rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Teams for tonights A League
akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 15:15
Harlequins has named the matchday 23 to face London Irish at Hazelwood in the Premiership Rugby A League (Monday 11th September, kick-off 19:30).

Charlie Mulchrone captains the side which sees six Academy players in the starting 15. James Lang starts outside Mulchrone at fly-half in a backline that features Harry Sloan, Winston Stanley, Tim Visser and Tim Swiel.

Mark Lambert, Phil Swainston and Elia Elia make up the front three with John Okafor and Stan South behind them at second row.

There are four more Academy players named among the replacements with ex-Elite Player Development Group (EPDG) members Nathan Thomas and James Gulliver named as guests on the bench.

Tickets for tonight's match are £5 on the gate for adults, free for U16s and parking is £5.

Harlequins 'A' matchday 23 to face London Irish 'A'

15. Tim Swiel
14. Cadan Murley
13. Winston Stanley
12. Harry Sloan
11. Tim Visser
10. James Lang
9. Charlie Mulchrone (c)

1. Mark Lambert
2. Elia Elia
3. Phil Swainston
4. John Okafor
5. Stan South
6. Willie Ryan (Guest)
7. Archie White
8. Dino Lamb

16. Charlie Piper
17. Cameron Holenstein
18. Josh Ibuanokpe
19. Nathan Thomas (Guest)
20. James Gulliver (Guest)
21. Calum Waters
22. Dave Lewis
23. Tom James (Guest)

_________________________________________________________________________________

London Irish have named their side ahead of this evening’s Premiership Rugby A League clash against Harlequins at Hazelwood (kick-off 7.30pm).

Academy manager Patrick O’Grady has handed starts to Fijian wing Napolioni Nalaga, centre Johnny Williams and loosehead Tom Smallbone who makes his return from a long-term injury.

Smallbone packs down with Tom Woolstencroft and Ollie Hoskins in the front row, while skipper Will Lloyd and England Under-18 international Josh Basham get the nod in the engine room.

Max Northcote-Green, Isaac Curtis-Harris and Georgian international Lasha Lomidze make up the back row.

Meanwhile Rory Brand and Jacob Atkins form the half back combination, with Williams and Tom Fowlie starting at inside and outside centre respectively.

Wing Matt Williams and full-back Tom Parton retain their place after featuring in last week’s A League opener at home to Gloucester United.

“We’ve addressed a few things from last week’s game and I’m looking for an improved performance tonight,” said O’Grady.

“I’ve made a few changes in order to introduce players that are either returning from injury or those in need of game time and it will be good to see them in action tonight.”

Members are free on presentation of their Membership card. Tickets are on sale on the gate for £5 for adults, U16s are free and parking is £5.

London Irish: 15 Tom Parton, 14 Matt Williams, 13 Tom Fowlie, 12 Johnny Williams, 11 Napolioni Nalaga, 10 Jacob Atkins, 9 Rory Brand, 1 Tom Smallbone, 2 Tom Woolstencroft, 3 Ollie Hoskins, 4 Will Lloyd (c), 5 Josh Basham, 6 Max Northcote-Green, 7 Isaac Curtis-Harris, 8 Lasha Lomidze

Replacements: 16 Todd Gleave, 17 Austin Hay, 18 Lovejoy Chawatama, 19 Teofilo Paulo, 20 Dom McGeekie, 21 Elliot Quintin, 22 Ed Hoadley, 23 Ollie Hassell-Collins

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2017 15:15 by akb1.

Re: Teams for tonights A League
T-Bone (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 16:12
Anyone know if Aspland-Robinson is injured, same with Cheeseman?

Surprised to see Lambert playing

Score updates would be appreciated from anyone attending

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 16:16
Aspland-Robinson got injured in the JWC he hopes to be back Feb/Mar I think

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 17:38
Anybody know if they're showing this as a live stream? (No I haven't rung the club).

Quote:
23. Tom James (Guest)

Ha ha, when I saw this at first glance I thought they'd dragged Tom Guest out of retirement!

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 18:28
3 mins in Quins try missed conv 0 - 5

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 18:39
Irish push over try 7 - 5 14 mins played

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 18:45
Try Quins 7 - 10 21 mins played

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 18:48
Quins try scorers 1st Sloan 2nd Dino Lamb

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 18:53
Quins try Okafor 7 - 17 28 mins played

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 19:05
Quins try for Visser just before HT 7 - 24 ht

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 19:35
Try Lang 7 - 31 51 mins played

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 19:37
Quins twitter says it was Murley that scored the las try

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 19:54
Quins try 7 - 38

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 19:55
Try scorer was Calum Waters 70mins played

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 19:55
Try scorer was Calum Waters 70mins played

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 19:58
Quins try Lang 7 - 45 73 mins played

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2017 07:09 by akb1.

akb1 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 20:03
Ft 7 - 45 Quins

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 20:45
Impressive team work to have 7 try scorers.

fandg2 (IP Logged)
11 September, 2017 20:55
Quote:
T-Bone
Anyone know if Aspland-Robinson is injured, same with Cheeseman?

Cheeseman got injured at the Singha 7s in the summer. Saw him in a boot at last weeks A league game. Did'nt have a boot on at this weeks A league game so figure on the mend

12 September, 2017 05:24
Fantastic to see so many of the first team squad there......But it is astonishing not only how young Marcus Smith is, but how young he looks!!! My lad was training with the Irish Academy on the adjacent pitch and he is only 15 months younger than him!!!! His Dad must still be pinching himself at his rapid rise!!!

DOK (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 08:14
Worth noting our scrum was better than theirs, despite them looking like they had the bigger lumps. As the night wore on (and it was pretty wearing) they got better and better. So with all the inevitable knock ons in those conditions we really had an advantage.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 08:28
Quote:
DOK
Worth noting our scrum was better than theirs, despite them looking like they had the bigger lumps. As the night wore on (and it was pretty wearing) they got better and better. So with all the inevitable knock ons in those conditions we really had an advantage.

Good to hear.

Assuming the RFU don't try and completely remove the scrum from the game this season, Lambert and Swainston are going to have big roles in securing our scrum when Marler and Sinckler are with England. Also good if Elia can show his worth in the scrum as I'd love to see him come through as our starting hooker if he can show he's got all the necessary components.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 08:33
Did Holenstein get on? If so, how did he fare?

T-Bone (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 09:23
Sounds like a decent performance. I understand the conditions were pretty poor in the second half.

Thanks for the score and injury updates

fandg2 (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 09:45
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Got on just after HT, looked ok in the tight but I thought he was woefully short of match fitness (understandably). Ditto Big Josh. The runout will do the pair of them good

never sleep (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 09:47
The conditions weren't much better in the first half. Watching the game was a cold and wet experience.
But - I like Hazelwood - nice place to visit.
£3 for a pint of lager.

akb1 (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 10:51
Trys on [youtu.be]
5th try was Lang as I had originally said.

12 September, 2017 10:55
Quote:
akb1
Trys on [youtu.be]
5th try was Lang as I had originally said.

Some good play there, coupled with some hilarious defending.

Swiel looked to be involved in a lot which is good to see.

1908 (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 11:05
How did the boy Murley play? (Another Penzance boy that played his junior rugby at the Pirates)

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 11:07
Quote:
fandg2
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Got on just after HT, looked ok in the tight but I thought he was woefully short of match fitness (understandably). Ditto Big Josh. The runout will do the pair of them good

Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing his impact. I did fear that his bulk will be an asset in the scrum, but that he'll struggle for a full 80.

They are a huge pair of lads!

akb1 (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 11:46
His legs (or Lads) are like tree trunks.

12 September, 2017 11:49
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
fandg2
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing his impact. I did fear that his bulk will be an asset in the scrum, but that he'll struggle for a full 80.

Hopefully none of our props will need to do a full 80 at any point. We have a bit more depth in those areas this season with the likes of Swainston and Boyce so hopefully we should always be able to get someone on of decent quality after 50-60 minutes.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
12 September, 2017 14:04
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
fandg2
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Hopefully none of our props will need to do a full 80 at any point. We have a bit more depth in those areas this season with the likes of Swainston and Boyce so hopefully we should always be able to get someone on of decent quality after 50-60 minutes.

Fair point. I should have said that my concern is how long he'll last at a good pace before fading badly, if at all. If he could do 50 minutes then I think we have a very useful prop.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net