rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

London Irish
COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
15 September, 2017 23:20
Their results against Sale (tonight) and Exeter really do put our result against them in perspective!

Re: London Irish
Scaramouche (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 01:35
You keep late hours my friend...our little agent provocateur..

Illegitimi non carborundum

Cookie (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 07:15
Well they certainly don't seem 'better than we have them credit for'.

Dave L (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 07:34
While I tend to agree, I do think newly promoted team against local rivals at HQ on first game of the season gives them a little extra push.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 07:59
So we beat Glos, the week after they beat Exeter. That really puts things into perspective.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 08:05
Quote:
Quinky Kin
So we beat Glos, the week after they beat Exeter. That really puts things into perspective.

Now now, your not sticking to the script

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 08:23
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Apologies Si. I'm just remembering how we beat Sarries last season, so we must have been the best team in Europe.

COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 08:37
R1

London Irish 39 v 29 Harlequins

R2

Exeter 37 v 7 London Irish

R3

Sale 36 v London Irish 7

Dave L (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 08:44
Dear Lord....

Does every thread have to be polluted with this same backwards and forwards same debate regardless of the actual topic nonsense?

SiBolton (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 08:47
It does when certain people have their set agenda, and it's getting very boring

Snowman (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 08:49
Quote:
Dave L
Dear Lord....
Does every thread have to be polluted with this same backwards and forwards same debate regardless of the actual topic nonsense?

+1

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 09:26
Quote:
SiBolton

Look on the bright side Si. We beat Munster, who have beaten New Zealand. Voila, Quins must be the world's best team.

COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 09:36
Quote:
SiBolton

Agreed - hopefully you will stick to your word Si.

Robertquin (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 12:06
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
SiBolton

Look on the bright side Si. We beat Munster, who have beaten New Zealand. Voila, Quins must be the world's best team.

Harlequins is the world's best team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2017 12:42 by Robertquin.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 13:37
yeah slinky...duhh

Illegitimi non carborundum

DOK (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 15:04
It's funny, I see complaints about the "pro-JK" posters (or whatever they're called) but it's not them start the threads that continue arguments made elsewhere. It's more like "start another thread, generate a response, complain about the response repeat ad nauseam". It is a kind of trolling, isn't it?

OK - if we're going to continue COYQ_2017 arguments on yet this thread, I'll shut the other one.

COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 16:10
What do you mean? You talk as if there is only one person thinking JK is the wrong man for the DOR job at Quins. A very strange response.

Samquin (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 16:38
Irish still have yet to have a home game in Reading. So too early to compare

DOK (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 16:51
There's only one man keeping me busy chasing him round the board shutting threads behind him. So yes, from my point of view you're absolutely right! smiling smiley

COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 17:16
Quote:
DOK
There's only one man keeping me busy chasing him round the board shutting threads behind him. So yes, from my point of view you're absolutely right! smiling smiley

So only one fan thinks JK should leave the club? Really?

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 18:46
This is the premiership. Even the worst teams tend to win unexpectedly occasionally.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
16 September, 2017 19:12
Quote:
Adi Nako
This is the premiership. Even the worst teams tend to win unexpectedly occasionally.

As SiBolton told me, you're not following the script Adi! You're not allowed to bring logic or reason into these threads... winking smiley

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 06:59
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Peak irony.

Cookie (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 07:14
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
SiBolton
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Peak irony.

+1. You can't script some of his irony.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 08:54
The whole point is there is no logic about comparing other team against team and then basing that result on how we played
It's the constant " Let's find something ( however tenuous) to find fault with club/ manegemnt"
And all the threads descending into JK must go
The only result that counts is the one in which Quins are involved
Think we will get thumped today at the Ricoh, will it be because Visser didn't play, or if JK is coach, who knows, but it won't be down to how London Irish, or Gloucester played this weekend

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2017 09:08 by SiBolton.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 10:16
Quote:
SiBolton
The whole point is there is no logic about comparing other team against team and then basing that result on how we played
It's the constant " Let's find something ( however tenuous) to find fault with club/ manegemnt"
Think we will get thumped today at the Ricoh, will it be because Visser didn't play, or if JK is coach, who knows, but it won't be down to how London Irish, or Gloucester played this weekend

Confusing the issue with facts again, thought you would know better Si.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 12:54
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Quote:
SiBolton

+1

Si, will you never learn? This is no place for sensible, reasoned comments. You're in the land of the irony sniffers... problem is, they're so confused by the whiff of what they produce that they couldn't sniff a herring and identify it as fish.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 12:56
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Quote:
SiBolton

It's completely subjective. How can you claim that it's factual that consequent results between the same teams are not an indicator of form? If we lose to Irish without a bonus, and then they get utterly humped by two other teams, that's pretty relevant. Of course some there are outliers, and home advantage counts for so much in the AP, but to construct the straw man of comparing our wins against Saracens and Munster is utterly facetious. How can you ever gauge performances if you simply shrug your shoulders and say anyone can beat anyone on their day? Such comparisons certainly don't deserve derision and smugness.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 12:58
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Quote:
SiBolton

+1

Si, will you never learn? This is no place for sensible, reasoned comments. You're in the land of the irony sniffers... problem is, they're so confused by the whiff of what they produce that they couldn't sniff a herring and identify it as fish.

House!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 13:01
Quote:
RodneyRegis
If we lose to Irish without a bonus...

Apart from the fact that we did get a bonus, you were starting to sound like you've actually learned something about rugby.

Actually you weren't. But it's good that you're so keen on being factual.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 13:04
Ah, well done you. Lost by more than 7 then smiling smiley

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 13:07
Quote:
RodneyRegis

You do know that there are two ways to win a bonus point? Don't worry, rugby isn't as complex a game as people think. You'll start to pick things up soon. Although judging by your history, maybe not too soon...

SiBolton (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 13:26
RR no derision or smugness intended.
But Ok you seem to have a problem with most things I post that's your prerogative
I just fail to see that when we win a game there still has to be the clamour to discredit any positives
And I didn't mention Munster and saracens btw, the results that count are the ones that we can gain points from, in my opinion, but you have your own , fair enough

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 13:40
Quote:
SiBolton
RR no derision or smugness intended.
But Ok you seem to have a problem with most things I post that's your prerogative
I just fail to see that when we win a game there still has to be the clamour to discredit any positives
And I didn't mention Munster and saracens btw, the results that count are the ones that we can gain points from, in my opinion, but you have your own , fair enough

Not at all si, I admire your eternal optimism. I just don't think there's any need to attack somebody for pointing out the context of our loss against irish, and I certainly don't think there's any need whatsoever for quinks winking smiley

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 13:40
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
RodneyRegis

You do know that there are two ways to win a bonus point? Don't worry, rugby isn't as complex a game as people think. You'll start to pick things up soon. Although judging by your history, maybe not too soon...

Zing.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 15:00
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Zing.

If the game were to end with no further scores Rooney, we would get one bonus point. But after the game I'll explain to you how the points are awarded on the basis of the actual result. Just to save you further confusion and/or embarrassment.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 14:56
Give it a rest

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 15:24
Quite.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 15:43
Mornington Crescent

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 15:59
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quite.

4 points to Quins. 1 to Wasps (bonus point). Neither side get a try-scoring bonus point.

You might want to take some notes.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:00
Quote:
COYQ_2017
Their results against Sale (tonight) and Exeter really do put our result against them in perspective!

That really puts things into perspective.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:09
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
COYQ_2017

I let you have that (Sm128)

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:29
Today's performance really does raise the question of how we could have been so terrible against London Irish.

Really hope the first game was the exception.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:28
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
COYQ_2017

grinning smiley Poor old COYQ will be devastated after today's result. May need to go and have another name change.

Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:37
So Irish to play exeter in the final then?
Irish beat us - we beat Wasps.

must be a championship winning team....

COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 21:07
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
COYQ_2017

grinning smiley Poor old COYQ will be devastated after today's result. May need to go and have another name change.

Great result - I'm far from devastated! I'm still not convinced that JK is the man to lead us but today was a very good result.

No need to be silly QK.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 21:22
Does that mean you acknowledge your initial post was pretty moronic? Or do you stand by it?

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 21:32
If we keep winning he'll post less and less, just like last season, so I think we should all redouble our efforts to get behind the club

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 21:39
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Does that mean you acknowledge your initial post was pretty moronic? Or do you stand by it?

I stand by my post - the result against LI was not good enough. The results since prove it.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 21:43
I don't think anyone claimed it was good enough? Just that LI deserved credit for a strong showing - which was widely regarded as being one of a seasoned Premiership side, not a freshly promoted team.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 21:59
Quote:
Jammy Git
If we keep winning he'll post less and less, just like last season, so I think we should all redouble our efforts to get behind the club

If we do this I'll be delighted - COYQ!

Quins4life (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 22:03
We were poor against Irish, good enough to put glos away last week pretty comfortably but today was as good an away performance from us as I have seen from a Quins side. Gritty, determined and physical. Great to see.

Leicester game is huge now to see if we can kick on from what should be a great confidence boost. The wasps win will mean little if we lose but promising signs. Love how it is all about how Wasps lost and not Quins winning. By far the most impressive result of the first three rounds and get little credit. Fine by me, means we can progress under the radar.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 22:23
Wasps left a few tries on the field, but I feel we left one or two as well. A Quins win.

Good to see more than a few Wasps fans on their forum acknowledging the win with grace. Good sports.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 22:39
I agree Bolly. Wasps were clearly a lot poorer than usual, but part of that was down to Quins' abrasiveness, and as fans we could also moan about our team leaving a couple of tries on the pitch.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 11:53
As the Guardian summed up the first three weeks:

Saracens have thrashed Northampton who have subsequently beaten Leicester and Bath who beat Saracens who beat Newcastle who beat Sale who beat London Irish who beat Quins who have beaten Wasps as well as Gloucester who beat Exeter who beat Worcester ... all inside the first three weekends.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 12:05
Quote:
Adi Nako
As the Guardian summed up the first three weeks:
Saracens have thrashed Northampton who have subsequently beaten Leicester and Bath who beat Saracens who beat Newcastle who beat Sale who beat London Irish who beat Quins who have beaten Wasps as well as Gloucester who beat Exeter who beat Worcester ... all inside the first three weekends.

But the LI result is the only one to put anything in perspective for COYQ! grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net