rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Invisserble
TW Quin (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 12:56
Not even on the bench - anyone have an update what's going on?

Re: Invisserble
COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 13:03
Very strange indeed.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 13:06
Well we can wrap up the 'best thread title of the year' award already.

Cookie (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 13:07
You never see wingers on the bench. He either starts or isn't involved. Bench has to be a 9, a 10 and then a dual position player (although on Sunday it's Marchant who would move to the wing if Sloan comes on).

never sleep (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 13:32
Based purely on last Saturday's performance (backed up by the stats on the Player Survey Results thread), it would be difficult to drop Yarde or Walker to the Bench. Based on Monday night's A-League, Visser was good, but IMO, did not do enough to warrant a place. Swiel however, IMO did enough on Monday to earn a place on the bench. Purely based on Monday, the other bench place should have been between Sloan and Lang. I would go with Sloan rather than having 2 kickers on the bench.

Cookie (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 13:36
Swiel was always going to be on the bench this week as cover at 10. And Sloan more of an out and out centre than Lang. Easy decisions.

Agree that Yarde and Walker playing well. Still a disappointing situation with Visser, though. Last season he was comfortably our best back three player.

DOK (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 13:45
Well, he was competent but not really "stand out" at the A team match. If Yarde or Walker had been playing there I'd have expected them to look more like first teamers "slumming it" - you know what I mean!

Of course, could well be there is something happening between him and management and that's feeding back to his game. But the result is his game doesn't scream "pick me!".

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 14:34
Quote:
talkshowhost86

+1smiling smiley

Illegitimi non carborundum

Cookie (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 14:38
Quote:
DOK
Well, he was competent but not really "stand out" at the A team match. If Yarde or Walker had been playing there I'd have expected them to look more like first teamers "slumming it" - you know what I mean!
Of course, could well be there is something happening between him and management and that's feeding back to his game. But the result is his game doesn't scream "pick me!".

True. The key part was starting with Walker. Once he did that and Charlie has indeed played well in both games (particularly last week), JK was putting himself in this position with TV.

I still say that TV is the big game man and I'd always want him in for Wasps (A) and Leicester (H)

southquin (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 14:47
I want to know why he isn't playing now. I buy two expensive STs a season and would like to know why one of our top players is fit and not playing.

He s a proven try scorer at the top level and his reading of an interception means the oppo has to very careful.

Add to that my family is half Dutch not having the Flying Dutchman playing is a huge disappointment

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 15:13
Quote:
southquin
I want to know why he isn't playing now. I buy two expensive STs a season and would like to know why one of our top players is fit and not playing.
He s a proven try scorer at the top level and his reading of an interception means the oppo has to very careful.

Add to that my family is half Dutch not having the Flying Dutchman playing is a huge disappointment

Excellent, so you only ever have to pay for yourself then....

never sleep (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 15:17
Quote:
southquin

You are Tim Visser and I claim my 5

Jack9909 (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 15:18
Wasp in peace popping over to echo the sentiments about best thread title smiling smiley

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 15:50
Quote:
Scaramouche
Quote:
talkshowhost86

+1smiling smiley

Another +1

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 16:06
Quote:
southquin

What if Walker is in better form? And if that's the case why does someone have to tell you? (With respect)

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 16:42
Anybody know if the players get bonuses attached to appearances? If they do and these are substantial then....

And, no, I dont think the Switchboard Person at the Club will know the answer..

SiBolton (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 18:11
Quote:
Cookie
You never see wingers on the bench. He either starts or isn't involved. Bench has to be a 9, a 10 and then a dual position player (although on Sunday it's Marchant who would move to the wing if Sloan comes on).

Nail....head....hit
Well said Cookie, and that's the facts.

All the why isn't he playing, well who do you drop out of the two regular try scorers?

Saintquin (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 18:33
I'm not disappointed with Charlie starting. He must have a great try per game ratio.
If he left because he wasn't getting enough game time everyone would be upset.
Wouldn't be disappointed if Visser started either!

Harlequins, (was once) probably the best rugby club in the world!
(Sm115)(Sm115)(Sm115)

poorfour (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 19:08
Quote:
Scaramouche
Anybody know if the players get bonuses attached to appearances? If they do and these are substantial then....

And, no, I dont think the Switchboard Person at the Club will know the answer..

I would have thought almost certainly not. For one thing it would play merry hell with the salary cap framework, and for another, as a player why would you sign up for it? The bonus might offer upside - but you'd be keenly aware that an injury or loss of form could completely scupper your earnings for a year.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 20:30
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Sounds like Visser was going all he could to show he wants that starting spot last night.
At least good to see that whatever issues there may be he seems to be getting his head down on the pitch.

Presumably exactly the reaction that the coaching side would be looking for, I fully expect to see him playing on Sunday.

Just goes to show what I know.

Have to say that I am surprised though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net