rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Good Feeling About Today
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:58
I expected much worse TBH. I dont see FH as a problem position to be fair. Smith has been very good, Swiel is a more than able back up and I am also a fan of Lang. Happy with all 3

Clyst Colt Chief (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 17:00
Chief here in peace ..... and quite a lot of jubilation (Sm152).

Well played Quins, real determination shown by all, very very impressive and a delight to watch.

Good luck .... but not so much against us (Sm128) ... See you guys in November ..... Well Played.

Get on Quins (Sm72)

"Get on Exe"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2017 17:02 by Clyst Colt Chief.

DOK (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 17:04
Well the ref showed his inexperience. But I don't really think either team benefitted.

We obviously set out to rattle Wasps, and how well we did it! Haskell has made himself a target for every European club looking to generate a yellow card - just grab the scrum cap!

After all the injuries we have had, did you notice Wasps dropping like flies? That was weird.

If we were going to win away from home, this was surely the least likely. What did the commentators say about Wasps last season. In 11 home games, out of a total possible 55 points they took home 53? And yet we beat them!

Too early to be sure, but honestly, that could be the end of the "can't play away" hoodoo and even a turning point for the season. We can beat Wasps away - who can't we beat?

simjam (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 17:07
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Had a few quid on Quins myself. Serious value at almost 6-1 on betfair.
Let's make this the match thread, flagrant taunting of the mockers gods. COYQ!

Well done fella. i wish i would have not gone for an outlandish 145/1 first try scorer points margin double and had a solid 20 on the win only. So on the downside i won no money but on the upside brilliant result and i've got a cracking bit of Lamb in the oven.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 17:09
I'm not sure why Dai was complaining about the ref as he let plenty go for both sides and at one point we had given away 9 to their 4 pens.

DOK (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 17:20
The other point the commentators made was that last season when we played them at the Ricoh, they had the try bonus point sewn up in 30 minutes! Maybe that's the kind of measure we need as to how far we have come!

SiBolton (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 17:48
If we carry on like that who knows
Didn't have any expectations at all

Brilliant all round, still beyond me how Cips ten min in the bin wasn't a penalty try, but never mind 4 points and 5th very happy with that

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 18:31
The ref definitely missed a lot, but I liked his attitude towards favouring the attacking side and the way he stamped out the backchat. Thought Danny was very lucky not to get pinged for taking too long at the base of the ruck in the last couple of mins. Had shades of that Exeter game a couple of seasons ago when we got turned doing just that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2017 18:33 by RodneyRegis.

Grumpy Bloke (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 19:08
Really enjoyed that. The pack need a few plaudits as well. Our pack can match the best and our bench looks more solid this year. I thought Clifford had his best game since coming back from injury, Horwill captained well and Collier is just solid. Just hope Buchanan, Grey and Chisholm recover quickly. This season is going to be exciting. No-one is safe !

T-Bone (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 10:34
What a fantastic result, huge credit to the whole team and coaches. Not a perfect performance by any means, but that performance contained so much of what was missing in our away games last year.

Clifford's best game for us for a while. Yarde and Walker continuing their excellent starts to the season. Smith played really well. Says a lot that he was on at the end and they didn't feel the need for an older head to see the game out. He took the hits well too after getting targeted (nothing wrong with that, and none of the tackles were at all illegal, just several big hits, as you'd expect). Would like him to kick the ball out before celebrating in future though!

Care still taking too long to get the ball away from the breakdown and really thought we were going to lose the ball or get pinged at the end.

Marchant very good too, Roberts and Brown solid enough, though couple of unforced knock ons from Brown.

Forwards all good. Merrick carried well, Horwill had a good game, Luamanu largely carried well too, though seems to drop the ball rather a lot.

Both sides missed some chances, but Wasps really butchered two tries. After missing a couple of easyish kicks last week great to see Smith nail all his, and it was the oppo 10 who missed.

Thought the ref missed a fair bit, offsides from both sides, too much backchat, which he eventually stamped out. Wasps fans in stadium were very unhappy with the ref and with our injuries. Not sure why you'd boo someone getting a serious looking injury looked at, and to boo an injured player going off, even if he has been the pantomime villain, is rather poor. I know they booed one kick, but that's happened at the Stoop before when the crowd are angry with a decision. Not sure why the crowd were so incensed though. Had to be a yellow for Haskell. Maybe Joe should have had one for provoking him, but you seem a scrumcap flying off every week, so hardly a serious offence. Overall I thought we maybe got the rub of the green, but not massively, and certainly no massive howlers from an inexperienced ref, just could have stamped his authority on the game a bit earlier.

At times we still looked a bit clueless in attack, going from side to side, and got cut open rather easily in defence as soon as Wasps got the ball beyond the 10/12.

Those are minor gripes though, great performance and win, just hope we can keep it up, not only next week, but for the rest of the season. Could not question the attitude, commitment and intensity today, which has not always been the case recently.

One law question: at one stage, Horwill charged down a freekick and was pinged for not being back 10. I couldn't see if he was or not, but ref then awarded wasps a further free kick. Should it not have been upgraded to a penalty?

Very happy man last night

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 11:10
On the ref, agree with T-Bone about the Wasps fans getting unnecessarily riled up by his decisions.

I would hope that any reasonable fan would look at the Haskell/Marler dust-up and realise that Haskell was being very daft and deserved his period on the naughty step. But even so to boo people for the next 30 minutes and when that player then goes off injured is football fan behaviour, and I'd hope there are a few Wasps fans who were annoyed at their fellow fans actions.

Couple of things went against both teams. For our part, Cippers' yellow could easily have been a penalty try considering there was nobody behind him, and Launchbury should definitely have seen yellow for killing the ball deliberately in the build up to our decisive penalty. You could potentially argue that Sink's yellow could have led to a penalty try as well (although there were more bodies involved there) but that didn't actually change anything as Wasps scored straight away anyway.

The players generally were taking the mickey with an inexperienced ref in the first half (as others have said the yap was unbelievable at times) but I'm glad he cracked down on that at half time.

Overall I don't think the ref's decisions changed the outcome of the game, and even Dai Young's half-hearted attempt to blame the ref sounded like he didn't believe it himself.

poorfour (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 12:05
I did think Cips yellow should have been a penalty try. As even Dayglo said, if Roberts had caught the ball - which he would have done without the knock on - he was under the posts.

So why that wasn't even looked at is... well, I guess it's an inexperienced ref and he probably didn't want to be booed for the rest of the match.

never sleep (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 12:18
Its a shame that the ref didn't consider asking the tmo about the penalty try option. A 3rd try at that point of the game would have changed the dynamics of the game somewhat. From a Quins perspective, there would be 10 minutes against 14 men to get a bp try. From a Wasps perspective, there would be an underdog mentality to need to score a try to win the game. Either way, you have an exciting finish (not that it wasn't exciting as it was).

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net