...weary. So sad to see such demise.

Re: Weak, wreckless and ...
kevin (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 00:28
Btw did we have any centres today?

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 00:59
Yes? One of them scored a try, made 3 clean breaks, beat 6 defenders, and made 80m, while also making the most tackles in the backs for Quins smiling smiley

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

kevin (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 08:26
He was a standout player.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 08:37
Quote:
kevin
He was a standout player.

Bit odd to call out the centres generally then.

Roberts I'll give you though.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 09:12
What does wreckless mean?

Grunge Quin (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 09:27
The club is dead and has been for some time. On paper we have a good squad but a lot of dead wood also of @#$%& championship standard players aka Stanley, Luamanu etc. The real issue is kingston and his inability to actually do anything now correct tactically. It's clear the players aren't motivated or coached a certain way and only turn up when we have the game out of sight to give the compulsory post match spiel of "spirited fightback but blah blah".

I haven't been to the stoop for two years as I feel separated from the club I once loved to go to, even in the relegation season. We aren't fans anymore we are customers where the powers that be are more concerned about having an artist play on the pitch rather than a team to be proud of. Sadly this can't be solved but some fat doris waving a Quins fan telling everyone to get behind the team, we have for the last few years and it amounted to nothing to be proud of.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 10:02
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

Playing without Danny...?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 11:15
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen

Eric?

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 12:10
Screw elks...

Mayor West (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 13:33
Wreckless; to have no wrecks. eg. No ships have sunk in this area of sea, the sea bottom is wreckless.

MrOther (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 13:48
I would add "listless" (and that not only to extend the maritime metaphor ;-)

DOK (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 15:14
So no lists? All on an even keel? smiling smiley

Mayor West (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 17:14
Shipshape you might say, but not Bristol fashion, not yet anyway.

kevin (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 23:01
...oops! Reckless...recks...bloody awful

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 03:47
Quote:
Grunge Quin
The club is dead and has been for some time. On paper we have a good squad but a lot of dead wood also of @#$%& championship standard players aka Stanley, Luamanu etc. The real issue is kingston and his inability to actually do anything now correct tactically. It's clear the players aren't motivated or coached a certain way and only turn up when we have the game out of sight to give the compulsory post match spiel of "spirited fightback but blah blah".
I haven't been to the stoop for two years as I feel separated from the club I once loved to go to, even in the relegation season. We aren't fans anymore we are customers where the powers that be are more concerned about having an artist play on the pitch rather than a team to be proud of. Sadly this can't be solved but some fat doris waving a Quins fan telling everyone to get behind the team, we have for the last few years and it amounted to nothing to be proud of.

Well I can't agree about the club, love going to the Stoop and it's just as welcoming and fun as ever.

But either way, I don't think phrases like "some fat doris" represent the values of the sport we love.

Fanski (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 13:20
"But either way, I don't think phrases like "some fat doris" represent the values of the sport we love."

Oh dear the PC brigade is out again

Arlequin (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 13:51
Its really simple

There are a hard core of players in the squad, mostly internationals who get paid more now than they did three years ago and none of them perform at the level they did three years ago.

We are paying more for less. No room in the wage cap to bring anyone in and as players hit 30 motivation or just tired bodies means they just cant do it anymore.

Recruitment,I think we are paying for the 2013 Lions Roberts not the version we have now.

Poor management of the wage cap is our undoing.

Dave L (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 14:01
Who/what is the "Fat Doris" referring to? Nothing about PC it's just an offensive way to describe someone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2017 14:02 by Dave L.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 14:53
Quote:
Fanski
"But either way, I don't think phrases like "some fat doris" represent the values of the sport we love."

It's a rugby board isn't it?

I'm not PC, but just like I ask people not to swear or abuse the ref if they do so in my earshot, so I also don't think that personal abuse is part of talking about a rugby team.

Shouting abuse (or it's online equivalent) is why I stopped going to football.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 15:13
Yup personal abuse of the management or players is a bit pathetic.

Everyone has the right to criticise performances, but that can easily be done without resorting to childish name-calling.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 00:16
Quote:
Fanski

I see the old trick of replacing PC with "treating people with a modicum of respect" still holds up

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 15:19
I dont shout abuse at the referee but i do frequently disagree with his interpretation. Rather loudly.(Sm100)

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net