiting until early December for the Round 5 and 6 announcement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/08/2017 15:41 by NicoWilson.

Safri-quin (IP Logged)
22 August, 2017 12:23
Dammit, I'll be in the air then, and you lot will have snaffled all the 'good' Ryanair seats by the time I land...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net