Coach Travel Details | Join Quinssa!
Next Coach: Next season
Tickets: Quins

www CAW

Membership packs
Stooperman (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 12:02
Anyone had theirs?

I've just phoned the club and they say I should receive them in "the next couple of weeks". Is this a new record? The next couple of weeks would bring us perilously close to the start of the season.

I understand they have to wait for fixtures to come out, but this seems unnecessarily late to me.

Re: Membership packs
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 12:04
Not received mine as yet. I'm assuming there'll be a new card, given that the last one was branded to the 150th season...

blucherquin (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 12:13
I must say I wasn't expecting to get a pack at all, pretty sure it's all online - and last year's card is perfectly nice, not sure it's out of date it's got both the normal and 150th emblems.

Can't think of anything they need to post me if there's no new card.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 12:26
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Not received mine as yet. I'm assuming there'll be a new card, given that the last one was branded to the 150th season...

when I rang the club to enquire about membership packs I was told that we would be reusing the 150th year ones from last season.

Paddington (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 12:43
There will be new passes for the car parks.

PQ2 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 12:43
Quote:
blucherquin
I must say I wasn't expecting to get a pack at all, pretty sure it's all online - and last year's card is perfectly nice, not sure it's out of date it's got both the normal and 150th emblems.
Can't think of anything they need to post me if there's no new card.

- The car parking pass for The Bindweed Rosebine.

Rocker (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 21:20
We're all getting new cards and a new car parking pass, but no sign yet. I haven't started worrying yet though.

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 10:13
Spoke to the ticket office this morning and was told they are starting to send them out. I was also told if you haven't moved your seat you won't be getting a new card.

Quote:
FAQ 2017/18
Q: Should I keep my membership card?
A: Yes. If a new card is required for any reason, we will issue one ahead of the 2017/18 season. Otherwise, your current card will be activated for the new season. If you lose or damage your card, a cost of £10 will apply for a reissued card.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 15:20
Ok - so car park passes yes - cards no.

Still not sure what the packs tell you since it's just the same as the PDF on the website and they stopped sending badges out a few years ago.

never sleep (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 15:24
You often get other vouchers and membership stuff in the packs. E.g. Mighty Quins members get a voucher to pick up their supporters packs. Historically, we received a discount voucher for a shirt. Last year their was a discount card for some pubs including the one next Teddington Lock.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 08:11
Quote:
never sleep
You often get other vouchers and membership stuff in the packs. E.g. Mighty Quins members get a voucher to pick up their supporters packs. Historically, we received a discount voucher for a shirt. Last year their was a discount card for some pubs including the one next Teddington Lock.

I know we used to get stuff, we just don't now anyway.

As for that pub discount - it was useful as long as you didn't want to drink within 5 miles of the Stoop - that one went straight in the bin.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 08:42
Just received mine.

I wish they'd stop sending them, complete waste of time.

DOK (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 09:36
They ought to offer you the chance to take them electronically, a bit like "print your tickets at home". Obviously some people don't have internet so would still want packs. They could tie the shirt discount to your card, that's the only thing you need (if anything) that they couldn't give with a couple of pages on the website

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 10:03
Our packs arrived today with the new Car Park Pass and a paragraph stating that the existing Membership Card is valid for the forthcoming season.

Free tickets for the Jersey friendly also arrived today.

Everything in order as expected.

12 August, 2017 10:36
Mine's just arrived too...

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 11:50
Oh! Do you have to have a ticket for the Jersey game in advance?

Scaramouche, Scaramouche will you do the fandango...

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 13:01
Quote:
Scaramouche
Oh! Do you have to have a ticket for the Jersey game in advance?

You've got to claim it - but I'm sure you'll be able to do on the gate....well I'm not sure but can't see there will be a shortage of seats

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 13:03
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Just received mine.
I wish they'd stop sending them, complete waste of time.

I have thrown a lot of shiny paper in the bin just now. I know the benefits of membership, I've read all the emails so there was no new information there at all.

As DOK says, why not cancel except for those who select to continue getting them. Shirt discount could easily be linked to membership cards.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 16:18
Got my pack today. I agree that its not that usefuk, but for me it gives some reassurance that the club have actually processed your membership, & also internet stuff is not that useful for my 82 year old dad and he can't be the only one.

Almost quin (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:08
Things seldom are usefuk

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 18:56
Quote:
Stooperman
Got my pack today. I agree that its not that usefuk, but for me it gives some reassurance that the club have actually processed your membership, & also internet stuff is not that useful for my 82 year old dad and he can't be the only one.

No quite - but for everyone else it's a bit silly

akb1 (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 08:41
mine arrived and so did my son's who is a new member so it included his membership card I was a little surprised it was the same design as last season.

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 13:54
Got mine and cannot wait till start of the season. Also ordered my BG10 tickets although was unaware that they do not qualify for the 25% members discount.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 14:28
Quote:
Roaming Quin
Got mine and cannot wait till start of the season. Also ordered my BG10 tickets although was unaware that they do not qualify for the 25% members discount.

RQ ,maybe Ive misunderstood , but your BG10 tickets are included in the ST price ( so in theory you pay the same price as your Stoop seat)

14 August, 2017 14:39
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin
Quote:
Roaming Quin

RQ ,maybe Ive misunderstood , but your BG10 tickets are included in the ST price ( so in theory you pay the same price as your Stoop seat)

Your individual BG seat is included in the ST. I'm not sure about this year (as I sadly noo longer need the extra seat) but some ST levels gave you a discount on further seats being bought for non-members. It used to be 50% off for PremierMembers for a second seat.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 15:26
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin
Quote:
Roaming Quin

Your individual BG seat is included in the ST. I'm not sure about this year (as I sadly noo longer need the extra seat) but some ST levels gave you a discount on further seats being bought for non-members. It used to be 50% off for PremierMembers for a second seat.

Yep that's it, BG seat is free - then those of us in the posh seats get to buy a second one at 50%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/08/2017 08:30 by blucherquin.

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 15:39
Sorry yes I meant for extra seat you get 25% discount for guests at home games but apparently BG10 does not count as it's at Big Stoop. Personally think this is wrong but it's what ticket office have informed me.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 16:42
Quote:
Roaming Quin
Sorry yes I meant for extra seat you get 25% discount for guests at home games but apparently BG10 does not count as it's at Big Stoop. Personally think this is wrong but it's what ticket office have informed me.

Ok now I understand , didn't realise that was the case , good info I have a Prem seat in FG so will look into that, don't have to be so tight then when my son wants to come usually buy him and his mate a couple of cheap ones (Sm100)

blucherquin (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 20:39
Quote:
Roaming Quin

I've never actually managed to get a 25% off ticket - every time I've tried they say the allocation has gone so I have up

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 21:18
Bucherquin that is quite sad actually they should not advertise something they cannot provide.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
14 August, 2017 22:33
I believe it is made quite clear that there is a limited number of discounted seats, you need to be quick off the mark.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 08:33
Quote:
Roaming Quin
Bucherquin that is quite sad actually they should not advertise something they cannot provide.

Yeah they do say limited tickets, I do wonder just how quick you have to be, not objecting just saying it's not as simple as just claiming the ticket.

Don't know anyone who plans their life far enough in advance to say they can make it to a game in October when the seats go on sale end of July....

15 August, 2017 09:24
I'd guess that there's also fewer tickets available for the discount for the bigger games (Sarries, Tigers, ERCC) than, say, the Anglo-Welsh fixtures...

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 10:50
Quote:
Fearless Fred
I'd guess that there's also fewer tickets available for the discount for the bigger games (Sarries, Tigers, ERCC) than, say, the Anglo-Welsh fixtures...

Yeah exactly, we sit in gold so have always assumed that there are very few if any tickets available at that category for bigger games -- and obviously non-rugby-fanatic fans tend to want to see "big" games (although for us last season that included every other team by January......)

TwickGreenQuin (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 12:55
Mine came at the weekend.
Moved seat from the fearsome front row. Think I aged about 10 years sat in that wind and rain on those Fri fixtures against the likes of Edinburgh last winter

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 14:28
Quote:
TwickGreenQuin
Moved seat from the fearsome front row. Think I aged about 10 years sat in that wind and rain on those Fri fixtures against the likes of Edinburgh last winter

I had a very wet season in the 2nd row.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 16:29
Quote:
NicoWilson
Quote:
TwickGreenQuin

I had a very wet season in the 2nd row.

You can get special pants which should help you through the 80 minutes without further embarrassment.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 22:21
Got my membership pack today and LOVED going through it revving up for the season ahead COYQ

Scaramouche, Scaramouche will you do the fandango...

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
15 August, 2017 23:21
Very good BQ. I thought there had to be something there!

TwickGreenQuin (IP Logged)
17 August, 2017 20:02
Does anyone know when the option to sell tickets back opens up? I am on holiday for the Gloucester game :'(
First home game. Wounded : (

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Harlequins Poll

Is a poll here a stupid idea?

See results > Submit >>