rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Game update
12 August, 2017 14:33
Usual failings led us to be 7/0, Marcus smith looking very sharp sets up our try with a cross field kick to Visser... 7-5, now very long delay while a Quins player is stretchered off.

Re: Game update
12 August, 2017 14:35
Wallace off looks serious

12 August, 2017 14:37
10-5

12 August, 2017 14:46
Gray yellow carded for a tackle off the ball, Irish playing all the rugby..

12 August, 2017 14:48
2bd pushover try from 5m lineout.. 15-5 down 28 min gone

12 August, 2017 14:53
Walker , viss, care, Roberts, horwill, Clifford, marrchant, brown now on

12 August, 2017 15:02
Try Brown I think, 15-10 ht

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 14:57
Thanks HESM

12 August, 2017 15:18
Well worked try by Quins in the corner, converted 17-15 up

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 15:01
thanks

Illegitimi non carborundum

12 August, 2017 15:22
Another good try by Irish after sustained pressure.. Irish up 22-17

12 August, 2017 15:26
5 mins of huff and puff by Quins on halfway led to nothing, robshaw, yarde on at ht

12 August, 2017 15:29
Intercept Lewington (looked really sharp), Irish now 29-17 up

12 August, 2017 15:34
More aimless rugby in midfield going nowhere, 17 left, still 29-17

12 August, 2017 15:40
Camped on their 5m line, came to nothing... our forwards second best all over the park

12 August, 2017 15:47
Their wingers seem to receive the ball at pace, yarde is always standing still! Lineout mistake by Irish gifted Ward an easy try, 29-24 down 4 mins left

12 August, 2017 15:55
Ward scored under the posts last play to nick victory 31/29... champions elect obviously, over and out...

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 15:36
was that it hesm?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 15:37
wardy rocks!

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 15:44
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum
Their wingers seem to receive the ball at pace, yarde is always standing still! Lineout mistake by Irish gifted Ward an easy try, 29-24 down 4 mins left

We've completely failed to create the same space for Yarde that London Irish used to since he's been with us.

Almost quin (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 16:04
Sounds like usual ore season fare. I expect we will start with as Close as possible the 15 that will start st DH in the next friendly next week. Hope Wallace is ok

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 16:22
Wallace Dislocated his hip - ouch!!

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 16:28
Really sad to see hear about Luke Wallace, dislocated hip is a terrible terrible injury and there's a good chance he might be out for the year or at the very least most of the season, really sad for him as he is a top player and i really like him, this is why i don't have an issue with players chasing the cash as some people seem to do, very short career, hope everything goes well with his rehab

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:34
Best wishes to Luke -
Quins were fortunate to nick the match - we were second best most of the match - Irish more physical and effective at the breakdown and we will have to up the pace when the season starts 😑

Crazy Harry (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:40
LI fan - i come in peace.

sorry to see wallace carried off. All that pre-season work and now back to physio. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

CH

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:54
Does anyone want to take a breath and remember this is a pre season game, the entire team changed for the second half and it's about seeing which combinations might work.

The delusion on this board today has reached new levels.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 17:55
Anyone reasonable (big ask) want to say how Smith looked?

COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 18:50
I thought Marcus Smith looked the real deal - great hands, good feet and he can kick from hand. He's defense was his weakness (not surprising given his size) but he wasn't afraid to put it about and go in for the tackles.

He was bossing the senior players about as if he'd been at the club for years.

Impressive performance - he will only get better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 18:53 by The150.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 18:34
Luke Wallace dislocated hip according to James Chisholm.

The Kid (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 18:39
Been away from this site, and indeed watching Quins, for a while due to a disagreement with the way we're approaching things these days. A lot of the issues that have been there a while are still there, but we did well when we did manage to string things together whilst fielding two scratch sides. When it clicks, we're going to be strong in attack but the lack of big ball carriers in the pack is going to hurt us, again. The preference for fastball players is going to hurt us, and Robshaw and Brown are beginning to lose a step. I worry about us when the golden generation is gone.

On the plus side. Marcus Smith was a bright spark. Still a little callow but has great vision, excellent pair of hands and looks to have the tactical side of the game nailed, which is impressive for someone so young. The kid seems to have the trust of some of the more senior players. He's raw, and Roberts/Visser had to order him around a little bit early on but the talent is there for sure. His goal kicking isn't good, but you can coach that to adequacy and with NEV here, he's going to have the best opportunity to do that that he could possibly have.

Maybe the successor already being here was a part in letting Jackson walk. 10 is still a question mark for sure, but maybe the future is already here? He's going to have to play, but I'm looking forward to seeing him. Ideally we'd have another back who can kick goals in the squad when we have him out there to start with, but letting him run things is going to be how he learns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 18:42 by The Kid.

Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 18:56
The Kid - Just a quick Q - when you say his kicking isnt good - do you mean based on today?

I've seen him play a few times and thought his kicking at posts had been good in the past?
Just wondering?

The Kid (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 19:24
Quote:
Nev's Left Boot
The Kid - Just a quick Q - when you say his kicking isnt good - do you mean based on today?
I've seen him play a few times and thought his kicking at posts had been good in the past?
Just wondering?

From hand, impeccable. Off the tee, he was snatching at it a bit. Lang outshone him there. Very solid. Nothing a few one to ones with NEV won't fix.

It's a long time view of mine that shakier goal kickers who are otherwise great players are better off when they don't have that responsibility. He reminds me of George Ford in this way, and that I think is the best comparison of what he can be.

Almost quin (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 19:29
In reality Smith isn't going to get much game time even with injuries he's our fourth choice 10 at present oh and you obviously haven't been watching much if you think Robshaw is showing any sign of slowing down I will give you the Brown comment

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 19:49
If today showed that we lack big ball carriers (and that's an "IF"), then we still have Luamanu and Bothma (when recovered).

Today's game was more about shaking of rust and trying combinations. I don't understand people worrying about our season after today, especially when we won.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 20:08
Ball carriers like baby Chis, Sink, Marler and Luamanu etc. We had quite a few players not playing today and then I would think of another one so there's a number to come back in yet. I stood next to big Matt today and close up he's huge compared to even Kev.

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 20:32
You can only comment and compare to the opposition on the day - pre-season or not, we looked behind Irish in our preparation for the new season- nothing wrong with saying things how you see them 😴

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 21:12
Quote:
ArchQuin
You can only comment and compare to the opposition on the day - pre-season or not, we looked behind Irish in our preparation for the new season- nothing wrong with saying things how you see them 😴

We're playing them first game of the season and JK was explicit that we'd give nothing away about team or combinations.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
13 August, 2017 13:05
Not sure I agree that we have a lack of ball carriers , we do however ( apart from Sink) have a nack of forwards not hitting the ball at pace .

One of our best ball carriers at the back end of last season was Buchanan , he got linked with England off the back of it and only injury kept him from Argentina and developing further- I think with him ,Luamanu , Horwill , Robshaw and Bothma , several Props and others we have players that can knock some holes , and the young 8 Lamb was very good with ball in hand for the last 20 mins - just need to work on the run ups !

Id be surprised if Wallace is back this season which is a huge loss for us and a real shame for him , as someone mentioned above that can be career ending ..lets hope not .

Alofa also left on crutches so hope that gets sorted

I thought LI were a bigger pack and more physical , especially in the first half before all the changes , it is clearly their strength and no doubt we will see a lot of driving mauls from them this season .

I thought Lang and Smith both played well , Lang better off the T with his kicks , but both were confident organisers , and they werent afraid to tackle the LI forwards, bringing them down a number of times - both good prospects that will develop under NEv

A gutsy performance nicked at the end by Wardy with a couple of cheeky wriggles ..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net