rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Sticky Information
DOK (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 20:07
I've never liked the way a number of "sticky" threads take up the top of the message list.
So I'm experimenting with having just a single sticky thread with links to all the others.
Let me know if this is an improvement or you want to go back to the old way.

Match Reporters Desperately Needed

Prediction League Thread

Play Prediction League

Squad/Contract/Injury

JK's Roadmap 2017-18

Harlequin Amateurs

Contracts/Injuries

Harlequins: The First 150 Years.

So what exactly DO you want?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 25/09/2017 11:40 by DOK.

Re: Sticky Information
Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 20:20
Can you now add the prediction league please.

Rocker (IP Logged)
23 August, 2017 22:19
I like it. Aesthetically pleasing at the very least. Let's see how we feel about it in a few weeks time.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 06:40
Quote:
Rocker
I like it. Aesthetically pleasing at the very least. Let's see how we feel about it in a few weeks time.

Yes. Thoroughly agree.

I like it.

Infinitely preferable.

V. Good.

10/10.

Did I mention that I like it?

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 07:37
I think I may have said that I approve.

Now!

How about if we could go straight to the first unread post in a thread? Rather than having to scroll down to find a post with a red marker on it.

Please?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 08:06
DOK, you are a prince among men. Great on mobile app too.

Now just need to get rid of the never-ending abomination.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/08/2017 08:06 by RodneyRegis.

DOK (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 08:11
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Now!

How about if we could go straight to the first unread post in a thread? Rather than having to scroll down to find a post with a red marker on it.

Please?

I think I can reverse posting order so oldest entries in a thread are at the bottom and newest at the top. Is this something people would find useful?

I find just clicking on the last post date takes me to the last entry and I just page up from there.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 09:13
Quote:
DOK
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Now!

Please?

I think I can reverse posting order so oldest entries in a thread are at the bottom and newest at the top. Is this something people would find useful?

I find just clicking on the last post date takes me to the last entry and I just page up from there.

I don't think reversing posts is necessary, but if the site "knows" which posts are new, why not just open to the first new one?

DOK (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 09:42
Given the attention the sportnetwork people are giving the complaints from the board moderators at the moment, I seriously doubt you're going to see any new functionality. Clicking on the post date is the best option (even if it does mean scrolling up a bit)

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 10:22
Ok. But you'll delete the never-ending thread, yeah?

DOK (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 10:27
It's a good way of measuring board activity. When we all have something to talk about, it never surfaces. When things are slow and there's no discussion, then the rotten thing surfaces like whale coming up to breathe!

akb1 (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 10:47
I like the idea of this single sticky with links to those topics.
The Contract/Injuries thread is quite a bit out of date.
I will try and get an updated list sometime over the next week so you can update the original post or we could start a new one.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 11:05
Just to offer a contra view, I enjoy the never ending thread and certainly dont want it deleted.

Illegitimi non carborundum

DOK (IP Logged)
24 August, 2017 11:07
Yes - a new contract/injuries thread would be a good idea. You're all about to get asked what else you want apart from a message board on this site (with the obvious danger that whoever asks for something is liable to get asked to provide it!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/08/2017 11:11 by DOK.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 08:36
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy

Hi DOK
Could you sticky the new prediction league thread rather than the prediction league itself?
Thanks

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 10:17
Quote:
Scaramouche
Just to offer a contra view, I enjoy the never ending thread and certainly dont want it deleted.

+1

DOK (IP Logged)
10 September, 2017 12:11
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy

Hi DOK
Could you sticky the new prediction league thread rather than the prediction league itself?
Thanks

Done that (at last). If I seem to have forgotten anything, just keep sending me PMs until I do it!

MrOther (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 17:12
Genius

akb1 (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 09:56
Squad/Contract/Injury

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/09/2017 09:58 by akb1.

DOK (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 11:41
Done. I've been wondering where to put a permanent reference to that. It might eventually move (they all might) when I clear up the various links in the left hand menu!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net